• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dubsidia

Type of mounts.

254 members have voted

1. 1. What mount would you like to see?

This game should have mounts. 

Keep it sensible though, so nothing that farts in the face of the (yet to be established) game lore. 

And then, you could have a non-combat proficiency for looking after animals. 

And then have a buildable player run stable.

And then charge other players a fortune to store and feed and maintain their mounts. Because storing and feeding and caring for the quality of animal usable as a mount would be expensive. 

It would also require the inclusion of weapons specifically suited for dealing with mounted adversaries, and possibly a skill-line devoted to dealing with mounted adversaries. 

Edited by puddles404

I personally think mounts should not be for everyone, and that they fit into certain "mounted builds", where players can use certain skills, only while mounted, but maybe lack in other areas. I see mounts as more of a combat tool.

As for the looks of the mounts, I would need to know more about the game. Without knowing anything, though, I think I would like dragons, as they fit well into the mounted fighting style I mentioned above. They could possibly allow you to use special fire skills while mounted, but have a downside, such the player takes more ice/water damage. Obviously this is just a rough example, as we don't really know anything about the game. (just an example)

EOWWuhQ.png 

yea, in Shadowbane we had to use centaurs.

"Camouflage is the color of fear..  I have no need to hide from my foes.. I have no fear of death.  My colors I wear openly, they proclaim louder than any words, "I am proud to live, I am proud to die."

Heh, it would be cool that if your a centaur you can double as a mount.

But I do hope that if there is mounts, there are no silly stupid mounts.  I hang my head in shame whenever I look at Tera or Rift.

Land Sharks, really?

If it is an open world, then there would definitely need to be mounts.

In shadowbane (similar to dark fall?) we could use runegates, safeholds, open trees, or ruins (dead trees you could end up at if you had no guild or were killed in your own town). There was a lot of running that took place.

One of the few things I did like about WoW was mounts and whatever the bird thing was you could fly on predetermined flight paths from city to city.

If it's an open world without instancing, then running sucks. And any way you can reduce it is great. I will say that what all games do wrong is make you earn a mount later in the game. Forget that. I'm a noob trying to figure this crap out and doing it on two feet isn't anything new if I have to run long distances. Nothing worse than running from town A to town B and back for stupid quests.

So imagine this: you're walking down a road doing some quests or running from some dude trying to kill you or something. You're going and you're going and all of the sudden you and the people around you all stop. You all look in one shining direction as a ball of cosmic glory powers through the zone carefree. The longer you stare, the closer it gets until it's nearly next to you. All of the sudden atop this ball of radiance, a player jumps into battle with those around him including yourself and ruins everyone around you. As the final remaining players die he shouts "GIT REKT SCRUB, LUL" and he resumes his meditative state upon his glorious glowing ball of light and power, and leaves to what just may be an eternity of wrecking people this world and beyond.Space_Planet_016475_.jpg

Nothing worse than running from town A to town B and back for stupid quests.

You just made me remember my time as a young Bounty Hunter in SWG, grinding the Investigation tree... on foot... back before there were mounts.

That was some serious running. Am trying to think of any other game where you had to travel that much distance.

Stupid quests are stupid, though. No disagreement from me on that! Commuting in any game sucks.

But I want to crush people under a giant rubber ducky mount!

a lot of people are h8ing on the art.  I like it.  Then again im an artist and i love cartoons and anime. 

Have u even see an in game ss? noooooooooope?

ezgzn8.jpg

You just made me remember my time as a young Bounty Hunter in SWG, grinding the Investigation tree... on foot... back before there were mounts.

That was some serious running. Am trying to think of any other game where you had to travel that much distance.

Stupid quests are stupid, though. No disagreement from me on that! Commuting in any game sucks.

more of a commute than SB?

ezgzn8.jpg

mounts like Rhino's that you could use for sieges. Just the thought of a massive Rhino battering through a stone wall followed by an army of soldiers makes me feel giddy inside.

Bleh. I'd much rather just have a robust system of siege engines than a mount that would have to be incredibly slow to justify/offset the ability to bash walls with its head. The rider would likely be a sitting duck for anyone sniping from atop walls. Instead, give us the ability to build turtle shells out of wood and hide to protect battering rams or mantlets to offer some modest protection to advancing units.

Not trying to hijack the thread into a discussion about laying siege to player cities, rather I'm trying to point out that there are more elegant, complex, balanced, and fun ways to achieve goals without flooding the community with all sorts of fantastic mounts imo.

2eyfm20.jpg

You know you are replying in a thread under the Suggestions sub-forum?

That wasn't very nice.

I suggest no mounts. Waste of resources.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

I want mounts that can be earned and/or obtain by some sort of Crafting or Profession system.

Crafted:

Motorbikes

Abomination creatures (Think hindquarters of wolf, front a lion, head of a buffalo). We "stitch" them.

Flying contraptions like Jet powered packs and Steampunk Icarus Wings

Tanks

Dropped:

Stallions

Leopards

Hippocampus

Hawk (I'd love a Harris' Hawk mount personally)

Professions: (Sort of stealing WoW's professions for sake of topic)

Herbalism:

Flytrap

Vines

Cactus

Skinning:

Skinned Wolf

Skinned Bear

Mining:

Stone giant

Some sort of Crystal creatures etc

dancing_gengar_icon__f2u__by_shadowninja