Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ConstantineX

Player Driven Content

While I really don't like being relegated to playing in infected, I would like to applaud the community that has worked together to make good fights happen in infected day in and day out. Seriously amazing to see us working together.   Even though I am finding some amazing fights, It still is growing somewhat stale, and this situation is dependent on the community working to make it happen.  I basically run the same triangle, between the same three objectives, every day.  One problem is the gear I am fighting over is not worth the constant durability loss.  This is not necessarily a problem because a lot of us see it as the ante to play. However newer players and smaller guilds struggle to compete for these resources.  If certain guilds wanted to assert dominance on the area and "play to crush"  I do believe it would bring an end to the fun that is being had by players in infected right now.    

If I log on by myself or with a small group and run into a much larger group I cannot begin to compete with for the areas resources I am left in a bad place as to what to do.  I could go to on of the other 4 zones in infected, but there really isn't anything else for PVP players to compete for (Satyr camps are kind of a joke).    Infected is where we want new players playing to learn the game.   For this game mode,  I recommend structuring the zones more linearly, or rather as a triangle.  Each step down the rung has higher density mobs/valuable mobs(elites,captains,chiefs).  The end tier is say Brieltas that is plentiful in higher rank mobs, the two zones that lead to Brieltas for example might have 2 camps instead of 3 like Brieltas, but no chiefs. then the next tier down can have 1 camp and no captain .  This plays into the higher risk, higher reward model and I can find a place to farm for gear regardless of my group size.  I like that it is relatively easy to find players in Brieltas, but it feels less like open world PvP and more like an arena brawl.  

I have been sitting with the question lately of what a player is to do in this game in downtime.  I think back to my time playing WoW and all the frivolous $%&^  in that game I wasted my time doing because I was really just hanging out with friends in Comms and it was something to do, anything really.  Content is king as they say.  So what does more content look like in Crowfall?  It is not simply endlessly fighting.  This burns people out, especially the people who are not winning.  However our game is all about fighting, so can we do other things to promote this part of our game in a "fun" "silly" way?   Taking ourselves too seriously in a game is an issue in it's own right.   

One fun Idea I have is a bulletin board in the temple where you can post bounties for the skulls of your enemies( honestly I would probably place more bounties on my friends than enemies😀). Maybe track how many bounties a player has on them, or the gold players have put forth for that players head (a title of honor in it's own right) another gold sink never hurts either and you can "tax" these bounties.  

If a player goes on a kill streak, make them  glow or obvious in some way to distinguish them, then track the number of times you end kill streaks.   I can farm some players 2v1 for days, but this stat can signal how many big bads you brought down.  Offering incentive to punch up, not down that does not really matter other than to your pride could lead to interesting dynamics, oh you have 100 kills but 0 kill streak kills? You might just be a bully.  Half your kills are kill streak kills? will you please be on my team H.O.G.!! (hunter of gunmen, counter sniper military term)

I would love to hear more ideas in this vein, We can manipulate resources to funnel activity, and I have touched on that.  However I am really interested in things that are not as impactful to the winning of the game, and more so to having a good time.   

The issues with infected itself to me are not important as it is not the game-mode I want to play, but I do want other players to play with and so I treat this area of the game very seriously.  Get players out of god's reach, and make infected more engaging so that I might see them in Dergs one day! 

-The Legion shall forever be reborn

qliewl5.png

5 minutes ago, ConstantineX said:

One fun Idea I have is a bulletin board in the temple where you can post bounties for the skulls of your enemies( honestly I would probably place more bounties on my friends than enemies😀). Maybe track how many bounties a player has on them, or the gold players have put forth for that players head (a title of honor in it's own right) another gold sink never hurts either and you can "tax" these bounties.  

I really like many of your ideas but i don't think they will deviate resources from development to make infected a more fun experience.

Once the main pvp campaigns are out infected will be a barren land i think but i could be wrong.

I like the bounty concept i would really love for it to be included in the main game but this wont happen any time soon:(

Yeah, bounty idea sound good.

At the same time, the devs are fully concentrated on rolling out the Dregs campaign right now. They left Infected on just for players to have a platform to test the game and to prepare for the upcoming campaign: test and learn crafting, gather SOME valuable resources (not all of them of course), test fighting and stuff. They will get back to improving Infected not earlier than in a few months (September or October). Right now the main focus is Dregs campaign and Performance. We see a lot of activity (and a lot of improvements) from ACE towards these 2 most crucial goals.

At the same time, the good sign is that even now players are able to create content by themselves. Fights are pretty fun. You can easily try different builds and different classes. Leveling up is easy, thus, not painful at all (my personal record is 40 minutes to level up a white vessel from 1 to 30). So, its going Okay even right now. I can only imagine how many good content and good fights will be when the Dregs will be re-introduced to the LIVE server this time!

I have never claimed any leadership positions in DIS. I express my own thoughts and opinions.

I agree with what you both said,however they are looking very seriously at the New player experience right now and I think that newbie Island>infected>dregs model of player progression is important.   So with them working to get the NPE flow of things down before beta comes out it is important for us to share thoughts/concerns with infected because it has always been a poorly made dregs placeholder game mode.  If it is going to be most players real "first taste" of the game it should be considered.  We all look past a-lot of garbage because we can see the light at the end and love this game, I want new players to feel the same way and get enough of that in infected to want more.

qliewl5.png

Posted (edited)

@srathor used to put bounties on vendors in his EK back in the day. We could totally do that in infected. This circumvents devs and we create the content while they work on finishing the game.

Edited by Nueby
Tagging him so he can show pics

How did he work it in?  I would be down for this.  Can we do it right now since you only get skulls in a "buggy" scenario?

qliewl5.png

The game needs content so freaking badly to initiate and supplement pvp and faction content. The combat still feels bad and zerg vs zerg needs harsh penalties still. Things like NPC caravans for your faction that improve that holding that can be pvped(Guild wars 2 did it decently....about the only thing they did well in that game). There should be a main war server where winning conquests affect the main server so people feel like they have progression. As is I hardly even log in the game and just log after killing boring mobs.

On 6/13/2020 at 5:33 PM, IsilithTehroth said:

The game needs content so freaking badly to initiate and supplement pvp and faction content. The combat still feels bad and zerg vs zerg needs harsh penalties still. Things like NPC caravans for your faction that improve that holding that can be pvped(Guild wars 2 did it decently....about the only thing they did well in that game). There should be a main war server where winning conquests affect the main server so people feel like they have progression. As is I hardly even log in the game and just log after killing boring mobs.

Try to join one of the few active guilds and they will help you find some pvp so you don't feel bored all the time.

Agreed that the game still needs tones of work to even call it a beta.