Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LordofCake

5.115 LIVE Feedback for 6/22/20

21 hours ago, ZYBAK said:

You guys need to make the time to release significantly longer. Right now it's really easy to deny people a skull by instant releasing after death.

I'll kill a guy an immediately run to the body to have him release midway through the cast.

Anyone starting F to decap a target - should imidiately prevent the dead from pressing F to release.  So pressing F on a corpse whom is half way through releasing should stop that release and instead allow the decsp.  
Effectively giving enough time ...

Edited by Soulreaver

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

The siege window MUST be longer. 1 hour is just not enough and the fun ends right when it has just started. Once the siege window ends, 80% of the population just log out from the game and everything just ends.

That would be great if ACE would allow us to test a 2-hour siege window.

I have never claimed any leadership positions in DIS. I express my own thoughts and opinions.

Courtesy of @Chillmate

ILoXxHp.png

EDIT: OMG WOW! I accidentally posted this to the feedback thread instead of the "Crowfall Memes" thread....I mean it's sort of accurate and people got a laugh so I guess I'll leave it...

Edited by ZYBAK

1 hour ago, SAM_BUKA said:

The siege window MUST be longer. 1 hour is just not enough and the fun ends right when it has just started. Once the siege window ends, 80% of the population just log out from the game and everything just ends.

As I suggested before there should be no window , it's either win or lose 

15 hours ago, FlyingDutchman said:

No huge problems for me.... I do have 1 question though..

Why does it take 8 metal bars to make a magic staff???

You have to have both the Runecrafting and Woodworking professions to create one, which means you can't have any blacksmith runes to reduce the metal costs... That means it takes 222 (27*8+6) metal in order to make 1 staff. That's sorta ridiculous.

You should replace 4 of the bars with heartwood, as heartwood doesn't seem to be used for much besides quivers. 8 heartwood would be harder to get than 110 metal but it would at least be wood, which a woodworker should be much better at getting.

Having fun, but the grind is real... Not to mention trying to gather in the dregs is ridiculous. All the resources are level 9-10, so without a huge number of talents or super-powerful tools you can't actually accomplish anything. 

pretty sure all range weapons take 3 professions, confessor book, bows, staffs cleric might be the only one that doesnt

Veeshan Midst of UXA

41 minutes ago, yianni said:

As I suggested before there should be no window , it's either win or lose 

Seiges need to be a war declaration thing aswell imo instead of a timed thing. So guild have to buy a seige or wager something to drop a seige on a fort or keep and then seige starts x hours afterwards probaly 22 hrs or something

Veeshan Midst of UXA

3 hours ago, SAM_BUKA said:

My main point here is that beside sieges, throne wars and pvp, there is not much to do. I support the idea that sieges don't possibly have to be all at once but just let players enjoy some really good fights and strategies.

Right now the siege looks like this:

* Siege starts

* You fight 4 minutes

* You either run or fly right after the fight +/- 5 minutes

* You wait for others +/- 5 minutes

* You fight again 4 minutes

* Run/fly 5 minutes

* Kill plague trees/change objectives/ reorganize /panic that half-siege is done, another 5-7 minutes (30 minutes passed)

* You run with a group to another location +/- 10 minutes

* You prepare for the fight/wait for others 3 minutes

* You fight 4 minutes

* You fly/run 5 minutes

* You make the last push 4 minutes

* You just relax/afk because it is only 4 minutes left and you understand that its just not enough time for anything

* Siege ends.

(and I don't even mention the loading screen time)

Overall, in the best case scenario you fight for 16-20 minutes only during the siege window. You run for about 25 minutes. You regroup and reorganize for the rest 15-20 minutes. I can only imagine how much longer it takes to organize everything when you allying with other guilds like it was tonight between TRA, CC, LOD, KVG and others.

To sum up, it really feels like we definitely could have much more content out of those siege windows than just 16-20 minutes of PVP.

