Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LordofCake

5.115 LIVE Feedback for 6/22/20

Character progress is important to encourage participation and build enthusiasm.

After you have maxed out your white vessel,

your next step is your advanced vessel.

but you can’t complete your advanced build due to

low number of discipline droppers in the world

total absence of minor disciplines in any quality greater than white 

lack of necromancy additives due to some sources not available (hands don’t drop from guards any more — low numbers of other options other than rare spawn elders animals )

some of this is due to a lack of captains/chiefs/kings in dregs currently 

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

NPE Feedback:

The login experience was pretty bad with a giant rat on the screen talking to me out of nowhere. I'd suggest adding some animation of us appearing in the world (some magic portal stuff maybe?) and then the rat noticing us and beckoning us closer. And the camera position there was awful, lets us look down on it no need for that crazy angle.

Brak lionshield: What wolves is he talking about? Might wanna looking on showing the villagers and then moving the camera to us. Good way of showing the direction too.

We need a prompt showing the quests as we get them. I only noticed I had a actual quest to kill wolves when I killed one that attacked me. until that point I was thinking I would get the quest when I arrived at the quest marker. edit: Other than the text I now noticed we get. Totally missed it the first time.

Brak mentions something about 'welcome back to the world of the living' when talking about food. I am not sure that fits considering we arent aware of any instance where we were in fact dead. I mean, so far start the game already inside a body so it feels weird. Unless of course you all intend to add a animation or something of our soul getting chosen and brought out of the river of dead or something.

Yuri ears show through the cowl he uses. Not a deal breaker but quite noticeable with close up npcs get. Probably also applicable to players. most likely.

When talking with Morrigan it seems there is a missing quest. There could be a 'gather 3 wood' mini quest when she tells you to gather wood to make a knife. I for example didnt gather any wood since the quest was still 'talk  with morrigan'. Just moved along.

Also 'start a new crafting project' is a tad confusing. Like, something like open the crafting screen or something might be better. It might break immersion so maybe sho a prompt like 'press j' to open the crafting screen after she stops talking? Maybe an image like we got on the cooking tutorial with the steps?

Loved the bit about having to be crazy to trust the gods. Gods are pricks!

Sammae Dynn says Gaia's statue is 'just beyond that village to the east' but the marker tells me the village is to the west.

Having to talk to an unknown NPC upon reaching Gaia statue feels weird. Once again having him call us or something might be good.

Gaius refers to himself as Lamplighter. Maybe that is his job?

Gaius speech sounds bad at this part:

'Mortals could come to this statue pray... to read the Holy Scoll (Scroll?) and make sacrifice to the gods. This scrolls speaks of Gaea.'

^First part is weird. Oxford comma is life. 'Scrolls' should be singular.

What? i cant read the scroll? Where is more Lore?

Sentinel says I learned about Gaea and D'orion but while I read Gaea scrolls I didnt even notice if D'orion had one. It feels kinda wrong to imply I know both by the same amount.

The sentinel doesnt mention Durgynn so it breaks immersion that the quest would be to talk to him. Once again, might have him call us closer or something. Maybe have him block the chasm entrance?

Hurnn: '..., my brother and I once tended Gaea's blood,...'

Shouldnt it be 'tended to Gaea's blood'?

Why is Hurnn talking about Gaea's when Cronos is the god we are here for? Yeah, Gaea this, Gaea that, and oh, read Kronos' Scroll to get his blessing. Feels disjointed.

The mission 'interact with God Pedestal' needs better name. 'Read Kronos's Scroll' maybe?

It might be nice to tells us the blessing dont stack here.

Stablemaster: Gives us no figurine. Kinda obvious but gotta be methodical.

Quest Take what you can see need better description: Kill Satyr and collect Minor Discipline. Are we paying for characters?

Varinna seems to imply there is a way to get minors through graverobbing? Is that legit? Should we imply that?

The tutorial ended pretty abruptly.

