Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wrain

UPDATED REVIEW..where are we??? Not far.. and its sad. :(

Posted (edited)

Well its been roughly another year and decided to post another review on the games shortcomings and direction.  This is of course my opinion and I want to thank the Dev's for ALLOWING feedback vs just erasing posts they disagree with.

I'm gonna keep this one short and to the point.  As usual, this game is a BUSINESS and its primary goal is to make INCOME.  As I stated on my previous reviews in the past year(s), without money, you have NO game.  

Where to start.  This game is still a mess.  I'll say it again and again.  This game should have NEVER left its Shadowbane roots.  And before all the naysayers jump in with the typical "ITS NOT SHADOWBANE".  Feel free to type in kickstarter crowfall.  Take a look at the ORIGINAL vision of this game and layout.  Hell, even the STARTING rune selection WAS SHADOWBANE.

We have classes that are bland, boring, and to be quite honest some of the skills are just copy/paste from other game(s) mmo's.  (even some of the skill NAMES!)

1.  Why do ALL the classes feel mundane.  No flashy "wow!" skills, no real sense of growth...just "+ att power this, +con this, reduction on this..I feel no "joy" at reaching 30 because honestly..its the same "feeling" I had at lvl 10.  There's nothing in the tree's that make me really THINK about where to go with my build.

2.  Disciplines runes....BORING. Bland, lifeless. They are SOOOO minor...and the "few" that actually are good are just OP to the point where people HAVE to have it on their toon.  There is NOTHING wrong with having some "class breaking" mechanics/runes in a game.  Shadowbane did great at this!!! I remember my buddy going full Barbarian and if he ran into a flying class...he RAN..He couldn't do an thing!  (but man did he tear it up melee/sieges)

3.  Most of the class choices are flat...Why is a champion unable to use a 2h sword??? Why not give that to a "barbarian" tree to "specialize" and make him unique..Why is the templar no matter what tree he goes down..still feels like a PALADIN!!!  Wheres the burning dots! Where the FIRE effects...why is he  a PALADIN!!!

Fixes:

1. Lets us BREAK our characters!!! That was 90% of the fun in Shadowbane was FAST leveling allowing us to make hybrid builds, pure builds, groups of us all speccing into just WEIRD crap and pulling off nutty stuff....This game feels like a bland World of Warcraft with NO lore...:(  REMOVE STAT CAPS!!!  Why do you feel the need to prevent us from doing what WE want too???

2. Continue the NO MORE FOCUS on crafting...We have ENOUGH!  Get the UI straightened out, get the game "smooth" and go back to crafting 2 years or so...I have ZERO friends now interested in this game and they all played Shadowbane...They are done, they wont even touch this.

3. Give the trees some serious flexibility...put in a "CD" Game-changer ULT at the end of EACH tree line that really REALLY makes that choice ground-breaking...I just feel like i'm running around playing a bland bland action combat mmo......for instance..try some new stuff thinking way outside the box...If thats too much work right now...then please just make GOOD STRONG INTERESTING DISCIPLINES!!!

All the crazy stuff that used to go on in Shadowbane...this is just a "shell" of what once was...I still have my big strategy guide of Shadowbane just listing sooo many runes..builds..stats..lore...it was ahead of its time...its just such a shame the publisher forced their hand into pushing it out too soon...(sb.exe error anyone???)

J. Todd Coleman will always be in my top 3 of designers...the work he did with his team and the memories he gave me are for life.  I'm just saddened that this "project" is so far off what once was.  I know this will "never" be Shadowbane...but the groundwork" IS there...it just needs to be really opened up.

I've gone ahead and listed some things below...ideas..thoughts, changes.  I hope with all my heart this game comes to fruition.  For us its a game, for the developers its their "career".  I want this game to flourish...but simply logging into a game with these #'s...its saddening.  I see old shadowbane guilds running around...But when you have a "alpha/beta" game about to be opening up..and the reviews are nothing great throughout youtube and gaming sites..its really bothers me.  I believe in the team...I just hope its not too late.

