Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Archiebunker82

Camelot Unchained Vs. Crowfall

One reason: Action Combat. Let's face it: PvP is TERRIBLE in tab-target games. It's all spamming CC and working around cooldowns (WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR HIM TO BUBBLE, GUYS!) Camelot Unchained looks cool, yes, but I don't know yet if it will "do it for me." With Crowfall, I already have a very good idea that it will.

So why not just play a FPS?

One reason: Action Combat. Let's face it: PvP is TERRIBLE in tab-target games. It's all spamming CC and working around cooldowns (WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR HIM TO BUBBLE, GUYS!) Camelot Unchained looks cool, yes, but I don't know yet if it will "do it for me." With Crowfall, I already have a very good idea that it will.

We'll see, I just hope CF doesn't devolve into a zergy mess without much CC. In DAoC, a well formed 8 man group could take down a 50+ man zerg.  I don't see that happening in CF. I have no doubt that CF will be fun though, which is why I upped my pledge to Amber.  Just hope something can be done about zerging.

CU has tab targeting, but it also has Physx on the backend. That will change the game up quite a bit.

Edited by zubei

FPS dont have the scope of what an MMO can offer in terms of pure mechanics, combos, fields, aoes, pbaoes, soft cc, hard cc, and a plethora of others I am surely missing.

VoTF

So why not just play a FPS?

Really? Really?

EDIT: Okay, I'm going to give you a better response than that. If you can show me an MMOFPS in a large open world with fully destructible environments, player-built fortifications, lots of character customization options, widely varies types of PvP (with meaningful differences in the rules), and a unique flair that's more than YOU! ENEMIES! GUN! KILL STUFF! or POWER ARMOR! MECH SUITS! ROBOTS!, then I will play it.

We'll see, I just hope CF doesn't devolve into a zergy mess without much CC. In DAoC, a well formed 8 man group could take down a 50+ man zerg.  I don't see that happening in CF. I have no doubt that CF will be fun though, which is why I upped my pledge to Amber.  Just hope something can be done about zerging.

I don't want a complete lack of CC. I just don't want something like WoW where you have some sort of CC on you at every single moment.

Edited by endrak

I don't really see the point of negativity on tab targeting. If you're fighting a group or a gang of people and tab targeting is the reason you lost, you already lost when you rolled out of the boarderkeep. Everyone knows assisting and team work is who wins in close # fights. Unless you just like to zerg, and even then. What do you care? You're zerging, it's meaningless.

I like how tab targeting makes me feel locked in against one other player. OTOH sometimes I just like to hack and slash. I'd say I generally prefer tab.

I role play a wordsmith.

I don't really see the point of negativity on tab targeting. If you're fighting a group or a gang of people and tab targeting is the reason you lost, you already lost when you rolled out of the boarderkeep. Everyone knows assisting and team work is who wins in close # fights. Unless you just like to zerg, and even then. What do you care? You're zerging, it's meaningless.

I don't see how "I hate tab-targeting" came across as "I'm bad at tab-targeting", but okay.

The reason I don't like tab targeting is because of the mechanics and meta-gaming associated with it. Here are some examples:

--People in PvP can seriously affect your ability to fight back by jumping around behind you, knowing your attacks will be cancelled if they're even a tiny bit out of the way. In PvE, you're hardly ever mobile unless the mechanics of the fight require you to be.

--Because missing attacks, dodging attacks, blocking attacks etc. are calculated on a percentage, both PvE and PvP combat devolve into the usage of using particular abilities inside a certain time frame.

--Your attention is focused everywhere except the battle, which is why so many people have a hard time staying out of the fire.

--It promotes horrendous overuse of certain types of CC, because the only way to make absolutely sure you can't attack or heal someone is if you can't move or use your abilities.

Berinima, I can't quote you for some reason. I had a dial-up connection when I played Guild Wars 1, so I could only do very limited PvE. I've never played Rift. I'm not against the idea of cooldowns themselves, I just don't like that using one ability at the wrong time is so bad. In high-end WoW PvP, players will literally give up if they do tiny things wrong in their rotation.

Wildstar PvP... I agree with you. That was terrible.

Edited by endrak

I don't see it as a competition. They are very different but sort of scratch the same itch. For me, this is an itch has been neglected for far too long and it needs lots of scratching. The more games like these, the better. I plan to buy both of these games on release.

That is incorrect. They are using Unity5 and not Unreal Engine 4.

they ninja edited their FAQ.. But nobody saw it, not sure what it said originally whether unreal or not, but they edited it from yesterday. The problem with not building your own engine, means  you're limited to the engine's pre designed scopes. With Camelot unchained, they built theirs for 1 thing,and that's to have the best FPS possible for large scale sieges without rubber banding,crashes etc..  The early video available on the website show just how many models CU can put on the screen in PRE alpha without much of a hiccup.   CU is not about zerging, it's actually going to be a mix. Mark has said recently that he has every intention on "zerging" NOT BEING the best progression or way to win at RVR in Camelot Unchained.

Edited by willwill