Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

That would be incredibly OP. Bard is a lot better than people are giving it credit for. I use it on some of my builds atm.

It's certainly not a discipline you can drop into any role/promotion though.

22 minutes ago, ZYBAK said:

That would be incredibly OP. Bard is a lot better than people are giving it credit for. I use it on some of my builds atm.

It's certainly not a discipline you can drop into any role/promotion though.

not really, youre blowing a major slot for it

itll be on a support build. group only. a new tray for it wouldnt be bad

4 minutes ago, yianni said:

not really, youre blowing a major slot for it

itll be on a support build. group only.

I mean I think that's the idea of the discipline as a whole. If it was really good solo then it'd be absurd in a group.

Making them all passive is an interesting idea. It would take it from being mostly awful in practice to being mandatory in every group. I think you can start with this idea and tweak it down to be more reasonable.

Edited by Yoink

aeei5jG.png

I'd rather see song effects buffed than them become passive if Bard needs to be bumped up. Passive buffs is the most braindead lame thing ever. 

Edited by ZYBAK

The Problem is that every Aura and Song need to be recastet After any stun, knockdown or knockup. So you can Only use them with promotions with some cc immunity in pvp. Just dont let them go off from this cc Effekts and they are useful.

They should have 2 passives that you can toggle one on, and two actives that you can only do one at a time.

Passives:

Health regen (def)

or

Attack power (off)

Actives

speed boost (non-combat)

or

Damage reduction (combat)

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

I’d prefer to buff the powers that don’t feel useful enough, especially the health regen which is useless.

I would also also be tempted to make the chants cast instantly.

Making the disc into a bunch of passives sounds boring.

IhhQKY6.gif

1 hour ago, Jah said:

I’d prefer to buff the powers that don’t feel useful enough, especially the health regen which is useless.

I would also also be tempted to make the chants cast instantly.

Making the disc into a bunch of passives sounds boring.

Then they should add a new bard tray. Just not enough slots for people to use on active trays

1 minute ago, yianni said:

Then they should add a new bard tray. Just not enough slots for people to use on active trays

If the powers are worth using then it's a real decision about which powers to replace with them. If they aren't worth using then there is no room.

IhhQKY6.gif

17 hours ago, Jah said:

If the powers are worth using then it's a real decision about which powers to replace with them. If they aren't worth using then there is no room.

and which powers would you say are worth it right now? maybe the personal dmg mod? 75ap/sp isnt worth it , speed is maybe ok, dont even wanna talk bout ooc hp regen

Needs a full rework IMO.  4 slots is just too many for an 8 button game.  Passives are not the way though.  Some passive group utility would be nice, but not all of it.

11 minutes ago, blazzen said:

Need a minor disc that prevents CC From interrupting songs. 

IMO, the CC shouldn't automatically end the song, just prevent it from refreshing if you cannot use powers when the timer is up. This makes Sustaining Note useful by making it less likely for CC to break songs.

While we're at it, Minor Accompanyment needs to be strong enough to be a serious contender.

Bard and Troub are not bad on the surface, but I do think that being an effective buff bot for your team should take more than tossing in a major and using a power slot; but using up those minor slots to buff bard/Troub needs to be worth it.

- Allow bard songs to be added to the consumable bar

- Condense into one button branching combo chain for 4 options

the two "out of combat" utility songs:

- Speed song to also give +mount speed. Perhaps make your dodge pips regen 10% faster etc.

- Grant the hp regen song the same out of combat "resting" buff as campfires (or just make it % life based). Let it grant class resource regen in combat.

The two "combat songs" are both ineffective and boring/impossible to see the impact of

1) convert the ap/sp to grant allies procs of either:

- blademaster like orbs that heal and grant short but more impactful ap/sp

- old legio "discilpine" buff that will heal for your next X hits. Or add a dmg proc you can see for next X hits.

2) convert the group mitgation buff into a group hp barrier that regens on song refresh. Or steal frost armor like mechanic of x mitgation for y hits.

Edited by Tinnis

I don't think they have current powers that do this so they'd have to write new code but...

Bard songs: 1 power, casting swaps between effects in sequence after each casting animation (this allows maintaining all 4 if all you want to do is spam the song cycle, or flexibility in combat by sacrificing some time to cast the swap 1-3 times)

Change the terrible hp/sec song to a resources/sec buff so it is compelling when compared to other songs and adds further dimension to the song swap mechanic

Toggle powers in general: Remove the requirement to recast and the detoggle from CC. Replace it with toggle suppression on hard CC for 10 seconds. (You get stunned, your toggles turn off for 10 seconds, then they are active again)

Twisting: Removed, in stead add a separate twisting minor for each song, named for its upgrade. These upgrade their given song while removing its opposite from the cycle (for instance, Getting the DPS song minor would give you an upgrade DPS song but remove the defense song, getting the speed song would remove the resource song)

Extended song minor: Renamed "Concentration" and halves toggle supression for ALL toggle powers (not just songs) to 5 seconds

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Each song should have value in and out of combat.  Song twisting should increase the potential of each song twisted in (giving value to using all four) rather than the last one cast.  Recasting only one song after being CC'd should retain the twist and keep all active songs going or some other comparable mechanic so one CC doesn't completely break your toggles (Toggle recasting is incredibly unfun).  A couple tweaks around the passives may help along perhaps with one that gives even further bonuses when using Troubadour at the same timel.  They have their value and have their place, but they do need love.  Having a Bard tray would just be a whole clunky mess of no thank you and leads to a lot of balance concerns (What non-bard powers should even be allowed on the Bard tray?)

Does anyone know if songs stopping from CC is a design choice or a game quirk that has become accepted behavior?

With how CC heavy this game is (ironically?), I do find it strange that toggle powers aren't persistent considering how relatively weak they are and the cast time.