Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dubsidia

Type of mounts.

  

254 members have voted

  1. 1. What mount would you like to see?



Recommended Posts

Even though you rarely see it, I would LOVE flying/hovering brooms. Its something I have longed for in a good fantasy mmo.

 

Please devs, let us release our inner wickedness!

Not sure if serious...


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me personally, I'd love to see an mmorpg built with flying mounts in mind from the start. Where the world is designed with them in mind and has a lot of vertial content (IE tall mountains with secret dungeons/areas you can get to by flying, flying towns, etc and other flying enemies).

 

For that I'd like to have (obviously) dragons, but also Pegasus type horses. Ever since I saw Clash of the Titans I always wanted one in an rpg, but I've yet to see one that was player controlled.

 

My biggest hope is if there are mounts, there's mounted combat, and mounts control like MOUNTS and not like a +movespeed buff (where it simply feels like you're still controlling a human character rather then a horse or other mount).

 

Mounts should have different speed gaits (IE walk/trot/canter/gallop for horse types) and flying mounts need to be abelt o roll and have complete freedom, similar to how you can fly in flying sims or such. Being able to do rolls, loops, and having speed affected by diving, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear god I hate dragon mounts, it's like asking why mice don't ride around on men... Their universally inferior >.>

 

But I think mounts are essential given the Centaurs involved, horses, wargs, so on. I hope they get a little complex with mounts, small units like Dwarves or the rat could ride smaller stuff, the rat may even be able to ride other players or run as a beast (I know what I said earlier >.>)


a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I don't want to see any flying mounts. It would shrink the world and potentially mess up strategy, depending on how it wubbe implemented.

 

I hope the dragons are too bad ass to allow themselves to be saddled.

 

Though I think different races should have different mounts available to them. If you're a midget a tiger (for the sake of argument) can carry him, if you're a full-grown man any extended ride will probably break the tiger's back.

 

I want to see realistic mounts with different characteristics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any large open world animal should be able to be tamed to ride. Or just have a friend that plays a centaur lol. If u could ride the wild animals it would make gathering them for a guild an option and if resources run out during the winter phase you could always kill your mount for food. And if a mount can be taken by other players it just adds to the games risk factor in open world FFA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to agree with the others, IF dragons were allowed as a mount it should A) be VERY easy to spot B) Cost additional training to be able to tame one C) Be limited to a few archetypes with additional penalties. Maybe make it a percentage chance of being able to tame it as well 95% chance of being eaten 5% chance of taming. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's how I would like it.

 

Only horses, donkeys, mules or even oxen.

Horses would be used for speed and, if trained and equipped, mounted combat.

Beast of burden would be for transporting goods. Hauling carts would be used to transfer larger quantities of goods. This would create caravan defend/attack mechanics.

 

All mounts are always in the game world and subject to permanent death or changing hands.

 

This could also create a deep taming, breeding, holding, selling mechanic into crafting/farming. Even possible to have a finite amount of horses spawned the world initially, but if players choose, can increase the population indefinitely through effective breeding and defending.

 

Imagine a strategy of sneaking into an enemy fort to kill or even steal their horses. Sounds fun to me.


(you)


hJDP10K.jpg


"In any fight, it's the guy who's willing to die that's gonna win that inch."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to see flying mounts. Having the chance to see the world from the sky is just awesome. A Giant Armored Crow could be nice to ride.


Have a nice day !  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...