Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

More freedom (and impact) on Stat allocation

So, I gotta say using our lvl up stats is huge disappointment. The values seem insignificant and their impact feel minimal. All in all, I feel we are really missing the classic rewarding feeling of lvling up and seeing your character grow stronger and personal.

My suggestion is allow us to be more specific where we want to place that point. As of today we have:

DEX - 1 point adds +0.05% Critical Strike Chance, +1 Resist all, +1 Attack power AND +0.05+ Critical Healing Chance (This one doesnt show on the inventory window for some reason)

STR - 1 point adds +0.05% Damage Bonus. (I'd move attack power here since it makes more sense - this isnt the place for that tho)

INT - 1 point adds +0.05% Critical Damage, +0.05% Healing Bonus AND +0.05% Critical Healing Amount (that is also missing in the window)

CON - 1 point adds +8 HP (Pfft) AND +2 Barrier Bonus, +0.2% Block Bonus (Each 2 points!?) or +1 Bleed Resistance (I got 3k from my promotion, think about how much I care for that +1)

Obviously all the numbers are balanced by the fact people are gaining value in multiple stats. That makes the whole thing dumber from a character customization point of view. For example, if I want to make a build that benefits from Critical Healing Chance but not from Critical Strike Chance I end up gimped. I get less Critical Healing Chance because I have to compensate for the +0.05% Critical Chance I get with it.

Idea is simple, allow us to either invest in the parent stats (DEX, STR, INT, SPR, CON) or directly in one of the children.

Here, Images with my suggestion plus a few modifications to both show all available stats and more logical parent-child option.

3BJAOuj.png

obs.: Seems like I forgot to  move Resist All to CON. No idea why it is on DEX...

As y'all can see spending it on the parent stat gives us the normal gains we have today (LEFT). Spending it on the child stat though gives us an extra 50% of the normal gain (RIGHT). As always ignore the specific numbers and focus on the idea.

It would be interesting to have the stats baked in vessels be assigned to the parent stats by default.

I dont think this would change much of the balance. It will simply stop players from being all the same. I'd think most players would end up rounding up a bit (investing in the parent stats) so they arent lopsided and then focus on their most valuable stats.

A healer could bump his crit chance a bit to get a reasonable proc chance (investing on DEX) and then focus solely on Crit Heal since that is his thing.

Dont take me wrong it will probably break stuff but I really think that is how creating your character in a MMO should feel. It is one of the changes that must be made before balancing comes around or it will never happen.

As a side note and for clarity I really think the gains (green number in the pics) should become a thing regardless. The complete list of stats too by the way.

Anyway I think it would be more MMO-like. I dont really feel any sort of customization dumping stats today...

And how do you do with caps with vessels ?
Currently you can hit a cap with green vessel ( when you have 250 / 300 ).
Can you make a simulation with this is mind ?
Because 15% instead of 10% with 200 more point seems a lot

12 minutes ago, moneda said:

Which passive skill, exactly, adds more "with one pip" than 30 Strength?

30 STR is 1.5% damage and depending on your class 30 AP.

Some pips give give 2% pen or 75 AP. Some single talent pips are actually pretty close to 30 attributes if you only take combat stats into account

aeei5jG.png

2 hours ago, BarriaKarl said:

So, I gotta say using our lvl up stats is huge disappointment. The values seem insignificant and their impact feel minimal. All in all, I feel we are really missing the classic rewarding feeling of lvling up and seeing your character grow stronger and personal.

My suggestion is allow us to be more specific where we want to place that point. As of today we have:

Anyway I think it would be more MMO-like. I dont really feel any sort of customization dumping stats today...

Glad people are finally realizing how little customization there is in this game. 

A lot of the "under the hood" crafting changes in 5.11 have further reduced the small amount of customization we had. 

The plus side for ACE is they are removing the ability to "screw up" a character.