Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LordofCake

5.115 LIVE Feedback for 6/22/20

Posted (edited)

Just want to mention that the performance in the game is much....MUCH better! Thanks for hearing our voices ACE. Yesterday during  both keep fights I did not see FPS dropping lower than 20 FPS even in the middle of really massive fights (60+ people) with a lot of spells casted simultaneously, siege weapons firing and etc. And this is with MEDIUM graphics on (not Minimum). Huge improvement from what we saw in the beginning of June!

I give ACE a big and solid "Thumbs Up" for that! 👍

Edited by SAM_BUKA

I have never claimed any leadership positions in DIS. I express my own thoughts and opinions.

Not a fan of maps that take you right to a location. Players need to get comfortable navigating to generic locations as well as target NPCs. Highlighting an area and marking the target just feels like a better plan. Occasionally having a mission where the quest is "Find Gem. He was last seen at L20 searching around the woods." goes a long way to aiding in the future use of a basic mechanic, as well as showing you areas of terrain you might not otherwise have noticed.

• I don't think the spawning of outpost guards at the outpost they're meant to guard is a noteworthy event.
    eGIo7rm.png

• Neutral campfires should give the Resting buff. The ones in Gods' Reach especially.
    yL6lnDz.jpg

• The tier of weaponry that one can pull out of scavenging boxes is too damn high, especially in Gods' Reach. No one should exit Gods' Reach with better than a Green grade item unless they bought it from another player.

Hi, I'm moneda.

NPE:

I find it pretty funny that Varinna the Black gives you 2 minors related to thorns. Is she supposed to be an Assassin? What does thorns damage have to do with being an Assassin? If she were a druid like the lady that stands in front of the D'Orion statue it'd be less weird. Also, do y'all know how amusingly bad the community at large considers thorns damage? 🤭 

Along with starter weapons (please nix the rotten apples, you get a small amount of good apples in the beginning from the Sentinel!) you should give newbies some cloth armor and then introduce them to getting a set of leather. Letting them depend on drops feels like setting them up for failure.

Hi, I'm moneda.

I'm sure ACE is aware of this, they have better profiling tools built into Unity, but at least a coarse explanation for others

The FPS drop is a CPU bound problem
Eliminating GPU bound by
Set "Antialiasing - Transparency Supersampling" to "AA_MODE_REPLAY_MODE_ALL"
Set "Texture filtering - LOD Bias (DX) to: 0x00000078 

Run perfmon to see what the CF threads are doing.
This was observed in God's Reach just prior to Dregs launching, where there were 50 or so players crowding vendor alley.
Standing near the center of the temple and facing the alley, the CPU bottlenecks processing all the players and getting the next frame out.
Facing away from the players relieves the CPU of that stress.

unknown.png

17 hours ago, Crash_Corrigan said:

Not enough mobs in any zone of Gods Reach Newbieland. Especially in the higher level areas. Too many players running around camping the same single camp with too few mobs and slow respawns. I'm not sure what the solution is, exactly, but some tweeking to the quantity and respawn rate I'd say. Or more camps. Vanaheimr is particularly sparse.

They need to put back something with mob density, and frequency,, and mob level, on the scale of the mountain that was in Duchy of Marconia.

Amazingly to me, ACE managed to make leveling a vessel even more of a chore than it had already become.

13 minutes ago, Nunkuruji said:

I'm sure ACE is aware of this, they have better profiling tools built into Unity, but at least a coarse explanation for others

The FPS drop is a CPU bound problem
Eliminating GPU bound by
Set "Antialiasing - Transparency Supersampling" to "AA_MODE_REPLAY_MODE_ALL"
Set "Texture filtering - LOD Bias (DX) to: 0x00000078 

Run perfmon to see what the CF threads are doing.
This was observed in God's Reach just prior to Dregs launching, where there were 50 or so players crowding vendor alley.
Standing near the center of the temple and facing the alley, the CPU bottlenecks processing all the players and getting the next frame out.
Facing away from the players relieves the CPU of that stress.

unknown.png

I would like this 100x if  I could

Hi, 

Have not played in a bit, my first time back this is my feedback.

Love the fact I don't have to swap between harvest and combat bars and that generally my character is taking the appropriate actions depending on resource by default. Uses axe, uses skinning knife, no real management from me. Makes game a lot less of a chore to play.

Quests need work, I was basically just lost the entire time. I didn't realize I was looking for a person to do the cook meat part and was looking for a fire and well.. there are fires every where and none of them are for cooking. Over all I think the quests just need more information on what to do. 

