Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LordofCake

5.115 LIVE Feedback for 6/22/20

2 hours ago, makkon said:

new ace placement mechanic is awesome, but I think you overtuned it... it is way too easy now.

I mean compared to archmage aoe or even frostguard dps potential in groups this makes very strong classes even stronger. fix melee and OP healers plz. not overtuning OP classes.

also I noticed what free weawing combo now faster by x1.5 or x2

The cast time of free weaving was a real issue in large scale combat because you get always CC. The Ice targeting is way better but still needs some tweaking (targeting problems with the camera being low and close to your character).
Class/combat balance will come soon. Just be patient and stop complaining about OP classes. The game is still in development.

47 minutes ago, grekko said:

Class/combat balance will come soon. Just be patient and stop complaining about OP classes. The game is still in development.

I report a bug. defacto free weaving last stage combo has NO animation (instacast) which seems to be not as expected.

also it is not fun with those aoes around with lags. and yes, I care about online which is close to zero atm. if I won't test this game atm, I will not go here and type words

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: rangefall

Discord makkon#8550

durability on items are taking a massive hit now especially focus gems which seem to be taking 2x durability hits. In 2 hours i ripped through a focus gem to 76 and my armour before was in good shape (over halfway) but now all way under half, i had no deaths before someone says stop dying! Many mmo players wont find it fun if they have to keep farming for gear or resources to make gear in such a short period of time.

Ugh.. I'm really missing the assassin class from Shadowbane.. the assassin in crowfall just seems like... meh. It's a rogue from World of Warcraft but not as good. Barely any type of spells/mage type stuff like chilling shadows, blindness, poison blade (actual poison proc damage) etc. 

bummed. 

Posted (edited)

Played with the parcels in the eternal kingdom and I was pretty impressed with how it works. It's an interesting concept. It took awhile for the map to update itself but after awhile each parcel did show up on the map (this was just before the latest patch on 6/23)

A /stuck option would be nice if you happened to fall off the side of the parcel onto the base map but logging into someone else's EK and back into my own seemed to fix the issue. 

Edited by Ancev

• In-game menu windows (inventory, spell book, crafting, et cetera...) needs some polishing to easy the overwhelming feeling we get when some menu is recalled (all stay up and running at background)
  • Quests log should be highlighted on GUI to easy the burden of keep track, Log without hotckey makes even worse to navigate

Hope to see on coming NPE phases improvements as video tutorials in lobby/game client launcher, links to FAQs, so on...

Keep it coming ACE, cheers.

phLeCyZ.png?1

• Elken racial power HEAD BUTT: This power should knocking down at physical contact or push player target during his 20m animation, not doing nothing besides running during animation to perform only at end.

phLeCyZ.png?1

No Chiefs, no Kings, not even a single captain mob in Dregs. Where is "High risk, high reward" thing?

No green+ minor disciplines... green+ vessels are useless... white vessels we are unable to craft anymore. GG.

I have never claimed any leadership positions in DIS. I express my own thoughts and opinions.

I don't know if that's just my issue, but there way too few mobs in the level 19-25 and 25 30.  leveling from 20 to 30 is super boring because you can kill the few mobs there way faster than their respawn times. 

When using Stink Bomb or Caltrops from Agent Provocateur, you get animation locked (cannot move or attack) for a good 1-2 seconds after using the  ability. Makes both abilities useless. The target is out of caltrops or unstunned by the time I can do any actions, Really really hoping this is a bug (wasn't like this in previous versions)

Xeilias - Through Strength of Arms, We Bring Peace

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Soulreaver said:

__Food Meter__

Dropping extremely fast.. can't go 5 min without having to eat something

Yeah, I've also felt that way. It will become even worse in Fall and winter.

Edited by SAM_BUKA

I have never claimed any leadership positions in DIS. I express my own thoughts and opinions.

Needless to say, that I know 0 people who likes the victory card which asks you to kill Hellcats and sacrifice their paws. Everyone I know just thinks that it is a stupid activity. Collect and sacrifice flowers, grind Hell Kitties for their paws... cats don't even drop anything good, there is no Elder cats too.