P.S. If you want proofs for that, you can watch the full video of the siege tonight and just count how many minutes 90% of people were actually pvp-ing. This is what the typical player's experience is. He's got almost no fighting, moving with a group is extremely hard, you have no clue where your guild mates are...

http://www.twitch.tv/deeks_gaming/v/663625040?sr=a&t=4535s

It would also be extremely helpful, besides extending the siege window to 2 hours, to add player locator to be able to see where your guild mates are. Or, at least, add to to guild leaders so that you can see where your people are.

Edited by SAM_BUKA

I have never claimed any leadership positions in DIS. I express my own thoughts and opinions.

6 hours ago, veeshan said:

Seiges need to be a war declaration thing aswell imo instead of a timed thing. So guild have to buy a seige or wager something to drop a seige on a fort or keep and then seige starts x hours afterwards probaly 22 hrs or something

Of course this is something we've been wishing for 

Hey @LordofCake and/or @jtoddcoleman

Any chance you guys can make all powers/passives/etc descriptions available for us to proofread them? I found a bunch of weird text in multiple of the power/passives I tried the last few days. And I can honestly say that if you guys give me them I can fix it all in a day. Easy. (2 days tops :p)

Plus, it would be making better use of time since no one at ACE will have to waste time checking those. Well, other than double checking our work.

Even if you guys dont wanna make it public it might be nice to look to give that job to a few trustyworthy members. I can think of a few names I would trust in doing a good job. (I wont say them 'cuz nobody likes being voluntold)

Still there really is no excuse for descriptions to be this bad this far out in development.

BTW  who should I be tagging to adress ACE like this? I always feel super anxious tagging JTodd.

Edited by BarriaKarl

Large scale fights (larger than maybe 12v12) feel rather unsatisfying currently, and not just because of framerate issues. The 'tactics' for these fights are basically just ball up, hold W, and spam aoe. There's also the critical mass issue where, at a certain point, a group can effectively insta-gib targets. This is exacerbated by the prevalence of ranged direct damage aoe burst.

It's unsatisfying because: 1) as a player I don't feel like I'm making any choices to change the outcome of the fight, 2) I can get burned down before having an opportunity to do anything, 3) the only determining factor for the outcome of a fight feels like group size and maybe who lands the first aoe spell, 4) this kind of fight makes many class/discipline/ability combos practically useless.

There may be some balance things that can be done to help (adding delays or telegraphs for aoe bombs so a player has a chance to dodge at least). But, in the end, I think something will have to address the problems with focus fire or large scale fights are always going to be kinda boring. Death ball meta isn't particularly fun gameplay.

The suggestion I'd float is a stacking damage mitigation buff on taking damage, and a healing received debuff on taking heals. Both would reset at a frequency of ~1 sec. This would effectively bound the DPS and HPS an individual player takes. This would potentially de-emphasize death balls, focus fire, and aoe spam. It would also allow players more of a chance to react and influence a fight, and would help with small-group vs. large-scale balance. It also implies a certain degree of catch-up logic so that smaller groups are not at such an overwhelming disadvantage. This is important because numbers advantages don't scale linearly with the number of additional members a side has, since the effect snowballs as they begin to reduce enemy numbers.

Given that LOS, collision, and friendly fire aren't really a thing, there's an argument to be made for some game mechanic that attempts to correct for the lack of these.

15 hours ago, SAM_BUKA said:

To sum up, it really feels like we definitely could have much more content out of those siege windows than just 16-20 minutes of PVP.

it is important to understand that Crowfall is still in Alpha state and is still in development. They only can deal with 1 major thing at a time. - You

do you want ACE to brake everything what they've built now and start from scratch or what? If that is you intention, then go ahead and donate/invest another 15M$ into Crowfall and then do whatever you want with it. - You

2 hours ago, Barab said:

Why is 69% of the server population all playing frostweavers ?

