Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vendors need descriptions

It would be really helpful to have some kind of "signage" directly on a vendor. In SWG there was an Advertising skill that let you add a custom text message to the npc vendors.

tiPrpwh.png

28 minutes ago, miraluna said:

It would be really helpful to have some kind of "signage" directly on a vendor. In SWG there was an Advertising skill that let you add a custom text message to the npc vendors.

Should be able to choose what the icon above vendors display, so instead of a gold coin with a crow you could pick an icon that say a gold coin with a potion potion or a bow, ore and so on. Should have one for each weapon/armor/craft/resources. similiar to the vendor building spot that had the sign above that you could craft but this changes the icon instead.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

33 minutes ago, veeshan said:

Should be able to choose what the icon above vendors display, so instead of a gold coin with a crow you could pick an icon that say a gold coin with a potion potion or a bow, ore and so on. Should have one for each weapon/armor/craft/resources. similiar to the vendor building spot that had the sign above that you could craft but this changes the icon instead.

It would also be nice if that icon would change to have a circle/slash over the originial icon if the store didn't have any of what was represented by that icon in stock. 

That plus let us use EKs for vendor towns. 

I'd say prohibit crafting in EKs. And let people be able to teleport to an EK from campaigns to go shop

Edited by yianni

1 hour ago, veeshan said:

While this would certainly be better than what we currently have, I would prefer them to just allow us to add text to be displayed above the vendor's head, the way it used to work. Some people might want to organize their vendors by function, rather than item type. For example, I might have a vendor that only sells crafting gear, or maybe even just blacksmithing gear. It could include armor, weapons, jewelry, vessels, disciplines, specialty seals. Or maybe I have a vendor that has healing focused gear. A static set of icons won't cover all the possibilities. I'd rather have a more flexible solution.

42 minutes ago, yianni said:

That plus let us use EKs for vendor towns. 

I'd say prohibit crafting in EKs. And let people be able to teleport to an EK from campaigns to go shop

Like Jah said, why? People can craft in temples. What's the difference if they can craft in EKs? IMO, EKs should be able to get the same crafting buffs that keeps can have.  

21 minutes ago, Arkade said:

While this would certainly be better than what we currently have, I would prefer them to just allow us to add text to be displayed above the vendor's head, the way it used to work. Some people might want to organize their vendors by function, rather than item type. For example, I might have a vendor that only sells crafting gear, or maybe even just blacksmithing gear. It could include armor, weapons, jewelry, vessels, disciplines, specialty seals. Or maybe I have a vendor that has healing focused gear. A static set of icons won't cover all the possibilities. I'd rather have a more flexible solution.

Like Jah said, why? People can craft in temples. What's the difference if they can craft in EKs? IMO, EKs should be able to get the same crafting buffs that keeps can have.  

The problem with free text, is now you have to deal with free text trolls typing in vulgar descriptions. It will be bad enough for players to have to deal with trolls marking stores with Armor Icons, and only being filled with carrots. 

21 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

trolls marking stores with Armor Icons, and only being filled with carrots. 

Econ trolls 😆   I would like to be able to see the name of who placed the vendor - then we could seek out our favorite crafters in a crowded marketplace, and avoid the "carrot dude".

tiPrpwh.png

3 hours ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

The problem with free text, is now you have to deal with free text trolls typing in vulgar descriptions. It will be bad enough for players to have to deal with trolls marking stores with Armor Icons, and only being filled with carrots. 

People can already do that when they add a description to their EK or a name to their parcels. If the vendor belongs to someone other than the monarch, then the monarch will be responsible for policing that. If the vendor owner is the monarch, then people will learn pretty quickly not to shop there.

1 hour ago, Arkade said:

People can already do that when they add a description to their EK or a name to their parcels. If the vendor belongs to someone other than the monarch, then the monarch will be responsible for policing that. If the vendor owner is the monarch, then people will learn pretty quickly not to shop there.

Yes, but those don't get placed in the GR general market for every noon to trip over the moment they enter the game. 

4 hours ago, miraluna said:

Econ trolls 😆   I would like to be able to see the name of who placed the vendor - then we could seek out our favorite crafters in a crowded marketplace, and avoid the "carrot dude".

That would be a good model.  So and So's vendor with an Icon. Could be changed to Guild/Icon as well. 

Let the icon be whatever any inventory icon can be. People then get to know the names of the actual shop owners, and will seek out the best/favorites. 

That I think would work quite well. 

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

7 hours ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Yes, but those don't get placed in the GR general market for every noon to trip over the moment they enter the game. 

Didn't they say that the vendors were going to be removed from the temples?

14 hours ago, Arkade said:

Yeah that's true I forgot about that. They could remove from temples and add crafting tables in the open world and make them pvp free, like they had in new world.

2 hours ago, Arkade said:

Didn't they say that the vendors were going to be removed from the temples?

They did. But they need to change EKs onlining system first, I guess...