Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LordofCake

5.115 LIVE Feedback for 6/22/20

5.115 LIVE Patch Notes and Known Issues

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to LIVE Bug Reports

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

Posted (edited)

First: How about not closing the TEST server bug-report/feedback thread until a while after the TEST server gets a new version or it got closed (or a new bug-report/feedback thread has been opened)? Just a suggestion.

This is feedback for the 6/19 TEST version 5.115 .

NPE Quests & Campaign Cards

Both systems are very well done for a first version. Meaning, they are showing well what could be possible with those system and where the road is leading ... but they still have basic flaws and need intense work to reach the necessary end of the road.

What I noticed most is that the provided informations/wordings in quests and cards are sometimes unclear or misleading or simply wrong. Also the distribution of scorepoints is not as comprehensible as it needs to be.

Since there are too many of those issues, I believe that both systems needs an overall revision, and I will only point out some examples.

Campaign Cards

First: A possible general solution for the following could be to make the current progression of scorepoints (or their objectives) visible to the players - so they can see wether what they did worked or not. And to split the score result in the scoreboard according to the seperate cards instead of showing the sum total per pillar. In that case the following two points would mostly be obsolete.

Wordings in Campaign Cards
need (always) to be absolutely(!) precise - and sometimes it is not. It should also provide additional informations, where otherwise player may misunderstand the meaning.

Examples:

LNFcKmh.jpgFuJI4WM.jpg

Card 1: What is an enemy god? And which god braziers are really legit?
Since guilds choose a patron god, one could say that any other god is an enemy god in the throne war. This may be different in faction based campaigns, but Dregs are guild campaigns. And "any" brazier clearly implies those in the temples. Turns out "enemy gods" are "gods of another faction" and "any brazier" is "any outpost brazier". So any sacrifices enemy gods of the same faction or in temples didnt provide any deed progression.

Card 2: Are Bog Bear teeth and Bog Bear canine teeth the same?
When looting Bog Bears, those creatures can drop a white quality "Bog Bear tooth". Now is that the wanted tooth or not? Sacrificing them to Zaleena outpost braziers didn't provide deed progression, so obviously they are not. Maybe the ancient Bog Bears drop canine teeth? Who knows. Anyways, either the card wording needs to be more precise (like "from Ancient Bog Bears") or the loot items per beast should be very unique, so they can't be mixed up in a simple players mind like mine.

Score Point Distribution

Is not always clear which results were finally achieved - and sometimes it just doesnt make sense.

Example: Snaptest 6/17, Fall, Power

For everybody who likes brain twisters: Which guild got which points for which card? (The number in the right Fall column (moon) is the sum of the points for both cards)

0yS5R9O.jpg

Scoreboard shortly after end of Fall (with no significant changes in between):

1bfj7uR.jpg

(You can research more informations by accessing the campaign details ingame (lobby -> campaigns -> completed -> dregs snaptest 6/17 -> map -> details)

Solution:

Spoiler

Expected distribution is 32 points: 5 guilds with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 points and 3 guilds with 3, 6, 8 points = 15 + 17 = 32 points.
Actual distribution was 40 points: 13 + 11 + 4 + 6 + 3 + 1 = 40.

So there are 8 score points surplus, which, first of all, tells us that ties are possible. The score points issued to SUN (1 for capture points), Caldera (2 for capture points) and CoR (13 for full score) are unique combinations.

nur5rB8.jpg
(Distribution -> Left number: Top Power - Capture Points -> Right number: Rune of Defiance - Outposts)

The Scoreboard reveals that CoR had most outposts at the end of fall, followed by KGV (6 score points, so it's 5+6), then GS (3 score points, so it's 3+3).

LoD members only achieved two captures in the whole campaign, and owns 2 keeps after Fall, they can't have captured any outpost, so their score has to be 4+0.

On the scoreboard Winterblades has capture points, but no stronghold/outposts at the end of fall. They also got no capture point score for fall. So obviously the capture point score is only issued for capture points gathered during the corresponding season.

CdAC got top3 for either most capture points earned or outposts captured. Since they have no outposts at the end of fall, it is the first.

Leaving us with this unevitable result:

RBA2qJD.jpg

Now please tell me: How are those ties possible? 🤡 We are talking about "Capture Points earned", with up to six-diget figures. It doesn't make sense, and it seems to be completely impossible.

Second, obviously the campaign card goals doesn't base on the "campaign result up to now" but on "results within the current season".
That makes this card incomprehensible. First because it is called a campaign card and not a season card and second because the players have no way to see how many capture points they or others scored within a season. So players would be right to expect it bases on "overall campaign results up to now" and not season results.

Due to that, for the player the Power Campaign Card card in it's current state is like gambling: you do something and hope you will get something - but you never know what and why.

The same, or similar issues, are true for other cards.

tl;dr: The cards wordings and their score point distribution really need to be checked on a basic level. People need to understand what they need to do to get what result, and to be able to check their progress while they do.

NPE Quests

Boring. Confusing. Wrong. Incomplete. Boring. Sorry. ;)

Well, OK, not that bad. ;) I actually like it. Or to be more precise: I like what it may become. Because - there are some quite basic flaws. That's OK for a first version. But too many though to mention them all, though. So i am back to examples.