My FPS on a R9 Fury X isn't that good and for some reason, it just seemed to keep going down. Eventually I was down to like 15 FPS and just quit. 

Dregs Feedback after Fall

1). Unclaimed forts are kind of a waste of space — please allow any guild to move in and claim at any time regardless of the siege window. Looking forward to the change to mini keeps that should require an investment in banes to take.

2) this is a guild vs guild world— we need to bring back the SB Mechanic where being unguilded had disadvantages. Moon Temple was actually ahead on points for a while ...

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

I just started playing today. I really enjoy the game so far. I wanted to leave some general feedback on the graphics. I am running the game on a pretty high end PC running Windows 10 on dual 4K monitors.  I have an Nvidia RTX 2080 (16GB), Intel i7 9700K processor, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Corsair MP510 SSD drive, etc. 

With the graphic settings set to Medium, I am getting an average of 60 fps but it will drop below 40 fps at times.  I consider this pretty lousy compared to other games.  With graphic settings on Very High, which is what I would expect to run on an RTX 2080 card, the fps is about 30 fps.  Very choppy.

I am curious what kind of setup is required to run the game on Very High with a normal/acceptable frame rate. i.e. > 60 fps?

First 15+ VS 15+ last night, very bad fps drops unplayable at times. I think what caused the worst of the drops were FW stuff we spam, volatile, frigid and especially cooling ice and that new horrid sfx and buff from it. Unless you have a super rig this game is just terrible for large fights and loading into zones.

Siege zones are boring as hell, why have more of these zones than adventure zones? Trying to cram all of the player base into 4 adventure zones at launch will be zone overload please rethink the world designs. The outer rim should be the adventure zones, the inner should be the siege zones with the temples attached to the adventure zones.

Day night cycle realy need to be like 20-30 minute cycles. Getting what feels like 5 minutes to look for thralls before they despawn kinda sucks ur constantly jumping around this for 5 minutes then this for 5minutes then back again u spend so much time wasted running around between these tasks simply due to super short day night cycles

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Still no description of many buildings like Caravansary, Bell Tower, Storage House and a few others.

No respawns of kings or chiefs.

Caravans feel much better now.

I have never claimed any leadership positions in DIS. I express my own thoughts and opinions.

First of all the Event Log is an absolute beautiful addition to the game, thank you!!!   I agree guard spawns are not noteworthy, ultimately I would love to be able to select what show's in my event log down the road.     I really want to address Disciplines as they have been a real issue since 5.11 dropped and only made worse without chief and king spawns.  To me this is currently right behind any show stopper issues.  I do not know if it is your intent for minor disciplines to be THE limiting factor in the game.  If it is than it is working as intended. 

Right now the only ways to get minor disc's is Kings, Chief's, and Captains.   The drop chances are low, and minors are tied to specific races to drop.  So currently the only non-white minors in game are from the Enbarri from the infected map.   So plate wearers could in theory upgrade vessels sub optimally but no-one else can even see a benefit for upgrading their vessel.   The other issue with kings/chiefs being the only way to get minors is that because of their value 90% of them are going to <10% of players.  I hope everyone can see how easily this can snowball, vessel upgrades are some of the largest power jumps in the game and the strong will only get stronger with this current setup. 

I really really liked minors as a gold dump but can understand why you moved to the current system.   Either we need to be able to upgrade white minors like we used to( make it a non optimal path but leave the path still open  ie insane cost or grind, good game design does not force as much as nudge players the way you want them to go) Or make sure you include all enemy types, enbarri,urgu,satyr,aracoix, and underhill on your maps and add the drop chance for green minors to at least the elites.  The disconnect in value from white being vendored to green being amazing does not feel intuitive or feel as though it has continuity to the rest of the game.    It is very hard to get vessels up and going this early in the cycle, to have got to that place where we have the ability to make that move and having done all the prerequisite work to be stuck because of resources not available in game feels very bad.  

-The Legion shall forever be reborn

qliewl5.png

7 hours ago, Fefner said:

First 15+ VS 15+ last night, very bad fps drops unplayable at times. I think what caused the worst of the drops were FW stuff we spam, volatile, frigid and especially cooling ice and that new horrid sfx and buff from it. Unless you have a super rig this game is just terrible for large fights and loading into zones.

Siege zones are boring as hell, why have more of these zones than adventure zones? Trying to cram all of the player base into 4 adventure zones at launch will be zone overload please rethink the world designs. The outer rim should be the adventure zones, the inner should be the siege zones with the temples attached to the adventure zones.