Wrain

1.  Revamp Disciplines...if the classes are going to be just "base-line"..MAKE the disciplines create the "players choice" class.

2. You are allowing the lil "rat" to wear plate and knight it up..but a human cannot be a champion???  no 2h swords on a champion?? huh??? cmon...this is just weird. Race/class changes moved around a bit.

3. Have DEDICATED timers with discipline drops like you did in SB.  Announce in world chat and have us go "fight" and camp for them again..THATS PVP with reason!!!

4. Marketplace, marketplace, marketplace....You really gotta open this up for people and make it EZ for shopping/selling.  Alot of players dont pvp..they are into economy/crafting.

5. Better END-game ults/passives/class defining abilities... For instance..Champion: Barbarian tree...allow him to use a 2h sword...Racials? Allow FLYING for a limited time for our flyer(s) now/future.  Have other classes have to disclpine for grounding/rangers for grounding..FORCE BUILDS AND ROCK/PAPER/SCISSORS. This balancing for 1v1 is what causes NO-GROUPING AND NO TEAMWORK! ;(

That's my rant...I'll do another in the next 3-6 months.  I'll continue trying to get players to take a look at this games direction and end game goals.. I wish nothing but the best for Crowfall...but Its needs some MAJOR changes and I "still" believe in this project/art. (I don't have a single class yet that feels "unique" or good to me yet...they just feel like "so-so"s from all the other mmo's i've played since 1990.

P.S...And the compass...MOVE IT!!! You have a GREAT seasonal UI in the bottom right corner...move the compass OVER it in a curved/arc fashion..will fit beautifully!!!

Edited by Wrain

Posted (edited)

Sadly i have to agree with the majority of your points, however as you said it is not a lost cause all the foundation is all ready here and more.

Everything of what you mention is fixable within a reasonable time table except class and disciplines this one will take ages if you want to get the feel of shadowbane cause as you mention classes feel mundane and boring.

I believe that they are trying so hard to create balanced classes that have completed missed the part that the gameplay should be actually fun.

Every single skill if not redesigned should be buffed to be much more impactful instead of nurfed.

Mages extreme dmg / extreme squishiness

Rogues extreme dmg / extreme squishiness

Extremes and unbalanced gameplay on occassion will always be more fun from what we have currently.

Edited by TheMadEmperor

Posted (edited)

Thanks guys, I'm not trying to bash the game and tear it down...I REALLY care and want this game to succeed...I appreciate your commentary and feedback.  I feel somehow/somewhere along the lines the "devs" wanted to REVAMP something that wasn't broken in the first place.  The ENGINE is what failed SB...nothing else.

And yes MadEmperor..the foundation IS there.. :)

I'm hoping they read thru some of this stuff and realize that pulling a "Robert Garriott" from Ultima Online to Shrouded Isles...or the fiasco of "Camelot Unchained" from DAOC, (dont get me started)..WILL NOT WORK!!! (don't believe me? Go take a look at those "projects" and their #'s and commentary)

Stick with nostalgia..keep the player base you once had who ORIGINALLY supported this project..Alot of us have kids...If us old people play..the kids will begin to pay interest..and thus we have a giant incoming population...But veering sooo far from this original plan IMO is just missing the mark by a mile.

Wrain

Edited by Wrain

Posted (edited)

Bro, although I like some of your ideas, you put too much on the plate at a time...

And all these fluffy sentiments about Shadowbane and MMOs from 1990... c'mon it is 2020 already. Time will never go back, it moves only forward. So get over it.

If you really want to help Crowfall, leave 1 feedback at a time, please. Nobody wants to read about your tender feelings to the game which was popular 20 years ago. Now it is Crowfall, a different game.

Finally, do you want ACE to brake everything what they've built now and start from scratch or what? If that is you intention, then go ahead and donate/invest another 15M$ into Crowfall and then do whatever you want with it.

Otherwise, your sentiments worth nothing. The suggestions are unrealistic. Other players test the game, leave their feedback every week, help developers to promote Crowfall, create content, spend hours playing. But you just come here and just basically say: "the game is mostly crap unless ACE rebuilds it entirely and makes a Shadowbane 2.0". This is not gonna happen. Just face it.