• High self/group defense buff.
  • High single target and AOE damage, heck toss in an execute too.
  • Make that AOE damage instant, spammable and slap on hard CC. 
  • Give them 2nd highest range in the game?
  • Add some long duration no cooldown resource regen for the group.
  • Leather or plate? Who cares, barely any difference.
  • There's even a healing line.

Very curious what ACE sees as the cons to the class. Not that I want to see it nerfed or anything, but I must be missing some downside.

If that is what the latest class has, I can't wait for the balance pass for everything that came before. :rolleyes:

If this game ever takes off, would be interesting to have a community nominated Class Lead to provide feedback/bugs to ACE directly like other games have done. 

2 minutes ago, APE said:

Not that I want to see it nerfed or anything, but I must be missing some downside.

I gotta reach here but,

Their ult isn't very defensive which can put the healer or archmage in a bad spot.

The bulk of their heals (cool ice) can't crit. and is immobile.

aeei5jG.png

11 hours ago, APE said:

it is important to understand that Crowfall is still in Alpha state and is still in development. They only can deal with 1 major thing at a time. - You

do you want ACE to brake everything what they've built now and start from scratch or what? If that is you intention, then go ahead and donate/invest another 15M$ into Crowfall and then do whatever you want with it. - You

OMG. Now I understand why your Avatar and nick name are what they are. It does not take too much brain power to understand that "5.115 LIVE Feedback for 6/22/20" is made solely for the purpose of player's feedback. Moreover, increasing siege windows is just a minor fix. Feels like you need to increase your intelligence level before being able to see the difference though...

Edited by SAM_BUKA

46 minutes ago, SAM_BUKA said:

😂

2SA4fed.png

Spoiler

Just in case you don't get it. Was using your own comments to point out how they come across.

You've told others what they should be posting and providing feedback on, what's important currently, it's alpha so things are fine, they can only deal with one thing at a time, and even that others posts shorter then yours are too long and no one wants to read them. Along with suggesting people should donate millions of dollars to do things that should already exist as they were part of the core game experience pitched to the public for money.

BTW, people have been saying that having a siege timer, siege time limit, siege schedule, and what siege entails needs to be improved upon since it started years ago. Thank you for bringing it to ACE's attention now though. I'm sure they'll get right on top of it. :)

Edited by APE

4 hours ago, Yoink said:

I gotta reach here but,

Their ult isn't very defensive which can put the healer or archmage in a bad spot.

The bulk of their heals (cool ice) can't crit. and is immobile.

There's a lot that's broken. Like volatile ice going off instantly on FGs when free weaving. Archmage is broken, there's still a delay with its volatile outside of free weaving.

And of course any ice converted to volatile does poorly made dergs damage

A nice QOL change would be for the Detail page of my statistics to remember how it was before logout. What stats I care about depends on what build I am on and it is kinda of a pain in the ass to have to close a bunch of tabs I dont care about everytime I want to check my statistics.

Heck, at this point I would rather they came out minimized if I will have to mess with them all the time.

• Years ago when CC immunity was introduced the glow that appeared was golden, and we need that back I think. The blue hue we have now can too often be mistaken for someone having Frost Armor on. Also, this may be due to however culling is currently working, but people who are currently immune to CC often do not glow blue at all.

• Why is it that Centaur bottom and top "halves" cannot be the exact same color? For reference:
    VhvbrUQ.png

Making a two-tone Centaur should perhaps stay an option but I'd much appreciate the option to have one a single-tone horseperson.

• The area around traps in which an enemy can set them off needs widening in my opinion.
    WqPbmML.jpg

I ran around this thing placing traps and it's fat arse couldn't set off a one. 😕 

• Considering we have parcels now for mines in which ore and stone harvesting nodes can be placed I don't know why they still have to be scattered about the landscape.
    TEMNiKa.jpg

Is there a lore reason for this strange occurrence of what is born underground springing forth like plants in need of sunlight?

Hi, I'm moneda.