Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Archiebunker82

Camelot Unchained Vs. Crowfall

So got a little money left over after paying the bills this month and looking to get into a new game ( Arche age failed me, so is Albion ) I'm looking at the two games listed above was just kinda wondering what everyone feel is on the two? I'm sure everyone is bias being its a crowfall forum but i'm bored at home and just thought it might spark some chatter. 

Dark Age of Camelot influence is pretty good too.

Shadowbane was the better PvP game (and had the better class system). DAoC had the much more stable platform though. 

If basing the two successors off of their prequels, I would pick Crowbane (CF), as long as both are stable. Which, I'm assuming CF will be. *crosses fingers*

Rhend - SB - Hy'shen/Avari || Rhend - AA - LotD || Dynereir - SB - House Lok-ri || Magius/Amok - AC - Too many to list

Fugger has a point.

DAOC is all about realm conflict - which is great, but it is still "shirts and skins". Your team is everyone with a shirt on - regardless of if you like them or their skill level.

SB is all about player faction, and how those factions interact over time. Your faction is folks you come to trust, and if you don't like the color of the shirt you are collectively wearing - change it.

RvR is always fun and in Daoc atleast there 3 was factions so ... you had options limited but options siege able castles 24/7 was always nice with roaming ganks.  I never played Shadowbane.  

The campaigns here sound interesting.. but didnt skyrim just do this and flop bad?

RvR is always fun and in Daoc atleast there 3 was factions so ... you had options limited but options siege able castles 24/7 was always nice with roaming ganks.  I never played Shadowbane.  

The campaigns here sound interesting.. but didnt skyrim just do this and flop bad?

Imagine RvR - but you actually built everything your realm owns, you designed it, you spent the coin to staff it, and your guild lives there 24/7... And the other 50 realms in-world want to take it from you.

Skyrim? Do you mean TESO? If so, TESO was RvR almost identical to DAOC. Everything was pre-made and you just fought over castles like flags.

Boring as hell.

i did mean TESO, when i said skyrim ... felt like i was playing skyrim i mean caped level in 3 days solo :( bored as hell grinding pointless mobs... And yes it was RvR but i mean the campaigns isn't it pretty much the same concept they are using here?

i did mean TESO, when i said skyrim ... felt like i was playing skyrim i mean caped level in 3 days solo :( bored as hell grinding pointless mobs... And yes it was RvR but i mean the campaigns isn't it pretty much the same concept they are using here?

Similar in that TESO resets the map on occasion, different in that CF has an infinite number of maps.

I have totally skipped DAOC because level grinding was so painful after UO, I think I have leveled my large Midgard stone dude to 25 or so and quit. Also faction warfare just wasn't comparable to the FFA in Ultima Online. So I don't even bother with Camelot atm.

Edited by rajah