What I enjoyed about the new build (as a KS backer and who has jumped in periodically over the course of development):

• graphical fidelity has improved
  • the UI enhancements are much welcomed
  • more optimization options for display (specifically culling)
  • a better on-ramp to understand basic game mechanics
  • updated NPC models (namely wolves)

What I think can be improved:

• performance had a huge drop since the last major build; before, I could reliably maintain about 50 FPS whereas in the new zone, I could hardly keep 15
  • UI windows are still persistent when I think by default they should close
  • during the early questing phase, there are a few NPCs whom you must speak to yet only tell you to go talk to someone else; these superfluous steps should be removed
  • it feels odd doing 50 - 70 damage per swing as a level 1 character (note: this is entirely subjective. my background is dnd/early mmos like EQ1/UO)
  • when fighting mobs, i see their health bar in three separate places (cursor, above their model, and at the top of the ui); i only need to see it once
  • you start with a weapon in your inventory instead of it being equipped; when I was told to kill wolves, it wasn't obvious that i already owned a weapon
  • the 'alt-p' shortcut for portal is odd as a default key-bind; my suggestion is to make it something more usable with only the left hand
  • may I suggest that certain windows of the ui are hidden until particular points in the tutorial? there is a ton of helpful information yet it isn't obvious, by looking at them, what they do and why they're important
  • when I was given bandages, the ui showed them being usable in an alt slot, set I don't recall it showing me how to add them to that slot so I simply used it in my inventory; this felt like I was doing something wrong because I couldn't easily add it to a quick slot

Looking forward to future updates! :)

8 hours ago, SAM_BUKA said:

No Chiefs, no Kings, not even a single captain mob in Dregs. Where is "High risk, high reward" thing?

No green+ minor disciplines... green+ vessels are useless... white vessels we are unable to craft anymore. GG.

So whats is the point of this campaign when there is no incentive at all to log in outside of a 1 hour siege window every other day. No green or better minor droppers removes flash points and all vessel progression should you even bother to craft a green vessel. Also without Kings/Chiefs there is also no Sentinels or Statues as they drop the heads.

So we are left with 1 hour windows of pvp, and fighting over Caravans to build up Forts/Keeps to craft in.

Posted (edited)

Well, I just logged to play after more than a month to check this new update. And I'm sorry, but this is a mess. I don't understand what the devs are doing anymore. Old Live used to be smooth. Old Test not so much. But this current version is worse than both. Like I was saying in game, why not fix the small things? The UI is still terrible. Inventory and character page should be separate and not take half the screen space. All tabs are bigger than they should.

Where's the Guild interface? How can a Guild focused game refuse to make it a priority? Sorry, but I can't believe is too hard to create a simple in game system to show guild members and allow in game recruitment.

It was good to see the quests working. It's very important to help people understand the game. But we need quest tracking. We don't have a minimap, so quests like the ones to kill mobs get a little complicated. At least I didn't see any kind of signal.

Anyway, the word Beta was mentioned a few times and I honestly don't know how can we talk about it. I still have hopes for this game. But the focus needs to be reviewed by the dev team.

That's my feedback for now. I'll just wait for the next update to check it again.

Edited by Haggstrom

cB9UT9m.jpg

25 minutes ago, Grivyn said:

So whats is the point of this campaign when there is no incentive at all to log in outside of a 1 hour siege window every other day. No green or better minor droppers removes flash points and all vessel progression should you even bother to craft a green vessel. Also without Kings/Chiefs there is also no Sentinels or Statues as they drop the heads.

So we are left with 1 hour windows of pvp, and fighting over Caravans to build up Forts/Keeps to craft in.

It is a bug. ACE is looking into this issue. They have already confirmed that this is a bug. They are looking for an opportunity to fix it.

Not enough mobs in any zone of Gods Reach Newbieland. Especially in the higher level areas. Too many players running around camping the same single camp with too few mobs and slow respawns. I'm not sure what the solution is, exactly, but some tweeking to the quantity and respawn rate I'd say. Or more camps. Vanaheimr is particularly sparse.