Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Krensit

Make an ACTUAL FREAKING ECONOMY

If you want a player-driven economy, then cutting 2/3 of the available slots in GR is ridiculous.  Of the single GR temple, there are cure currently 4 people with nothing on them, 1 person has THREE slots, and one person has FIVE slots.  This is true in the other temples as well.  I'd say there are probably only 50 actual players with vendors at the moment.

If a player driven economy is really a focus you want for the game, you either need to make unlimited vendor slots, set up an AH, or allow EKs to stay up and have vendors.  This is absurd.

21 minutes ago, Krensit said:

If a player driven economy is really a focus you want for the game, you either need to make unlimited vendor slots, set up an AH, or allow EKs to stay up and have vendors.  This is absurd.

They have consistently made changes going away from player driven economy and marketplace. I expect more mob drops and less player economy as we go forward. 

53 minutes ago, Krensit said:

allow EKs to stay up and have vendors.

This is the goal - some things need to be worked out first like EK uptime system.

tiPrpwh.png

EKs is coming revised up to date soon, we all can expect that helping turn down the "issue" (GOD Reach is a newbie zone, so just a placeholder to player driven economy today).

phLeCyZ.png?1

I don't understand the direction of the economy.  A MMO with near 400,000 players signed up will not scale in its current form. 

A good working economy is the one with maximum player participation, easy to buy/sell and very high transaction volume.  Neither of this will happen with player vendor or "private" vendor in EK.  Look at all large successful games like

• EVE Online
  • GW2
  • WoW
  • RS

and what do they have in common?  A market place/auction house/grand exchange yet it doesn't take away from the social aspect of the game.  

It will be a shame that such rich crafting system, itemization, specialization in Crowfall doesn't get traction for making a very difficult trading system.  Beside few dedicated players who has the time to shop around and crawl through 100s of vendor?  Extra time for this needless trading system will cut into time people put in for farming mobs, PvP, Siege, etc. 

The current vendor system has its place where hardcore trader can set their trading center and pay small fee.  Let player vendor allow guild setup their inter trade.  However, let rest of the players choose between buy/selling item from a more general auction house/market place for a much higher fee or buy from vendor if they are doing bulk purchase.  Auction house/Marketplace and player vendors doesn't need to be mutually exclusive.  Its a win win to have both and they can complement each other. 

Vendor-based system is a unique type of player-driven economy, and fits better with Crowfall's design (custom crafting, resetting Campaigns, team competition over resources). Other games with player vendors are Ultima Online, Star Wars Galaxies, and Elder Scrolls Online. It does work - it's community-based trading and is a different crafter/merchant experience then games with a global AH. 

tiPrpwh.png

3 hours ago, mystafyi said:

They have consistently made changes going away from player driven economy and marketplace. I expect more mob drops and less player economy as we go forward. 

That’s just entirely untrue.

32 minutes ago, miraluna said:

Vendor-based system is a unique type of player-driven economy, and fits better with Crowfall's design (custom crafting, resetting Campaigns, team competition over resources). Other games with player vendors are Ultima Online, Star Wars Galaxies, and Elder Scrolls Online. It does work - it's community-based trading and is a different crafter/merchant experience then games with a global AH. 

You’re right.  But in order for the vendor-based, player-driven economy to work, you need more than just a few vendor spots.  The issue is there weren’t enough to begin with, and 1/3 of the spots between Infected and GR were eliminated.

49 minutes ago, Krensit said:

You’re right.  But in order for the vendor-based, player-driven economy to work, you need more than just a few vendor spots.  The issue is there weren’t enough to begin with, and 1/3 of the spots between Infected and GR were eliminated.

Last we heard, the temple-based vendors were going away and we are going to go back to EKs as vendor marketplaces. We'll see if and when that happens.

One very important thing a player-driven economy needs is players. There just aren't enough people playing right now to support a robust economy.

I liked it when we had vendor cities in campaign worlds.

Could have neutral outposts/town in campaign world that has patroling guards around with alot of vendor slots in the campaigns.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

3 hours ago, Krensit said:

in order for the vendor-based, player-driven economy to work, you need more than just a few vendor spots.

Absolutely agree 👍

tiPrpwh.png

I even know the guys who own 70% of those vendors :D

Still, it is important to understand that Crowfall is still in Alpha state and is still in development. They only can deal with 1 major thing at a time. They will get to the point where they will reconsider trading. They even discussed it a bit in May's Q&A.

But I agree: the pserver population has grown 3 times during the last 4 months and now the economy does not work as it used to work for fewer people before.

I have never claimed any leadership positions in DIS. I express my own thoughts and opinions.

What I'd like to see is a special portal in the GR temples. Opening this portal would bring up an interface that allows players to search for EKs (like the one in the lobby, but more robust), and then travel to them. Basically, remove the need to log out and then log back in to an EK, while making it easier to find an EK that has what you want.

I guess that when EKs will be fixed, we will see a lot of trading hubs in EKs. They probably just need to roll out the tax rate for GR traders and implement the cost for purchasing acquiring Vendor place in GR. But guys... this is not so important at the moment. Eventually it will be resolved.

I have never claimed any leadership positions in DIS. I express my own thoughts and opinions.

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, SAM_BUKA said:

Crowfall is still in Alpha

But guys... this is not so important at the moment. Eventually it will be resolved.

Alpha has little meaning. You seem to be really hung up on this.

From the recent 5.115 update and pretty much everything they've said for a long while, it seems like most if not all pre-launch systems are in place in some form which is worrying considering how much is missing or far from being complete.

A player run economy was a big selling point as it is with all these "sandbox" games yet we have almost nothing to work with. EKs are a joke and no word if they'll ever become what was sold to us. The campaign vendors are far worse then any auction house system that people demonize.

Someone interested in actually playing the economy as a seller (harvesters, crafters, traders) or just a buyer is left wanting a heck of a lot.

If "the path to beta is clear" as ACE states, they sure haven't made it clear to us. They are focusing on NPE, bugs, polish, optimization, and balance which they have said numerous times come as beta approaches and launch follows. There is no talk of the barebones systems in place or flat out missing features that we were sold. Guess it's easier to believe that going from Alpha to Beta or Launch will magically make those things appear despite no sign otherwise.

Edited by APE

What if the temple map upgraded and became bigger with more vendor slots as people sacrifice items in the temples kinda like how keeps work now with the wartable

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Posted (edited)

If I remeber correctly the original skill tree had a vendor branch that limited the number of vendors a player could set up. Also another big factor is a lack of a robust banking system so you have people either squatting or using vendors like warehouses. I like the idea of temple vendors being like smapling trays in order to draw people in to the EKs where they have a much larger selection of items to sell. Then again I was also a proponent of a large hub based locations. 

Edited by Kendread

Its really needed to focus on this before any other big step cause i don't think that anyone like to spend 20 or 30 min looking EK after EK to find something interesting.