Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LordofCake

5.115 LIVE Feedback for 6/22/20

Posted (edited)

QOL suggestions;

1)Make starter weapons sacrificable but make their value 0. It is a pain in the ass to have to drag them out of inventory to destroy them. Just burn it away.

2)Dont close the sacrifice window after each lvl up. I will deal with the points later, just let me lvl quickly pls.

3) XP should continue to the next level. This has been brought forward thousand of times before. Just do it folks.

Edit:

4) remove the red overlay from items we cant equip. Just add a big red X somewhere. The overlay makes it hard to see quality and that is huge issue. Specially when dealing with items that arent equippable at the moment but we will unlock later.

Edited by BarriaKarl

Playing the objectives, making an actual effort to win the campaign, is less fun than jumping in and free-styling it. Playing to win feels like a chore or obligation. There is a lot of "I'd rather be doing X in game right now but but doing X does not help my guild to win. I need to be doing Y to feel like I'm being useful, even if I dislike doing it.

I felt burnt out after we made an effort to win a 4 day campaign. I don't know how that will feel on a real length campaign, if it will make it better or worse.

Farming Thralls for Major Discs probably needs to be adjusted in winter. I was able to farm 15-30 major discs an hour during the winter. I would suggest lowering their spawn rate or making them drop green quality.

9 PM CST is really late for the siege window (for me and I am CST). Even just a half hour earlier would be great. 

aeei5jG.png

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Yoink said:

Playing the objectives, making an actual effort to win the campaign, is less fun than jumping in and free-styling it. Playing to win feels like a chore or obligation. There is a lot of "I'd rather be doing X in game right now but but doing X does not help my guild to win. I need to be doing Y to feel like I'm being useful, even if I dislike doing it.

I felt burnt out after we made an effort to win a 4 day campaign. I don't know how that will feel on a real length campaign, if it will make it better or worse.

Farming Thralls for Major Discs probably needs to be adjusted in winter. I was able to farm 15-30 major discs an hour during the winter. I would suggest lowering their spawn rate or making them drop green quality.

9 PM CST is really late for the siege window (for me and I am CST). Even just a half hour earlier would be great. 

I agree with every point you've maid, except Thralls. I think they are Okay for 1+ day of farming.

Edited by SAM_BUKA

I have never claimed any leadership positions in DIS. I express my own thoughts and opinions.

Posted (edited)

About scoring system in DREGS and win conditions:
I would speak for myself, first of all, and will also express some opinions of people whom I talked to / read their posts about the current scoring system

The good:

1. Smaller guilds can compete with bigger guilds and that is a move in the right direction;

2. Cards like "Sacrifice player's sculls to Yaga" bring a lot of fun. I think everyone will agree on that (on the other head Defleshed's collection is gone now 😢)

3. Card like "to have level 3 buildings in your keeps/forts" I personally liked too. It feels like this motivates players to go and attack their competitors keeps/forts. KGV won because we had to choose between TRA's and KGV's forts. If we had chosen to attack KGV's fort instead of TRS's the final result in points would most likely have been different now. But the fundamental principle feels interesting.

The bad:

1. Score cards have very poor description, some of them have almost none. They simply lack some crucial information. It appeared that our guild sacrificed Hunger Shards' sacrifice items into the wrong place 2 days in a row. Also the TOP 3 cards which are active across the whole campaign gave us almost NO DESCRIPTION about how they really work and how the scores are counted for them. Did they add scores every season? Or did they add scores at the end of campaign only? Was it calculated per person or simply for the guild overall? So many questions were left unanswered...  There is also no place on the website or forum where players can see and read the full description for those cards. So we can only assume how these score cards are calculated. Overall, the game lacks description badly almost everywhere starting from the item descriptions, buildings descriptions, and, of course, the worst one is the lack of win conditions / score cards descriptions. This leads to players and the whole guilds wasting their time doing the wrong thing. This can really demotivate people and make then sad.

2. Players can not see progress on the score cards. Why nobody can see the progress of how the score cards competition goes? It feels like there should be a scoreboard where people could see the current progress for each card per guild. This would bring much more clarity to the competition and will even boost it. Imagine if at the end of the season one guild will see that they only lack a few skulls to beat the opponent or if they see that they just need to demolish that level 3 building in opponent's fort to have better chances to win. This will only encourage the competition and ignite new conflicts aka PVP.

3. This DREGS campaign felt much more like a PVE grind game rather than PVP focused game. I can't exactly formulate what was wrong but it feels like (and I heard the same from many other people) the game was focused on PVE grind for 80% of time. There was just a little PVP and a lot of PVE stuff. People find this boring to have just a ~20 minutes of PVP action during the siege hour and then almost entirely dive into PVE pigs run / circle standing quest (pretty boring when you do it for hours and hours and hours). My thought here is that it happened due to the several factors:

A) Siege window was very small - 1 hour felt like it was not enough to do much on the map, considering that CF demands a lot of running. 1 hour is barely enough for 2 good moves only during the siege time. Especially when developers decreased the number of vulnerable forts/keeps by the siege schedule (which is still a good change I think). 1-hour siege is definitely not enough to have fun for PVP focused players. PVE focused players can choose if they want to join PVP stuff or not anyways. Thus, the 2-hour siege window (for example) would not influence the PVE focused players game experience.