Edited by SAM_BUKA

I have never claimed any leadership positions in DIS. I express my own thoughts and opinions.

1 hour ago, SAM_BUKA said:

Bro, although I like some of your ideas, you put too much on the plate at a time...

And all these fluffy sentiments about Shadowbane and MMOs from 1990... c'mon it is 2020 already. Time will never go back, it moves only forward. So get over it.

If you really want to help Crowfall, leave 1 feedback at a time, please. Nobody wants to read about your tender feelings to the game which was popular 20 years ago. Now it is Crowfall, a different game.

Finally, do you want ACE to brake everything what they've built now and start from scratch or what? If that is you intention, then go ahead and donate/invest another 15M$ into Crowfall and then do whatever you want with it.

Otherwise, your sentiments worth nothing. The suggestions are unrealistic. Other players test the game, leave their feedback every week, help developers to promote Crowfall, create content, spend hours playing. But you just come here and just basically say: "the game is mostly crap unless ACE rebuilds it entirely and makes a Shadowbane 2.0". This is not gonna happen. Just face it.

Look, I understand that YOU like what the game currently is but you have to understand that this game is not what the original backers backed. We were pitched Shadowbane 2.0 and ended up with something closer to a Who's Line Is It Anyway? MOBA, where the math is made up and the choices don't matter. 

I'm not saying that the game has to be like Shadowbane or even that it isn't or won't be good. But we were told/sold that if we gave our money and time that we would get something similar. We are not going to get something similar. The current game is not Shadowbane inspired, it just has some Shadowbane themed easter eggs.

Half your posts are useless, telling people to not give their feedback because you think things are fine. ( I also agree that those posts asking for things to be radically changed are pointless too because its just not going to happen.) But maybe you can at least understand why some people who have been here for so long are this upset/jaded.

I  have 1000s of hours and 100s of dollars invested in this game. More often than not, the game just isn't fun or what I was looking for. But I have a lot of time, money and community invested into it. This is where the guys I've been playing with and against for the last 17  years are so this is where I'll be and I'll make the best out of it. Its that or go play WoW, right?

7 hours ago, Wrain said:

Couldn't agree more. My first thought was that you are actually a CF vet posting on an alt account to seem like you haven't been around.

aeei5jG.png

37 minutes ago, Yoink said:

Half your posts are useless, telling people to not give their feedback because you think things are fine. ( I also agree that those posts asking for things to be radically changed are pointless too because its just not going to happen.) But maybe you can at least understand why some people who have been here for so long are this upset/jaded.

At least I'm not the only one who thinks this. 

He's been playing for like a week and doesn't get it

7 hours ago, Wrain said:

Well its been roughly another year and decided to post another review on the games shortcomings and direction.  This is of course my opinion and I want to thank the Dev's for ALLOWING feedback vs just erasing posts they disagree with.

I'm gonna keep this one short and to the point.  As usual, this game is a BUSINESS and its primary goal is to make INCOME.  As I stated on my previous reviews in the past year(s), without money, you have NO game.  

Where to start.  This game is still a mess.  I'll say it again and again.  This game should have NEVER left its Shadowbane roots.  And before all the naysayers jump in with the typical "ITS NOT SHADOWBANE".  Feel free to type in kickstarter crowfall.  Take a look at the ORIGINAL vision of this game and layout.  Hell, even the STARTING rune selection WAS SHADOWBANE.

We have classes that are bland, boring, and to be quite honest some of the skills are just copy/paste from other game(s) mmo's.  (even some of the skill NAMES!)

1.  Why do ALL the classes feel mundane.  No flashy "wow!" skills, no real sense of growth...just "+ att power this, +con this, reduction on this..I feel no "joy" at reaching 30 because honestly..its the same "feeling" I had at lvl 10.  There's nothing in the tree's that make me really THINK about where to go with my build.

