Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

Crowfall 5.115: The Awakening!

Pushing this patch to live... There are so many bugs, that have been reported and left unpolished.  While you can comment that they aren't ground breaking.. If you though present this to new players as "part of the experience" all I can reply with : Are you nuts?!?!

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

4 minutes ago, Soulreaver said:

Pushing this patch to live... There are so many bugs, that have been reported and left unpolished.  While you can comment that they aren't ground breaking.. If you though present this to new players as "part of the experience" all I can reply with : Are you nuts?!?!

LIVE server is still Alpha testing. I don't think it is nuts to put this patch on LIVE. It will get more testing. Population is very low on the TEST server.

IhhQKY6.gif

Posted (edited)

Well the version we got on live now has atleast twice as many bugs in it, as the one on test. 

So instead of pushing the version from test to live to test it more, they brought a new version of the TEST-server version to live and broke kind of everything :D

Edited by Chricky

11 minutes ago, Jah said:

LIVE server is still Alpha testing. I don't think it is nuts to put this patch on LIVE. It will get more testing. Population is very low on the TEST server.

They should have fixed the  bugs which were already pointed out.  Which are quite numerous.  At least get that polished off ... so yeah the Test population is low, doesn't mean the amount of bugs that were reported have even been addressed.  Now we're facing reporting the same deal over again.  Packaged as : The new player experience. 
So cool and all you think that is a good move, I don't.

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

3 minutes ago, Soulreaver said:

They should have fixed the  bugs which were already pointed out.  Which are quite numerous.  At least get that polished off ... so yeah the Test population is low, doesn't mean the amount of bugs that were reported have even been addressed.  Now we're facing reporting the same deal over again.  Packaged as : The new player experience. 

I don't see the benefit of keeping LIVE on an older patch. Sure, there are still bugs that need fixing. That is nothing new. Every patch that has ever gone to LIVE has had bugs that still need fixing.

IhhQKY6.gif

11 minutes ago, Soulreaver said:

Now we're facing reporting the same deal over again.

If it makes you feel better to do that, feel free, but that isn't necessary and I can't imagine anyone at ACE has asked any testers to do that. Reported bugs are in the queue, to be dealt with in whichever order they think they should go in; a process which I guess you should feel free to leave feedback on since that obviously bothers you.

The main reason to push a patch from a lower populated server to a higher populated one is to get feedback on changes, like what they've done to Retaliate, changes made to crafting disciplines, changes made to war tribe drops, the whole NPE thing, etc. 

Hi, I'm moneda.

We ought to just accept that TEST environment is really just to ensure there are no "show stopper" bugs as ACE would categorize it. And many documented and reported bugs are going to get ignored and pushed to live.

Though what some of us consider low enough priority bug to get passed on to live probably differs from person to person.

2 hours ago, Soulreaver said:

2 hours ago, Jah said:

^This

Jah and I were able to absolutely own the last dregs campaign on TEST. Two people. I may understand if Jah does. But me? Seriously? There can't be a worse sign regarding player participation, if I win. And like they say in this news: they can't test without us (see what they did there?)

(Of course, one could argue that they probably should have aimed to encouraged their general community more during the last two years, instead of moving over to stalling tactics that only upset the existing audience, and to keep on showing interest on their EU community, instead of appearing like they care less each day  ... but yeah ... a) that's in the past and b) it's their own fault ... so, not our job to burden our thoughts by thinking about that)

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Soulreaver said:

This is the 1st version of NPE and only open to backers... the finalized version of this will be when it is vetted and done then tested with the 300k+ sign ups in waves, so once again the can take feedback and adjust it... you are still a long way off (months) from the true NPE

Edited by YouTubejasonwivart

Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA

Posted (edited)

Has crowfall been down? Every time I have clicked live testing launcher it says it is down for maintenance. 

Edited by denhar80

12 minutes ago, denhar80 said:

Has crowfall been down? Every time I have clicked live testing launcher it says it is down for maintenance. 

Test is down for maintenance. Live is up.

IhhQKY6.gif