I think of the siege zones as low risk places on the map, they have mostly the same things just less dense resources and no NPC mobs.  They are a great place to gather and gank and focus your attention when solo or small group.  The adventure zones are hotbeds of activity where you can more likely expect enemies competing over resources.  I agree that I think we have to many siege zones and that they still feel somewhat lacking.  I like the idea of zones being different levels of threat.  Even within the dregs campaign, being able to choose between higher and lower pop zones is good.  It just needs some tweaking.   

qliewl5.png

On 6/25/2020 at 9:05 AM, DocHollidaze said:

They need to put back something with mob density, and frequency,, and mob level, on the scale of the mountain that was in Duchy of Marconia.

Amazingly to me, ACE managed to make leveling a vessel even more of a chore than it had already become.

Maybe it's just me, but I think this is true wrt everything right now, not just mobs. 

Like where do I get green or better minors?  Specific green or better majors also very tough.  Degradation of gear over time and from deaths seems higher.  Food ticker seems to be going down faster, requiring more attention to getting food. Certain critical ingredients for food(s) are painstaking to acquire even in spring or summer. Lack of gold earning vendor space has been mentioned (although there may be better solutions than single player vendors).  Quite a few serious bottlenecks in every direction, while ability to relieve them is spare (lean, lacking, unavailable, meager, sparse, scant).

It has me beginning to question my limits. That is, how high a percentage of my overall game time am I willing to devote to survival?

As a matter of curiosity,  where do the designers envision their "ideal" for "percentage of player time required for survival"?

29 minutes ago, shruuti said:

Maybe it's just me, but I think this is true wrt everything right now, not just mobs. 

Like where do I get green or better minors?  Specific green or better majors also very tough.  Degradation of gear over time and from deaths seems higher.  Food ticker seems to be going down faster, requiring more attention to getting food. Certain critical ingredients for food(s) are painstaking to acquire even in spring or summer. Lack of gold earning vendor space has been mentioned (although there may be better solutions than single player vendors).  Quite a few serious bottlenecks in every direction, while ability to relieve them is spare (lean, lacking, unavailable, meager, sparse, scant).

It has me beginning to question my limits. That is, how high a percentage of my overall game time am I willing to devote to survival?

As a matter of curiosity,  where do the designers envision their "ideal" for "percentage of player time required for survival"?

A lot of my frens have quit Crowfall, and one of the reasons is the grind.

I've been complaining about the grind increase for the last few years, but I don't see it really going away.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, shruuti said:

I played a game called SCUM and it was hyper realistic and you had to balance your metabolic intake, stay dry, watch your temperature, could get sick.  My point being I love survival games where the point of playing is survival, and I can cope with a lot of it.  I have played 10k+ hours in such games.  Crowfall needs to either push farther into this mentality, your stuff doesn't matter, you will lose it, it will break, and give me non-farming ways to get more because it is simply the fuel I burn for my war machine and does not matter(dangerous because this will make you lose in infuriating ways that have even made me with as much detachment as I can muster rage-quit more than I care to admit).  Or my things are pretty and lovely and I'm always playing that optimally sterile way in which my gear, food, vessel, majors, minors, bandaids, etc etc etc are all a point I work until I get to and then I have it and what do I do then?   The importance of death and decay in games like these are from my experience the best anti-bob mechanic there is.  You spend your time to maintain and getting ahead is only temporary.  It creates balance and can offer more epic moments when you get good gear, because that gear is going to break it actually ends up with a higher value in the end.   I love hardcore survival games and honestly my favorite time to play this game is the "slipper wars" where good gear actually matters, and white gear is standard.  Once blue gear is standard it is a gear grind that is annoying.  So as I said, lean into it and make slippers the normal with more white drops and less rare drops.  Or back away and let me get "war-tribe viable"  for a longer  duration on my gear so I am not constantly grinding.   

Edit: I also think people place too much value on good gear, 20 primary attribute is 20AP.  I didn't switch accounts to play on this one that has a badge with 25ap 25spr and the skull for 2%crit heal and 2% crit chance.  My point being playing your class right means more than these things, IDK that you do need to grind beyond decent white/green gear

Edited by ConstantineX
additional bonus thoughts

qliewl5.png

• Please hit play on the following video.

Do you hear that noise? That pulsing, wavy sound? Please remove that sound from whatever it's associated with. I'm pretty sure I only hear it when I play a Templar so I believe it's associated with Holy Warrior; but as you can see and hear by that video it doesn't stop when Holy Warrior's no longer available or when combat ends, and it kinda makes me wanna punch my speakers.

• The Bloom setting needs to be tuned way down. Here are two screen shots with Bloom enabled and disabled.
    Beya9Zg.png

HHj1FfJ.png

Hi, I'm moneda.