I believe the lunge weapons are going to cause more problems than fix them. You are essentially making it so the 10m dodge races are now 20m dodge with faster recharge of 10 seconds because it uses the dodge pip if you did not hit a target. The 10m dodge classes also usually have higher starting stats as well. Why would I choose a race with a 20m dodge with less stats and a slower recharge on dodge, when I can have more stats say a half elf assassin with a faster recharge 10sec dodge paired with a lunge dagger  20m .

Making higher quality Minor disciplines available from only bosses of war-tribes lends to an Uncle Bob mechanic.  The rarity of bosses makes it easy for a large group of players to "own" the limited respawns of these bosses, which is anti-fun for pretty much everyone else.

I suggest that green disciplines are once again dropped on the Elite wartribe members - perhaps with only a small chance, such as 3-5%.  This will make people stay in the wartribe camps to farm the disciplines when the bosses are not available.  As it is, only certain types of wartribe classes drop each specific discipline.  The number of wartribes of each given type of tribe is typically limited enough that this should encourage pvp over the wartribes and smart farming play.

Overall, I think the current implementation of minor disciplines only on wartribe bosses demonstrates that too much resource scarcity can be toxic to the community - but we know that the reverse is also true.

With the ~4 adventure zones available on the NA campaign and ~100 concurrent players, pack pig availability seems to be in a decent spot to both create pvp content but also allow guilds to build up their bases.  Perhaps a similar degree of availability is needed for Wartribes/Minor Discs.

Just now, Dern said:

Making higher quality Minor disciplines available from only bosses of war-tribes lends to an Uncle Bob mechanic.  The rarity of bosses makes it easy for a large group of players to "own" the limited respawns of these bosses, which is anti-fun for pretty much everyone else.

I suggest that green disciplines are once again dropped on the Elite wartribe members - perhaps with only a small chance, such as 3-5%.  This will make people stay in the wartribe camps to farm the disciplines when the bosses are not available.  As it is, only certain types of wartribe classes drop each specific discipline.  The number of wartribes of each given type of tribe is typically limited enough that this should encourage pvp over the wartribes and smart farming play.

Overall, I think the current implementation of minor disciplines only on wartribe bosses demonstrates that too much resource scarcity can be toxic to the community - but we know that the reverse is also true.

With the ~4 adventure zones available on the NA campaign and ~100 concurrent players, pack pig availability seems to be in a decent spot to both create pvp content but also allow guilds to build up their bases.  Perhaps a similar degree of availability is needed for Wartribes/Minor Discs.

Or you can just use some of the junk that drops , coins or artifacts thats just inventory bloat and use those on a crafter added in with a white minor to get a green. 

Posted (edited)

NPE Gods Reach lvling is awful compared to the old Gold Reach. There are not enough mobs or mob caps for people to lvl . There are barely enough mobs in one camp for my single group. 

The old god reach had more camps and mobs and even that was too little . 

Edited by Darkstar412

So, I just stumbled in a nice build and can now safely farm Elders and I can totally say their drops are too darn good for GR.

It is the first time I see most of these items and they are all blue to boot. It might not be an issue if you expect a group to tackle them and sharing it,  but you can totally expect single players with good builds will totally farm those non stop. I know i will simply to craft myself a blue vessel for lolz.

Bring it down to greens in GR. Still good enough IMHO.

Posted (edited)

minor recommendation with elemental quivers.

Atm there not much reason to use elemental quivers because your keystone on all classes that can build bow get a 10% bonus to physical attacks so you get 10% more dmg using the appropriate physical quiver. It might be worth giving elemental quivers a 10% bonus to fire or ice dmg to make them a little more appealing for people to use the magic quivers.
atm you gimp `10% of your dmg atleast.
you still wont be able to take full bonus since talents often provide physical penetration however the difference between the power would be closer so they may be a little more appealing to use.

