Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Camelot Unchained Vs. Crowfall

I really hope some people stop treating MMOs like a religion. There can be a multitude of them and as long they have enough players and the world(s) stay(s) vibrant there is no need of bashing one or another.

I detect the stench of heresy. Brother Confessor - you may proceed...

:)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here has been my rule of thumb:   Can I log in, be bored, and decide to kill my AFK guildmates? If yes -- this is a pvp game. If not, it's a compromise I'm not interested in.

Camelot Unchained:   Pros: Large Permanent near-seamlesss worlds. Open world pvp from the get-go. Practically no pve (outside of killing mobs for hides and stuff). Sieges. Housing / build your

I believe both titles can survive in the todays market of MMOs. They're not mutually exclusive and both titles have, at least in my opinion, their respective contributions to an otherwise pretty stagn

If your immaturity is the indication of how most "ffa pvp" people are, i now see why we've had NO  good ffa pvp games released in the last 15 years. Thanks!

What's immature about despising something you find horrid and objectionable? I don't like the things you like, so I must be deficient! No right-thinking person would ever have aa set of preferences which differs from what you enjoy!

Oh, lol, and if the numbers of immature players in an MMO are directly related to its success or failure, then World of Warcraft, and all its various clones, should have tanked horribly.

Edited by soulein

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

Why not both?

The winner of more PVP MMOs is the genre from devs to players and both of these games are different enough to enjoy each one for entirely different reasons. 

I have supported both project.  Although, I doubled my support for Crowfall in comparison to what I spent on CU. 

Shadowbane was the better PvP game (and had the better class system). DAoC had the much more stable platform though. 

If basing the two successors off of their prequels, I would pick Crowbane (CF), as long as both are stable. Which, I'm assuming CF will be. *crosses fingers*

Agreed. 

Also, the marketing couldn't be more well suited.  Game of Thrones is at massive levels of hype.  There are girls on my campus wearing cammo-jackets and Uggs that are talking 'round-the-water-cooler about it ffs.

The Kickstarter presentation is really good.  I've backed more things than I care to admit on Kickstarter, and the level of polish is real.  Kudos to whoever is doing it.

The market hasn't seen a game with these concepts since Shadowbane.

This is it.  This is the shot.  I'm a poor college student that is also all-in on this epic vision.  If a game such as this cannot succeed under these conditions, I will be convinced it simply cannot succeed.

Edited by mourne

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

The long and the short of it is this. Both companies will directly compete against one another for guilds such as my own and many others. This competition can only mean good things for us consumers as it means they will push that little bit extra to ensure their product is in a better place.

Previously MMOs would leave large amounts of time between launches but with the demographics being very similar in terms of both games it will be interesting t watch this play out.

VoTF

The long and the short of it is this. Both companies will directly compete against one another for guilds such as my own and many others. This competition can only mean good things for us consumers as it means they will push that little bit extra to ensure their product is in a better place.

Great post!

Previously MMOs would leave large amounts of time between launches but with the demographics being very similar in terms of both games it will be interesting t watch this play out.

I think there are enough differences. After the full CF reveals, I see them more as different games with some overlap.

But at least a common sense of innovation, return to roots and player focus (hopefully :P  ! )

I think there are enough differences. After the full CF reveals, I see them more as different games with some overlap.

But at least a common sense of innovation, return to roots and player focus (hopefully :P ! )

Look at the guild forum and then look at the CU forums and some of the fan sites, you will see a huge amount of crossover right there, the type of players that both companies will try to net are all but the same. I would love the PvP community to have the deapth and breadth of what many people feel but you generally find that the PvP community will move in tandum to a game it feels is worth it, and the sub groups within generally tend not to deviate from the also.

One great thing about the MMO PvP community is that word of mouth is like wildfire and both companies, having some vets in their dev teams, will understand this :-)

So hopefully this will allow for great, friendly competition between both companies.

Edited by Aneu

VoTF

I detect the stench of heresy. Brother Confessor - you may proceed...