A tutorial should be very clear and consistently leading the player from one step to the next, explaining the things the player otherwise may not understand. Thats partially done, but not completely, there are gaps.

For example, the compass is not explained, which should happen right at the beginning.
The initial quest from Guiseppe (you find him at the center of the temple) is good enough to solve it, but saying something "you can find him at the center of the temple. Look at the compass above you, he's right to the north of here." would make the new player both aware of the compass and the leading quest icon on it.
Already the second quest at the sentinel relies on seeing this quest icon, in order to find Brak Lionshield.

It get's worse with Brak "A pack of wolves is harassing these refugees looking for an easy meal... if you are looking for a fight, that's a good place to start." Uh ... what refugees, what wolves? Either explain the compass first - or at least say "outside the temples gates".

Also a quite competent trainer, not telling to open inventory [ i ] and equipping the given weapons first [rightclick or drag&drop] .... ~cough~

Next step, coming back from the wolves he says:

A7KNOhu.jpg

But

xpXh1rJ.jpg

There is no bandage where the tutorial shows them to be. If he would have explained to open inventory and equip weapons before fighting the wolves, the player may find them easily. Still then the player wouldnt know how to open the Spell Book where he can equip the Bandage like shown in the picture. He could say something like "I put them into your rucksack, if you want to access them faster, i would suggest you put them where you can reach them easily. [press k] " In such a case showing the picture he does would make sense and be helpful. Instead of confusing, like now.

I noticed that there are several quests, like this, in which the player gets something from the quest giver. But it's not comprehensible. Either the quest giver should tell the player that he put the stuff in the players inventory. Or, what I think would be much better: a loot window should open, so the player can take it (learns about loot windows this way and participates more actively in the story). Otherwise, if the new player doesn't see it ... it never happened!

Also often (nearly always) there is no explanation how to do things. How to attack or how to open a certain window for example. Upon request, Brak tells the player next to use personal crafting if the players looses the bandages. Uh ... what personal crafting? Where?

What if players forgot where they stopped? Nothing leads to the Quest log, it should be hinted where to find it right from the start.

Because if not, the player may be fooled by some veeeery misleading quest directions on the compass. Like this, when not using a bandage after talking to Brak.

feNaZ96.jpg

Which is kind of inconvinient, because the world ends in about 360 meters in this direction. So this should be fixed too anyways.

And that's only for the first three quest givers. It goes this way the whole bumpy road. Things not explained or wrong explained (there are not 11 gods, like one of the NPC's tell. D'Orion also died, by the hand of Kane - and the Allfather is missing, but surely dead, whyelse fight for the throne). In general NPC texts feel like being written very hastily. Which is of course OK for now. But the whole thing needs a thorough overhaul to be interesting, consistent and engaging.

Besides that, the environment for the new players looks awesome and i think the quest system really has the potential for a great NPE. Well done so far. :)

Edited by Kraahk

The beginning temple zone is quite barebones outside of the content attached to the new player experience.  Players interested in learning the crafting and harvesting systems won't have much to do here due to a lack of non-basic resources.

The fact that 2/3rds of vendor slots were removed when vendor slots were already incredibly hard to get and there is currently no other way to place a vendor is incredibly frustrating and super poorly thought out. I hope some kind of fix comes soon if you're trying to do any form of economy testing in the foreseeable future.

3 hours ago, Jah said:

I love the new Appearance Compendiums for weapons, but I think they should be drops from mobs. Scarcity would make them more exciting.

ZWtw21T.png

Also helps make pve a little more appealing to farm after maxing a character out

Veeshan Midst of UXA

If you're not going to make unlimited vendor slots, an AH, or make EKs a place we can actually use, you need to cut the crap[ on saying you want a player driven economy.  You cut 2/3 of the GR slots.  A SINGLE GUILD GOT MOST OF THE NEW ONES.  Of those left, 4 have NO ITEMS on them, one person has THREE slots, and another has FIVE.  This happens in the Infected temples, too.  I estimate there are only about 50 actual players with vendor spots.  You need to fix this immediately.

Some classes sound effects for heals (Especially Frostweavers) are insufferable.

The Yellow Orb for the Earthkeepers is bugged, and it visually stays, had my whole map full of them.

Harvesting animals needs the cross hairs refined.  In most cases the cross hairs show up off the animal and if you shift to move to the cross hairs you end up in combat mode.  

With how much easier Frostweaver ice is to place you guys probably need to tune it down some. It's pretty insane what you can do now with the pin-point ice spam.

11 hours ago, Jah said:

I love the new Appearance Compendiums for weapons, but I think they should be drops from mobs. Scarcity would make them more exciting.

ZWtw21T.png

No more grind, please.... Minor discs are more than enough... 😱

I have never claimed any leadership positions in DIS. I express my own thoughts and opinions.

A lot of 500+ SVR message returns spikes ... Net stable at around 100.. FPS stabel at 75+.. SVR bouncing up and down from 50ish to 450+

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

Posted (edited)

new ace placement mechanic is awesome, but I think you overtuned it... it is way too easy now.

I mean compared to archmage aoe or even frostguard dps potential in groups this makes very strong classes even stronger. fix melee and OP healers plz. not overtuning OP classes.

also I noticed what free weawing combo now faster by x1.5 or x2

Edited by makkon

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: rangefall

Discord makkon#8550