2.  Disciplines runes....BORING. Bland, lifeless. They are SOOOO minor...and the "few" that actually are good are just OP to the point where people HAVE to have it on their toon.  There is NOTHING wrong with having some "class breaking" mechanics/runes in a game.  Shadowbane did great at this!!! I remember my buddy going full Barbarian and if he ran into a flying class...he RAN..He couldn't do an thing!  (but man did he tear it up melee/sieges)

3.  Most of the class choices are flat...Why is a champion unable to use a 2h sword??? Why not give that to a "barbarian" tree to "specialize" and make him unique..Why is the templar no matter what tree he goes down..still feels like a PALADIN!!!  Wheres the burning dots! Where the FIRE effects...why is he  a PALADIN!!!

Fixes:

1. Lets us BREAK our characters!!! That was 90% of the fun in Shadowbane was FAST leveling allowing us to make hybrid builds, pure builds, groups of us all speccing into just WEIRD crap and pulling off nutty stuff....This game feels like a bland World of Warcraft with NO lore...:(  REMOVE STAT CAPS!!!  Why do you feel the need to prevent us from doing what WE want too???

2. Continue the NO MORE FOCUS on crafting...We have ENOUGH!  Get the UI straightened out, get the game "smooth" and go back to crafting 2 years or so...I have ZERO friends now interested in this game and they all played Shadowbane...They are done, they wont even touch this.

3. Give the trees some serious flexibility...put in a "CD" Game-changer ULT at the end of EACH tree line that really REALLY makes that choice ground-breaking...I just feel like i'm running around playing a bland bland action combat mmo......for instance..try some new stuff thinking way outside the box...If thats too much work right now...then please just make GOOD STRONG INTERESTING DISCIPLINES!!!

All the crazy stuff that used to go on in Shadowbane...this is just a "shell" of what once was...I still have my big strategy guide of Shadowbane just listing sooo many runes..builds..stats..lore...it was ahead of its time...its just such a shame the publisher forced their hand into pushing it out too soon...(sb.exe error anyone???)

J. Todd Coleman will always be in my top 3 of designers...the work he did with his team and the memories he gave me are for life.  I'm just saddened that this "project" is so far off what once was.  I know this will "never" be Shadowbane...but the groundwork" IS there...it just needs to be really opened up.

I've gone ahead and listed some things below...ideas..thoughts, changes.  I hope with all my heart this game comes to fruition.  For us its a game, for the developers its their "career".  I want this game to flourish...but simply logging into a game with these #'s...its saddening.  I see old shadowbane guilds running around...But when you have a "alpha/beta" game about to be opening up..and the reviews are nothing great throughout youtube and gaming sites..its really bothers me.  I believe in the team...I just hope its not too late.

Wrain

1.  Revamp Disciplines...if the classes are going to be just "base-line"..MAKE the disciplines create the "players choice" class.

2. You are allowing the lil "rat" to wear plate and knight it up..but a human cannot be a champion???  no 2h swords on a champion?? huh??? cmon...this is just weird. Race/class changes moved around a bit.

3. Have DEDICATED timers with discipline drops like you did in SB.  Announce in world chat and have us go "fight" and camp for them again..THATS PVP with reason!!!

4. Marketplace, marketplace, marketplace....You really gotta open this up for people and make it EZ for shopping/selling.  Alot of players dont pvp..they are into economy/crafting.

5. Better END-game ults/passives/class defining abilities... For instance..Champion: Barbarian tree...allow him to use a 2h sword...Racials? Allow FLYING for a limited time for our flyer(s) now/future.  Have other classes have to disclpine for grounding/rangers for grounding..FORCE BUILDS AND ROCK/PAPER/SCISSORS. This balancing for 1v1 is what causes NO-GROUPING AND NO TEAMWORK! ;(

That's my rant...I'll do another in the next 3-6 months.  I'll continue trying to get players to take a look at this games direction and end game goals.. I wish nothing but the best for Crowfall...but Its needs some MAJOR changes and I "still" believe in this project/art. (I don't have a single class yet that feels "unique" or good to me yet...they just feel like "so-so"s from all the other mmo's i've played since 1990.

P.S...And the compass...MOVE IT!!! You have a GREAT seasonal UI in the bottom right corner...move the compass OVER it in a curved/arc fashion..will fit beautifully!!!

