Find results in...

Advocating on behalf of our EU/Russian friends

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@jtoddcoleman@thomasblair@Tyrant Please please please highly consider activating some of the Fort's siege's at EU friendly times for this campaign. I can understand if you don't want to activate Ke

#EuropeanCommunityMatters

Hm, i didn't want to participate in a public discussion about this topic, but, yeah, can't help it. I'll try to make it short. Call me stupid, but I don't understand how having siege times for

1 hour ago, yianni said:

yeah seriously, or just get rid of siege schedules

Siege schedules are in place in order for defenders to prepare their defences. 

Which of course is not realistic but it is more casual friendly approach and i think they try to avoid people coordinating attacks when everyone is asleep like really late at night or early in the morning.

I'm fine with no schedules at all personally but im guessing many ppl will object and they are afraid of loosing clients.

Hm, i didn't want to participate in a public discussion about this topic, but, yeah, can't help it. I'll try to make it short.

1 hour ago, Prometeu said:

1. What we are asking for means development time on a feature that's unlikely to be used in the Live game. I would rather they focus on getting the game to Beta. If it was easy I think it would have been implemented already. If it is actually easy then ACE deserves a spank for ignoring their EU player base.

Call me stupid, but I don't understand how having siege times for EU players is something that is unlikely to be used in the Live game. Or how it could be anything that would cause "additional" development time. For if so, why should any EU player put any bit of energy in this game anymore, if there is no way for us to participate in the basic function of this game ... unless between 3-4am?
I've heard it would need time and energy, got it. I just don't understand why. Maybe it would be good to explain it. If I don't understand it, surely others won't either, and thats a cause of unnecessary friction.

However, if it is not possible for the game to provide siege windows at different times ... I have no clue how it could be successful in the end.

2. 4g can't have guilds as far as I know so they won't be able to hold property and can't really play Dregs as they are meant.

The Dregs campaigns put players without a guild automatically into the group of their gods faction. So if you choose Arkon/Sun, you would play for Sun (order). Those factions can conquer Strongholds as far as I understood. I've seen factions conquering Outposts successfully, so keeps should work, too. That's kind of a workaround - but it's at least something.

3. Have the next Dregs in EU time - or if it's not that expensive - run two dregs one NA and one EU.

I don't like the idea of only providing siege windows for EU. Main focus is and has to be the NA market. If the needs of a market are not met, it causes friction. Causing friction in the US market would be a bad idea. But EU/4g is also a not insignificant market. And obviously those communities are reaching a certain threshold of frustration - otherwise the topic wouldn't escalate increasingly.

4. Get this to Beta at maximum speed.

What do you think happens when this game comes to Beta, 300k players get invited, and 1/3 of them are only able to test the main pillar of this game, the throne-war, at 3-4am? Now, that would create a fine game reputation ... not.

This being said, the issue is not about having it this or that way. Nobody wants to cause trouble. But people want to participate. Any(!) way that would allow EU/RU players to participate in Sieges and City-Building would be great.  That's all.

Still, at the current time, I wouldn't expect too many EU players join the battle, in case the aforementioned would happen. Because there are not a lot of people watching closely anymore (because: this is not a new issue, but just one effect of another larger issue).

So IF it is a large hassle to provide EU siege times, and IF the company would nevertheless make it happen because there seems to be demand ... it most likely wouldn't lead to masses of additional players suddenly contributing to test and feedback. The usual guilds may join - until they get bored. That's all. An where would that lead us? To the company dismissing EU/RU needs even more in the future, because it turned out those community factions may cry, but if they get what they want, it won't help. And that's definitely not something our sub-communities can afford.

Still, at some time there needs to be EU siege times anyways. Like I said, I personally don't understand why they are not there. Like many other community folks, I would explain it to others and pour oil on the troubled water ... but I can't, because I just don't know. But thats another issue and doesn't belong to this topic.

Anyways
Have fun, good luck
Kraahk

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg
EU-Support-Guild (no ingame management)
Join [CoR] Nov 23th-Dec 14th (or
any other guild) to get a 25% discount on the next game bundle you buy!
Join - Discord Channel 

Guys,

I hear what you are saying, but we can't just "flip a switch" and change siege schedules on a moments notice -- much less change the underlying system that relies on them. 

