Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LordofCake

5.110 LIVE Feedback for 6/3/20

45 minutes ago, Sims said:

The placement of attributes are not consistent.  For example the Cool Down, type of spell, time indicator are in different locations.  The problem seems to be that some spell doesn't have certain attributes and it cause the next attribute to shift. 

Seems like a consistent thing to me.

I have never claimed any leadership positions in DIS. I express my own thoughts and opinions.

Posted (edited)

In light of Frostweaver being an everything class and retaining a lot of its range and its damage going Ranged Defense spec, it feels like Confessor Sanctifier needs a pass, especially in light of the improvements to melee range.  I'd like to see their current class cap node expanded upon in some way to expand its build potential so that Mail and Plate have meaningful uses (even Leather, to an extent, for the weird people out there).  Here is what I propose:

- Adds a 20% damage bonus to targets within 10m of the Confessor.  This bonus reduces by 2.5% per meter above 10m.

- Each piece of mail armor equipped reduces range of all skills by 7.5% to a minimum of 10m, but also improves Power Efficiency and cooldowns on all skills by 2.5%

- Each piece of plate armor equipped reduces range of all skills by 15% to a minimum of 10m, but also adds 50 Resist All and 50 Elemental Resist.  The added resist effect is doubled while channeling any skill.

I think this would make Sanctifier a much more interesting spec with a lot more wiggle room and a far more straight forward description on how range is affected compared to now.  Leather has its use by pumping in tons of extra damage potential due to damage bonus from leather, Mail has value over Plate by retaining some range (with innate damage bonus helping compensate for loss from range) while increasing potential to cast more abilities more often, and Plate gains more survivability and rewards risking use of channeled skills while in punishable melee range.  10m minimum allows for some potential to kite melee, as well, which all ranged should have to some extent, since basically all melee is 5 or 6m now.

Edited by Deioth

10 hours ago, SAM_BUKA said:

Seems like a consistent thing to me.

In UI design you want to reserve the same spot to display same info.  This help people train their eyes.  What needs to happen here is if attribute doesn't exists, they need keep it blank and not shift.

2 hours ago, Sims said:

In UI design you want to reserve the same spot to display same info.  This help people train their eyes.  What needs to happen here is if attribute doesn't exists, they need keep it blank and not shift.

Sounds more like a polishing thing. Not applicable for the Alpha state though (IMHO).

I have never claimed any leadership positions in DIS. I express my own thoughts and opinions.

BLOCK  vs  DODGE

OK, how does making block vs dodge an XOR choice benefit either the game or the player experience?

Cleric and Knight are distinguished in part by having been granted the ability to block. Block sets them apart, helps define those classes.  Other classes have their standout, defining features, here's one for Knight and Cleric.

Vis-a-vis game design, does having both make them too strong? Create balance issues?  When gameplay rewards intelligent positioning,  but in-combat movement is distinctly diminished, dodge becomes emphatically valuable. Hence, the XOR becomes a severe limitation. Designers acknowledge this to a degree by giving Knight the Pursuit power.  Still, where is the balance problem here in allowing both dodge and block?  And if it does present a balance problem, aren't there are other design alternatives to handle it?

Converesely, we have the player perspective. Does the XOR choice nudge his experience in the direction of "more than adequate", "very strong" or "OP"?   Or does it bump it the other way? I'd like to see a poll, but I rate it as below "less adequate", yet above "inadequate", certainly not "worthless".  And those dodge pips are gone away, vanished, deleted, it's all on stamina now -- I miss them.

So how about it, where are the benefits to game design or player experience that justify the XOR?

I'd love to see an official poll.

Power to the Crows!