On top of all this city building needs work and siege schedules need to go. And passive training needs  reworked

Do remember though that the disciplines we've been playing with are old, they already said that there's gonna be a pass on them. Plus there will be new ones. 

And the discipline thralls are better than SB dedicated ones Imo , they just need to add them to the events tab

A lot of character customization can go into the passive training too

Posted (edited)

I gotta agree with OP.

There is really no customization at all at the moment. All classes are pretty much forced into playstyles. And considering how low TTK is most fights are all about doing more damage. Just look at group fights, it is about ganging up on anyone who dares to not be at full health.

The passive tree is just bad. As in, I cant believe how bad it is.

We need at least double major discs. All of them in a 'usable' state. I'd say stuff like minors should just be as many as they can come up with. I have acess to 4 minor slots and found myself simply not having any minor I wanted to slot in my last 2. Ended up getting defensive like minors so I am not dead in under 30 secs.

Edited by BarriaKarl

8 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

C'mon, guys. Posting in another person feeedback to say his feedback is useless is really the  most useless thing a person can do.

It's not useless, in fact there are some rather good points.

The problem is, the tone, and even the title.  With a sensationalist title like the above, it doesn't scream to be noticed, it just becomes more noise that is easy to dismiss or even more importantly, requires the dev team to deal with a strong internal negative emotional response to simply ignore what appears to be hyperbolic hate at first glance. 

If I had a very limited time to review feedback, a title and first three paragraph tone like the above, "This game should have NEVER left its Shadowbane roots" would make me at least want to skip right over it like a resume with 3 spelling mistakes in the first sentence. 

If I read the salient points correctly, this is what I surmise the main point was.

Characters don't feel unique or powerful enough, especially in regards to what should be a capstone power. If you look at 5th ED D&D, capstone powers and distinguishing powers along the way literally define the character, while what CF has built does not.

They *feel* homogenous and very much the same, as basically level = DPS scaler, not real variety. 

That is actually a valid criticism.  There are differences that if you know how to use each class and have explored them are in fact there, it is just hard to get any sort of sense of that without direct experience.

But really, if you want to be read and your points to have the most impact, I would suggest dropping the click baity hyperbole. 

4 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

But really, if you want to be read and your points to have the most impact, I would suggest dropping the click baity hyperbole. 

I disagree on some level. If you want to have impact your post needs to be read by ACE and affect them emotionally or logically enough that they make a change in game design.

IMHO it really matters very little if other people here read the post.

All it takes is to 1) get JTodd or Tyrant, or Blair to read it and strike a chord.

Of course, they have to read it first, and clickbait titles get peoples attention. This guy here, the OP, may not care if any of us read this.

I get what you mean, it certainly could have been worded better. Things is, the guy is simply saying what is on his mind - this is not a email to his boss after all. Most of the time people will simply say what they want and having to see the point under the 'personal bias' is something whoever reads the suggestion thread at ACE needs to be good at.

Plus, this isnt the first time this sort of issue is raised. Deep down we all know most of these threads will never do anything. It isnt like the guys at ACE doesnt know the problems raised here, if anything them being clueless about such issues would be a serious disappointment.

We are in a point that they either will fix things anyway or they wont, ever.

I, for one, think the passive skill tree as it is today is bound to be a failure. It is just bad. It needs a major overhaul. But do I think they will fix it? No. They certainly seem up to trying to make it less worse if the shuffling we saw around is anything to go by. But they will probably not do a major overhaul so late in the game.

Posted (edited)

WE WANT TO SHOW!

WE DON'T WANT TO PLAY ON A GAME because it is not bad.

WE WOULD LIKE TO PLAY BECAUSE IT'S AWESOME, Amazing ...

we want to see the whole class because are strong in the world map

rager alpha warrior boatman = 48%

SLAYER Remote: 40%

acher frustrated sins frustrated and perhaps confessor and frost12%

No thanks, See you soon BETA

YES ACE CAN!