Edit: Also another thought i just had what if we split the keystone of archer skill tree so it split between physical and elemental so you can choose between archery and a new keystone Arcane archer and they keystone would be as followed

10% dmg bonus Ice and fire potential lightning with addition of lightning quiver.
Keystone instead of 25% bonus archer keystone from double shot, double shot can increase charge speed by 20% instead of the dmg for the arcane archer keystone passive

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Posted (edited)

When pack pigs are released they need to go back to their origin faster or people will do this and prevent others from getting them 

unknown.png

Edited by yianni

You guys need to make the time to release significantly longer. Right now it's really easy to deny people a skull by instant releasing after death.

I'll kill a guy an immediately run to the body to have him release midway through the cast.

1 hour ago, yianni said:

When pack pigs are released they need to go back to their origin faster or people will do this and prevent others from getting them 

unknown.png

Make walls vunerable during out of seige times so we can blow people who does this stuff up :P #ReleaseTheBacon

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Hey guys,

i tried to play in my EK.

1. The Quests from the Architect and the Builder are nice and helpful, but i can´t reactivate them allthough they say:"Come back to me everytime you need a reminder".

1.1 The command /ekedit, explained in the Quest, is not working.

2. I can´t change the name or description of my EK, allthough it says: "changes are successful submitted"

3. The sacrifice flame at the Entrance Parcel disappears, but even if I can´t see it, its still usable.

Posted (edited)

Some things about the game I find disappointing and make me wish I hadn't bought it:

Having to right click every item to loot an enemy. Needs an auto-loot option.

Really confusing leveling system for professions, and a general lack of explanation of anything in game.

Lack of missions past starting area, makes the game feel aimless. No idea where to go to progress, get better gear, etc.

Unintuitive social interface--easy to miss messages in the tiny window, speech bubbles above characters would be nice as well as private chat when clicking on someone's name. Tried for 20 mins to figure out how to leave a group before giving up.

Really terrible performance issues on 970 GTX.

The game feels like a really bad free to play honestly. Had I known what it was like ahead of time I wouldn't have bought it. It's been out for 2 years and it's still this lacking?

Edited by Tehrock

Posted (edited)

No huge problems for me.... I do have 1 question though..

Why does it take 8 metal bars to make a magic staff???

You have to have both the Runecrafting and Woodworking professions to create one, which means you can't have any blacksmith runes to reduce the metal costs... That means it takes 222 (27*8+6) metal in order to make 1 staff. That's sorta ridiculous.

You should replace 4 of the bars with heartwood, as heartwood doesn't seem to be used for much besides quivers. 8 heartwood would be harder to get than 110 metal but it would at least be wood, which a woodworker should be much better at getting.

Having fun, but the grind is real... Not to mention trying to gather in the dregs is ridiculous. All the resources are level 9-10, so without a huge number of talents or super-powerful tools you can't actually accomplish anything. 

Edited by FlyingDutchman

34 minutes ago, moneda said:

In addition to the temples, we should be able to remove and equip disciplines in parcels on which stands a fort or keep owned by our guild or faction. (We should also be able to set our recall to a fort or keep also so owned!)

EKs too

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

13 hours ago, Tehrock said:

Some things about the game I find disappointing and make me wish I hadn't bought it:

Having to right click every item to loot an enemy. Needs an auto-loot option.

Really confusing leveling system for professions, and a general lack of explanation of anything in game.

Lack of missions past starting area, makes the game feel aimless. No idea where to go to progress, get better gear, etc.

Unintuitive social interface--easy to miss messages in the tiny window, speech bubbles above characters would be nice as well as private chat when clicking on someone's name. Tried for 20 mins to figure out how to leave a group before giving up.

Really terrible performance issues on 970 GTX.

The game feels like a really bad free to play honestly. Had I known what it was like ahead of time I wouldn't have bought it. It's been out for 2 years and it's still this lacking?

Man you bought a pre alpha game. 

We are here to mainly test, give feedback and try the game ahed of the time. 

The game as tons of problems but we are here to express our opinion in an helpful manner, crying and saying "worse than f2p" helps Noone (except it makes you look like a crybaby). 

If anything next time do your research before buying. 

Edited by Wuaandax