:)

Funny enough pretty much the same answer was posted in the CU forums as I wrote a similiar post... ^^ Yeah, I said it... I am supporting both games and I hope both will be good! ;)

"Kansas City Shuffle - When everybody looks right, you go left."

Funny enough pretty much the same answer was posted in the CU forums as I wrote a similiar post... ^^ Yeah, I said it... I am supporting both games and I hope both will be good! ;)

Supporting both as well.   Hope everything works out for both teams, at least they are trying to create something different.

I am sure both CU and CF communities are mature enough to burn you in turn! :P

I think most people will support both but there will be a 'winner' at some point and I cant wait to see all of it unfold... less willing to witness the plethora of 'im a cu fan cf sucks' or 'im a cf fan cu sucks!' that will undoubtedly rear its ugly head.

Edited by Aneu

VoTF

I am sure both CU and CF communities are mature enough to burn you in turn! :P

That's cool... As I said, I backed both and I am happy with both concepts (otherwise I wouldn't have done that). So I like both games to succeed.

That's cool... As I said, I backed both and I am happy with both concepts (otherwise I wouldn't have done that). So I like both games to succeed.

I was obviously (I hope) joking :)

I do hope CF succeeds too. And since it's B2P I may dive in from time to time.

But if both launch at the same time, unless you split your time down the middle, meaning you wont be able to play at a level that someone who dedicates themselves so a single game will be, there will be a 'winner' of sorts for you - and everyone - and this in itself drives innovation and quality or products.

VoTF

But if both launch at the same time, unless you split your time down the middle, meaning you wont be able to play at a level that someone who dedicates themselves so a single game will be, there will be a 'winner' of sorts for you - and everyone - and this in itself drives innovation and quality or products.

Well... I play a lot of MMOs and while I usually end up playing only one at a time that's mainly because there is always only one around that I like. If both games are good then I'll play both. If one isn't that good then there might be a winner even for me. Both is cool, I backed the projects because I like the visions of the developers and I want both of them to become reality not to sell my soul to one or the other.

I was obviously (I hope) joking :)

I do hope CF succeeds too. And since it's B2P I may dive in from time to time.

Haha, I know that but thanks for pointing that out! ^^

I backed both CF and CU.  I will play both.  The way I see CF for me is a game I can pick up and play for a week or so at a time with its seasons. CU will be my permanent home.

One reason: Action Combat. Let's face it: PvP is TERRIBLE in tab-target games. It's all spamming CC and working around cooldowns (WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR HIM TO BUBBLE, GUYS!) Camelot Unchained looks cool, yes, but I don't know yet if it will "do it for me." With Crowfall, I already have a very good idea that it will.

Edited by endrak

What's immature about despising something you find horrid and objectionable? I don't like the things you like, so I must be deficient! No right-thinking person would ever have aa set of preferences which differs from what you enjoy!

Oh, lol, and if the numbers of immature players in an MMO are directly related to its success or failure, then World of Warcraft, and all its various clones, should have tanked horribly.

And what exactly do i enjoy? You know nothing about me. I am not going to toot my own horn on my past merits, epeen is meaningless , I prefer FFA pvp, i don't prefer action combat, and i don't prefer worlds that reset. Will i check it out? Yep, will i check out camelot unchained? I already am.

One reason: Action Combat. Let's face it: PvP is TERRIBLE in tab-target games. It's all spamming CC and working around cooldowns (WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR HIM TO BUBBLE, GUYS!) Camelot Unchained looks cool, yes, but I don't know yet if it will "do it for me." With Crowfall, I already have a very good idea that it will.

Not neccessarily. I utterly hated the PvP combat in Wildstar and Guild Wars 2 while I really liked it in Guild Wars 1 and Rift for example (I haven't played DAoC though). When you are saying that tab-target games always center around waiting for cooldowns to be over, one could argue that action combat is all about spamming your best abilities over and over again. I kinda like the ESO combat for example but it suffers from that exact problem in my opinion. It's always about how well a certain system is implemented there is not "one right way" to do it.