Edited by Zankara

0i9d.png

6 minutes ago, Zankara said:

WE DONT WANT PLAY ON A GAME because is not bad.

This is a great statement. 

I can say I agree a lot on this original post. 

Most classes don't feel incredibly unique or interesting to me. Also doesn't help that all race armor is the same regardless of class. And when you branch off into sub classes, they are pretty much the same play style just bonuses in different areas, unless you go healer vs dps or something. 

There is a lot needed to make this game great. It has potential, I still love playing it. But hopefully things get addressed and we can help create a great game. 

1 hour ago, yianni said:

This idea I would love. Make the end of the tree a sub class ult, that is unique and powerful. 

9 hours ago, Wrain said:

Fixes:

Wrain

I don't agree with removing stat caps.  Stat caps allow the developers to keep balance without worrying about adding things that are to powerful.  To me skill caps allows the dev teams to be more creative.  Example they add a random event in the world where the moon turns red for a week and everyone gets 1000 attack power.   They can add stuff like that without worrying that the player who managed to get 50,000 attack power will become even more stronger.

As for siege windows.  The purpose is to stop late night capping which happens all the time in games with no siege windows, and focus huge groups to engage in the sieges, making it a big event, instead of just waiting for the defenders to log off. 

I played ark for a while and we had a fortress that got attacked.  We stayed up very late defending it, and actually won, but we couldn't stay up forever.  So they just came back later and destroyed the fort while we were offline.  With a siege windows we could have had time to prepare for the next siege.  And if the other guild wanted to stop us, they could attack us outside while we gather materials for defense.

Siege windows just adds more to the strategy game, then "Hey their a sleep, attack!". 

I still love the random small squad pvp moments in this game and this was the part the developers was hard to get right.

Now since they managed to get this right i have faith that they can improve everything else.

I never played shadow bane, but being a nerd who loves high fantasy who was playing games like arma2 DayZ, ark, rust and every flavor or copy of open world PVP survival game I got sold on full loot, base building, territory control, politics, and no firehose healing.  They have missed most of these marks for me personally but I can understand the reasons for many of the ways they have diverted.  You old crows loved shadow-bane but history remembers it as a failure and I believe the team wants their game to be successful ultimately. I have noticed that you SB players are the git gud kind of players, try to play that way myself.  You play to win and most of the time do win.  So i think the things that let you break the system and let you be a force greater than multiple of your enemies sounds incredibly appealing, but those same things are very unappealing to the 70% or more that are not winning and cannot win that minimum 30% required to not become discouraged and quit(The psychology of game theory and loss is pretty developed and verbose, but take my word for it or research it a bit yourself). More than anything I am not convinced that the murder hobos can be happy in a game that the casuals are also happy in.  

10 hours ago, Wrain said:

That said 2 is a very good example of something not broken that I would love them to introduce.  You make a ton of point's that really hit home for me and I agree with 100%   I only wish to offer countenance as to why I think we must identify as the murder hobo's what parts of the game we wanted we can concede and which part's cannot. Meaningful choice is one thing we cannot concede and must be in the game.

Too many forced choices in my talent trees, if you want majors and minors, and a promo class, yet to see why you would ever not do this so auto choices, this locks 37 of your 55 points automatically that you do not choose they are just the path you have to take to move forward.  Then you have 8 points available in your promo class that are almost always auto takes save 1-2 points so you maybe actually have 10 points you even choose where they go? That is not alot of choice at all, that coupled with 10+ DOA promo classes that offer nothing fun/unique/viable, looking at you especially CC classes.  Another issue I see is giving promo classes Type damage bonus.  Even on an assassin who can choose it's damage type( I agree that all physical should have this option)  you actually do not, your promo chooses your damage type for you.  So why even put damage type choice in the game if it is never actually a choice?  Poison major being tied to slashing and now piercing damage just limits it to cutthroat, dirge, and archer because no other promo class could ever possibly afford switching to piercing damage, if it even has the ability to do so.  So at the end of the day I choose 10 talent points, 3 of which I probably do not like choosing for w/e reason, then I choose between 1-2 class/damage type majors 2 or so generic attack discs, and the generic defensive ones. Then you choose the minors from a pool of 6  maybe 10 if you are a hybrid class that are worth using, most of the time you might actually struggle to choose one over the other, but the difference is not felt.  The game has so many things going on, and so many stats to manipulate, and all these fantastic pieces we could play with and manipulate.  However all of these different things in the game that force choices have removed the availability of even seeing if we could do something interesting.  

