Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looting makes the game less enjoyable.

I came back with this new patch and so far loving a lot of new changes.  Getting rid of the survival tray was brilliant idea.  However the looting system is still same.  It feel very clunky in a action fps oriented game to stop, click so many times to loot from each mobs.  I understand the looting system is designed to discourage 'bots' but it ruining the game for me.  Please consider adding shift + loot = "auto loot everything" to  reduce number of mouse clicks. 

Edited by Forecore
Just now, Forecore said:

click so many times to loot from each mobs

Agree on the PvE looting - it gets tedious, it's been suggested that maybe loot could pop out from mobs like it does from harvestable nodes (something like Diablo). This is my favorite solution to the issue.

PvP looting should stay click from corpse though because it's more of a risk v reward thing.

tiPrpwh.png

I personally think the looting system is good as it is, although it is way too cumbersome to try and "aim" your cursor to get the loot option to pop up. This aspect of looting is way too finicky and absolutely needs to be worked out.

I think the idea behind the system is because there will be full looting in the dregs campaigns and a "loot all" button or gear popping up would make it way too easy for one person to take all the loot. I feel like this style of looting worked really well in albion online and I like that it's here too.

2 hours ago, Forecore said:

I am talking about PvE loot only. Not PvP. 

In PVE you can sneak loot too. So you have to click each item.

Tyrant: you were too tough, they gave up. (10/15/2020)

1 hour ago, SAM_BUKA said:

In PVE you can sneak loot too. So you have to click each item.

Forcing players to click doesn't solve any problem.  Essentially those with bad intention and tech savvy will just write a mouse script and will auto loot one way or the other. Regular players will be in a disadvantage. Ninja looting, griefing in MMO has been solved by many previous game.  I am grateful Crowfall brings many innovation to the genere but not learning from previous MMO is not wise either.  

Edited by Forecore
15 minutes ago, Forecore said:

not learning from previous MMO is not wise either.  

I will agree with you on that. Right now though, game performance should be the top priority.

Tyrant: you were too tough, they gave up. (10/15/2020)

1 hour ago, SAM_BUKA said:

I will agree with you on that. Right now though, game performance should be the top priority.

Priority or not is different topic. Would apricate if topic at hand are discussed and not derailed.  

On 6/7/2020 at 5:56 PM, miraluna said:

PvP looting should stay click from corpse though because it's more of a risk v reward thing.

Except when you have players that have built macros to do it for them.

Since you can code your way out of the problem, that is not really a good way to add risk/reward. 

There are other very good reasons to not have players go full loot pinata when killed.  But risk/reward doesn't seem like a good one. 

One way to do the pinata doober thing for players, and not base risk/reward on coding skill's/knowledge, would be to have it require decapitation.  So PvE deaths, and casual dual/test fighting would not result in a frequent doober spray.  There is already a doober mechanic in place at that point, because a head goes flying.

That would be to the way to do a doober spray model for PvP. 

There are certainly elements of gameplay in CF that take multiple steps, not because of technical limitations, but because the gameplay is intended to function as such.

For example, crafting a sword could merely be a button that you click that says "Click to craft a sword" and then voila you have a sword. But for reasons, it is a multistep process.

Looting when PvE elements are contested and driving PvP interactions is no longer an inconsequential element of the game.

People are fighting over the loot, from other players and from the PvE mobs. Making it so you can simply, easily, quickly press a button and get all of the loot eliminates components of the potential PvP and player competition. 

It's very similar to Albion Online in this area.

If this was just a PvE game, essentially like WoW, I would agree completely with the OP.

On 6/7/2020 at 7:53 PM, Forecore said:

I came back with this new patch and so far loving a lot of new changes.  Getting rid of the survival tray was brilliant idea.  However the looting system is still same.  It feel very clunky in a action fps oriented game to stop, click so many times to loot from each mobs.  I understand the looting system is designed to discourage 'bots' but it ruining the game for me.  Please consider adding shift + loot = "auto loot everything" to  reduce number of mouse clicks. 

Makes it more enjoyable for me when someone is right clicking loot into their inventory while I attack them to kill and loot

5 hours ago, DocHollidaze said:

People are fighting over the loot, from other players and from the PvE mobs. Making it so you can simply, easily, quickly press a button and get all of the loot eliminates components of the potential PvP and player competition. 

Full loot is a more organic solution.   If that is too hardcore for CF audience, then anything looted at the time of death - 15 min remains lootable by opponent. 

How about Gold and Dust being doobers and everything else being click click click?

Overall inventory management and looting needs some good QOL improvements.

Selecting a target and looting should be quick and easy, regardless if it is auto loot or not.

6 hours ago, Forecore said:

Full loot is a more organic solution.   If that is too hardcore for CF audience, then anything looted at the time of death - 15 min remains lootable by opponent. 

Having to manually click to loot is more hardcore than clicking one button to instant loot everything.

Just keep it manual and improve the interface interaction of it all.  It is finding the three pixels on the body to open the damn loot window in the first place that is annoying.  There are certain "convenience" aspects we've taken for granted in far too many games that are intentionally not in CF to ensure for a certain kind of gameplay.  The removal of ninja looting on GR is all we needed in that respect.

What they COULD maybe do is have a type of area looting, just for PvE, that consolidates each nearby mob (say within 10 meters of the one clicked on) into a single loot window, that would be a nice QoL improvement, but anything more than that seriously risks negatively affecting the game's intended design of risk VS reward.  If you're in a potential ninja looter situation, either get good at clicking fast or guild up with people who are, and be able to kill the bastards doing it to take your loot back if on a CW.  And if you ARE the ninja looter, you better be quick to click and escape.

The last thing I want to see is this game make incremental QoL changes that are not in by design and suddenly we're paying $4.99 a pop for loot pets and we turn into BDO or something.

Looting is fine as it is. It's not supposed to be easy to give time spent (risk vs reward) in pvp. Also makes it a bit harder for bots. 
Changing the loot system would be one of the worst area to focus development power - now and at any time in the future!

Gen. Prom
Guild Leader of KDS
Recruitment Post - Guild Recruiting and Management - #warstory
Visit us at www.kdsguild.ro