What we can do, right now, is launch an EU campaign in addition to the NA one.  The reason that we didn't plan to do this is because we're trying to stress the server so that we can find and fix issues that only surface under heavy player load. 

But I get it.  If you guys want a second campaign, we'll prop one.  

Here is my only request: since we're not going to concentrate folks down to one location, it would be very helpful if you guys would try to log in during siege windows to increase the load so that we can still get the testing that we need.   Server performance testing is critical to us being ready for beta, and I want us to get to beta as soon as possible. 

If you'll help us get the numbers during prime time, then we can still achieve our testing objective, and everybody wins.

Thanks,

Todd

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

@EU/RU community

You asked for it. ~pointingattoddsanswer~ Never say ACE doesn't listen.

2 hours ago, Kraahk said:

Still, at the current time, I wouldn't expect too many EU players join the battle, in case the aforementioned would happen. Because there are not a lot of people watching closely anymore (because: this is not a new issue, but just one effect of another larger issue).

So IF it is a large hassle to provide EU siege times, and IF the company would nevertheless make it happen because there seems to be demand ... it most likely wouldn't lead to masses of additional players suddenly contributing to test and feedback. The usual guilds may join - until they get bored. That's all. An where would that lead us? To the company dismissing EU/RU needs even more in the future, because it turned out those community factions may cry, but if they get what they want, it won't help. And that's definitely not something our sub-communities can afford.

Now make me a liar and prove that I was wrong, by spamming the servers, providing server load and feedback. And not just for one day. For if not, you just weakend the position of the EU community. Just saying. No pressure, though. ;)

2W1ZHpA.jpg
EU-Support-Guild (no ingame management)
Join [CoR] Nov 23th-Dec 14th (or
any other guild) to get a 25% discount on the next game bundle you buy!
Join - Discord Channel 

14 minutes ago, jtoddcoleman said:

we can't just "flip a switch" and change siege schedules on a moments notice..

Is it then please something you will look at for : Future campaigns, cause for the rest of the testing period of Crowfall this issue -will- persist to present a problem.  There are plenty of choices to choose from to accomodate both NA and EU gameplay, and both NA and EU players want to be on the same server.. but with the same "options available" for gameplay.

We realize that opening a 2nd server is a here and now option.  Thank you.

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

19 minutes ago, jtoddcoleman said:

Here is my only request: since we're not going to concentrate folks down to one location, it would be very helpful if you guys would try to log in during siege windows to increase the load so that we can still get the testing that we need.   Server performance testing is critical to us being ready for beta, and I want us to get to beta as soon as possible.

You did understand why ppl want the EU-Campaign, right? Cuz OF THE SIEGEWINDOWS being for euros arround 3-5 AM, depending on where you are. So it doesnt really matter if there is only a NA or a EU+NA Campaign, Euros will most likely not be ABLE to participate in the NA-sieges. Timezones are actually not only a myth

2 minutes ago, Makuza said:

You did understand why ppl want the EU-Campaign, right? 

The EU campaign will have siege windows centered on EU prime time, as they always have. 

We're asking for players in both regions to try and log in to their servers during their respective siege windows, so we can get more player concurrency and see how the servers hold up.

Todd

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

NA only campaigns will result  in you getting less data.  You put up an EU campaign then you get a similar amount of data split across two server instances and you can get a relatively even way of seeing when/where your code falls down/doesn't work.

I honestly don't see why you persist with this "EVERYONE LOG ON TO THE NA CAMPAIGN GUYZ" argument.  The time for this was when it was on the test server, and we did that and gave you that data to make improvements.  Now that you've deemed it good enough for live you can at least collect data from two separate instances, If your tooling is sub-par and doesn't allow you to collect from multiple DBs/Instances then I can recommend a few dozen people who can help you with that.

Please put up both EU and NA campaigns on live, you'll end up with more data.

Additionally, you will not get the "heavy server load" data you want from trying to herd people onto a single server during certain windows at this point.  Until a significant performance increase is made client-side there is no way that people will be able to take part meaningfully in the type of fights you want to test.  My guild would *LOVE* and I do mean *LOVE* to take part in huge fights, but the simple fact of the matter is that even 10v10 fights turn clientside performance into a powerpoint presentation where its simply not enjoyable.

If you want us to help you with this testing then you need to look a lot harder at the things that are preventing or disincentivizing us from doing so.