Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
damsfoe

Assassin with bows

Hi, I was just wondering why cant assassin equip bows while still being in stealth? I though about doing hit and run tactics from range before i would have to get up close for the kill. But the fact i cant even hold the bow while being in stealth is confusing to me.

Just now, Arkade said:

How much of an advantage do you want? 

What do u mean advantage? is that not what assassins do? attack from stealth? Its not like you get rangers skills or anything. Just what some elemental arrows (cause of the arcane rune major) and a rapid shot.

Just pop out of stealth, switch to ranged try and attack with bow. Takes 1 second to do so.

You will not get Rapid Shot though, that is specifically a Ranger ability.

On 6/17/2020 at 2:02 AM, moneda said:

The last thing this game needs is to remove any more avenues of character customization. 🤨 

Having a knight who can cast spells use bows have stealth and can heal can all be considered options.

That doesn't mean this is a good design decision.

Classes should be distinct.

I have no idea what that fabricated Knight example has to do with anything but currently an Assassin with a bow is the only class+weapon combination that can poison multiple targets at once from range, which seems pretty distinct.

Hi, I'm moneda.

1 hour ago, moneda said:

I have no idea what that fabricated Knight example has to do with anything but currently an Assassin with a bow is the only class+weapon combination that can poison multiple targets at once from range, which seems pretty distinct.

You made a general comment about what this game need.

I gave you a general reply of what that game does not need imho.

We can disagree its ok :)

What do you guys think if they remade Vandal into a ranged Promo? giving some extra buffs to bows for assassins, and maybe a ranged ability to use pips on? I've never been the biggest fan of a Bowsin, BUT this could possibly give us a 3rd promo to use (i dont ever know if Vandal has been even decent..at least i cant remember any time), Possibly make bowsin FUN, and it would give assassins a chance to be useful, since its a heavy range meta (and while this may change, its always nice to have a range option).

Xeilias - Through Strength of Arms, We Bring Peace

1 hour ago, Tigari said:

What do you guys think if they remade Vandal into a ranged Promo? giving some extra buffs to bows for assassins, and maybe a ranged ability to use pips on? I've never been the biggest fan of a Bowsin, BUT this could possibly give us a 3rd promo to use (i dont ever know if Vandal has been even decent..at least i cant remember any time), Possibly make bowsin FUN, and it would give assassins a chance to be useful, since its a heavy range meta (and while this may change, its always nice to have a range option).

I'd like that option for sure. I've been trying to make a ranged poisoner assassin work but it kind of doesn't. Seems like all the power of bows is limited to 1 class - ranger. The AA/SS disciplines don't grant enough skills to really make bows viable on other classes.

An alternative option I'd like is if more skills could be slotted on multiple bars. Eg: Disengage. That'd be perfect on the ranged bar, but it doesn't work.

On 6/18/2020 at 5:20 AM, TheMadEmperor said:

Classes should be distinct.

This game is about creativity and customization- not cookie cutter classes.

The more multi classing the better!

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

5 minutes ago, PaleOne said:

Hey, that's fine! In that case, could we get Sharpshooter and Arcane Archer improved to allow better bow gameplay for non-ranger classes or allow more class skills on the ranged tray?

1 minute ago, nihilsupernum said:

Hey, that's fine! In that case, could we get Sharpshooter and Arcane Archer improved to allow better bow gameplay for non-ranger classes or allow more class skills on the ranged tray?

or of course you could play Brigand with Poisoner!

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

Ive tried Brigand a few times hoping it would sate my Assassin wants.. but it doesn't. Doesnt have the same feel. I like the high mobility of the assassin, and the pips. I also would prefer Melee assassins for Bowsins.

Xeilias - Through Strength of Arms, We Bring Peace

14 hours ago, PaleOne said:

Ok then "Distinct" multi classing

I would maybe be ok with BowSin concept, under one condition range capped to 40 meters, around that to keep it fair to all the other range classes.