B ) Too many cards for building and upgrading structures in the keeps/forts for a 7-day campaign. One card of that type should have been enough to create a conflict for PVP focused players and content for PVE players. Combined with only 1-hour siege window and siege schedules for keeps and forts made the situation even worse - guilds just didn't have time for strategy games and they had to concentrate solely on PVE pigs grind/runs (again, which was very boring when you do it for hours). EXPECTATION: when you log into Crowfall you expect action, excitement and player versus player environment. REALITY: you run pigs almost all your online time to build level 3 structures in 2 days. This was the issue with previous DREGS campaigns on TEST too (I don't even mention flower-picking / cats killing cards again.....). P.S. I like running pigs from times to times but not 80% of my time in the game.

C) It feels like the map was 3 times larger than it should have been. Probably, the reason was that ACE expected that both EU and NA people will play together, maybe this is the reason. Anyways, even previous Dregs campaign maps felt too large and too empty. It would be interesting for the next Dregs campaign to test a much smaller map. For example, 2 Adventure zones and 2 siege zones only and compare how it would work out (definitely, the deficit of resources will trigger more conflicts). Moreover, it should be a good test for servers too. We all saw how the siege server could not handle player population this Saturday which caused many players to crush from the game. So I would like to see those changes made to see how it would work with a much smaller campaign map.

D) Finally, it feels like the "circle standing tactics" (capturing outposts back and forth) needs deep rework. First, these outposts make no sense: the guards there are too weak, you can easily capture it with 1 person only. Then you have to stand in the circle for 5-10 minutes each time to full capture them. As a result, we have 2 people running after each other doing the circle standing game. Not fun, 100%. Secondly, some zones have outposts which give strong buffs so everyone wants them. Other zones have outposts which nobody has interest in. Seems unfair. Lastly, even if we capture those re-spawn outposts they can be re-captured by only 1 person once it is left behind. So it makes no sense to capture them at all, to stand in the circle for 10 minutes, so that another player which will come 5 minutes later would have to do the circle stand ritual again for another 10 minutes. This definitely adds a lot to the boredom and makes no sense after all.

The ugly:

No ugly stuff for you guys, no salt, no complaints and no hard feelings...  😜

Overall, I can say that I had much more fun this campaign than the previous ones. There were much more good fights, interesting moves and tactics, more strategy games and much less bugs than we saw in previous versions. Except the Kings/Chiefs spawn bug which is just UNACCEPTABLE, of course!!! UNACCEPTABLE_2.0.jpg

Also, there are a lot of concerns that the scoring / card system is still broken and is calculated with a lot of mistakes... but we cannot prove that in any way as we couldn't see the progress as there is no scoreboards to see this information.

The most positive thing is that Crowfall evolves, improves and becomes better every month. It's really great to see that ACE listens to the community and makes changes accordingly. I hope to see this continue happening in the future too. I personally did not have high expectations for this Dregs campaign and focused more on testing and having fun. But there are people who take it too serious and, as a result, get upset. I truly believe that we, the community, can make a significant contribution to Crowfall's progression by submitting our feedback and thoughts so that we can make this game better together (sound too fluffy even for me... but whatever, that's what I really believe in). 😎

Edited by SAM_BUKA

I have never claimed any leadership positions in DIS. I express my own thoughts and opinions.

Posted (edited)

Could you, please, add "Select All" button in the Vault? So that players do not have to click their mouse and scroll back and forth when they just want to transfer everything from the campaign.

Select_all_button.jpg

You still can't transfer items from the campaign to your world bank if you have similar items in your inventory. So I have to log in, put those items in the vessel inventory and log back out to be able to transfer those similar items: chaos embers, parchment paper, necro additives and etc.

Edited by SAM_BUKA

Posted (edited)

The flames produced by Burning Hatred sometimes spawn inside MOBs and it makes it hard/impossible to collect them without moving around. I'd suggest increasing their pickup ratio and/or simply add an animation of it rushing towards us. Plust it would help with reducing the number of objects on the screen. Spawn, wait half a sec, be absorbed.

It would also help in PvP since the hopping around and the collecting doesnt mesh well. Getting those while chasing a ranged class is just completely rage inducing. Going out of my way just makes me take more damage.

While at it I really suggest a new VFX for the flames. A wisp like this would be waaaay cooler than the flame we have now:

blue-flame-icon-34.jpg

Edited by BarriaKarl

9 hours ago, SAM_BUKA said:

2. Cards like "Sacrifice player's sculls to Yaga" bring a lot of fun. I think everyone will agree on that (on the other head Defleshed's collection is gone now 😢)

The system need a slight rework as it stands players with an alt account could play the system by meeting up at a neutral respawn outpost and continually beheading the alt account, not everyone would do it but im pretty sure there will be one person out there that will.  

Dregs cards

1. There needs to be UI added with metrics displayed on each seasonal card as to where your guild is at.  This will let guilds know right away if they are doing something wrong.

2. Intent of the cards can be misleading, I have seen long drawn out discussions on how some cards can be interpreted as.  You should not need a wiki to explain a win condition.

3. DF should be increased from card to scale 1 - 10, per member based cards will still keep smaller guilds in the running but it will help make the conquest side of things not seem as worthless.

4. Player Temple merchants selling card objective items, do you want this to be a factor in scoring?  Personally don't care, but some in house discussion should happen before guilds start using commerce to be kingmakers 😛

5. Need cards that are not scaled at all, just meet the requirement, you get the points.  These can be 5 pts.  Ie. The rank 3 class-b card was an unhealthy grind and can burn people out and only large guilds can really score high on this.