@shruuti I have never been a fan of losing my dodge on any of my characters because it is my most valuable tool.  They give these blocks in lieu of them because they are so strong.  I think with the cleric it is a choice, maybe one is better than the other.  With Knights or Templar's it is not a choice.  You just do not get a dodge on those classes because they are more dependent on their blocks to function in their role than cleric is.  Clerics can be better immobile healers or more mobile with slightly worse healing.   Templar's parry is one of, if not the strongest tool in the game.  I have tried extensively to play this class without the block with utter failure. In 5.10 the survival tray made this style of play much more feasible because you could tray swap to your dodge still.   So while I support difficult decisions like I have seen you struggle back and forth on cleric block with, I do not like a class that can only function without dodge because it is not a choice.   Maybe the answer is to offer classes with block abilities that can act as movement, censure on Templar, pursuit on knight.   Again this just removes the choice aspect, but it does create unique classes that function very differently.    This was all designed with tray swapping in mind and I think you make great points they should consider when they go back to look at the design philosophy of these classes.

-The Legion shall forever be reborn

qliewl5.png

1 hour ago, shruuti said:

BLOCK  vs  DODGE

OK, how does making block vs dodge an XOR choice benefit either the game or the player experience?

Cleric and Knight are distinguished in part by having been granted the ability to block. Block sets them apart, helps define those classes.  Other classes have their standout, defining features, here's one for Knight and Cleric.

Vis-a-vis game design, does having both make them too strong? Create balance issues?  When gameplay rewards intelligent positioning,  but in-combat movement is distinctly diminished, dodge becomes emphatically valuable. Hence, the XOR becomes a severe limitation. Designers acknowledge this to a degree by giving Knight the Pursuit power.  Still, where is the balance problem here in allowing both dodge and block?  And if it does present a balance problem, aren't there are other design alternatives to handle it?

Converesely, we have the player perspective. Does the XOR choice nudge his experience in the direction of "more than adequate", "very strong" or "OP"?   Or does it bump it the other way? I'd like to see a poll, but I rate it as below "less adequate", yet above "inadequate", certainly not "worthless".  And those dodge pips are gone away, vanished, deleted, it's all on stamina now -- I miss them.

So how about it, where are the benefits to game design or player experience that justify the XOR?

I'd love to see an official poll.

Power to the Crows!

During the recent Q&A stream they said they will add/try giving some classes an alternative lung by holding LMB vs tapping it. Don't see why something similar couldn't be used for other powers/actions if they are going in this direction. Hold RMB you block, double click you dodge.

Wish combos worked in a similar fashion instead of the popup setup. Press 1 for base power, Press 1 again for Combo A, Press Shift+1 for Combo B, Press 1 again for Combo A-2, Press Shift+1 again for Combo B-2 or something like that.

7 hours ago, APE said:

During the recent Q&A stream they said they will add/try giving some classes an alternative lung by holding LMB vs tapping it. Don't see why something similar couldn't be used for other powers/actions if they are going in this direction. Hold RMB you block, double click you dodge.

Wish combos worked in a similar fashion instead of the popup setup. Press 1 for base power, Press 1 again for Combo A, Press Shift+1 for Combo B, Press 1 again for Combo A-2, Press Shift+1 again for Combo B-2 or something like that.

More input options are always welcome.

I would personally prefer classes that have block simply hold shift then tap RMB in order to dodge move.  I feel like that would be the cleanest implementation to start with.  I still want to see what they come up with for these lunge moves but we'll definitely need mutliple ways to interact with it.  I highly prefer hold down my LMB so I'd need something different to match how I interact with my M+K.

Please update the look of duelists to be a little bit cooler.. 

We are rogues but outside of the hat dont look very rogish - Some Black Leather maybe?

and my moonstone skull placement gives me the appearance of a bunny rabbit tail.... /Facepalm

duelist.jpg

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

58 minutes ago, PaleOne said:

Please update the look of duelists to be a little bit cooler.. 

We are rogues but outside of the hat dont look very rogish - Some Black Leather maybe?

guineaslayer.png

Posted (edited)

I guess a lot of people will agree on that because a lot of people are just disgruntled off with it:

Please, please, do something with EMPTY FLASK crafting process. It is such a PAIN in the bottom to craft them. I know people who have crafted 3000+ pieces of Empty Flasks and they totally just HATE it (luckily I've crafted just a few hundreds of those).

Edited by SAM_BUKA