Short solutions, Remove the forced choice in talent trees, you give me 55 points, let me actually spend them, do not make long trees make wide trees.  Let me alt spec into a secondary promo class.  So much wasted choice potential by locking them out, reorganize them such that I cannot break the game doing it, more valuable points deeper in the tree, not enough points to get far into the tree.   Example: I have to spend 40 of my 55 talents to unlock promos, then with 15 talent points I need a minimum of 8 to spec far enough to hit my capstone so two capstones are impossible, I only have the 13 points in my promo so I can choose up to seven points in other trees, minimum of 2. verse my choices still available to me in my tree.   We need to remove CC stats from the game, or remove/change retaliate.  They should not exist in unison so please choose your poison and move on ACE.   We should have only one Disc for each damage type that is unique to it.  The rest should be more free-fitting.  I like that not everyone has access to everything.  However currently even things you gave me access to with my traits, I did not get to have access to in the end because of damage type requirements.  I really really would like it if we were given choices that helped in one way, but hurt in another.    

TL;DR

We have plenty of things programmed into the game, we just never actually are left any agency as the players to choose.  Lot's of horsepower in the system, but the wheel's are just spinning. 

-The Legion shall forever be reborn

qliewl5.png

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Yoink said:

I  have 1000s of hours and 100s of dollars invested in this game. More often than not, the game just isn't fun or what I was looking for. But I have a lot of time, money and community invested into it. This is where the guys I've been playing with and against for the last 17  years are so this is where I'll be and I'll make the best out of it. Its that or go play WoW, right?

I also invested about a 1'000 hours and 350+ dollars into Crowfall. I backed it up in 2017 because I liked the concept. I also understand that sometimes things are quite a bit different from what we imagine them to be. I also understand that the game is still in ALPHA. JTodd said that now they will push for BETA very hard and you can see that they do. In order to raise more money (beside those investments which they raise in the beginning of 2020) ACE need to start the monetization system to have a consistent money flow. When they have money flow they can go back to improving and changing the structure of the game. It is that simple. Even Amazon with the unlimited amount of money cannot do a decent MMO. And you expect WONDERS from a small indie studio which does not currently have any decent sources of income.

Again, I'll repeat this idea: "go ahead and donate/invest another 15M$ into Crowfall and then do whatever you want with it."

From my prospective, ACE management and staff are doing their job pretty well (not perfect, of course) if you consider the very limited amount of resources they have. The game IS fun for me and for my guild mates. It could be better - maybe. It needs further improvements and further work - of course it does. If you want to help make Crowfall better then keep providing your productive feedback consistently. This game use the help of community because otherwise they don't have enough resources to pay for in-depth testing. If you don't like this concept, then you can return to Crowfall after BETA or even after release.

But simply saying: "the game is crap and it needs to be rebuilt from the scratch" does not help at all. It only can demotivate other people.

10 hours ago, Yoink said:

Half your posts are useless, telling people to not give their feedback because you think things are fine.

P.S. You are mistaking, my friend. I have never advised people that. Conversely, I encourage everyone provide their feedback about Crowfall.

I simply think that whinning and complaining about your broken dream about the 'perfect game' from your imagination is counter-productive. If you expect the game to be 100% like you imagine it to be and if you have lost interest in the game you can just move on until you'll be ready to play Crowfall again. That's why I deeply respect HoA because they were never a "whinning and complaining" guild. I also respect Corvus Citadel because they are a consistent and brave group of people. They don't disband and stop playing if they lose a fight or two. On contrary, they only become stronger (unlike some other guilds).

Edited by SAM_BUKA

I have never claimed any leadership positions in DIS. I express my own thoughts and opinions.

9 hours ago, yianni said:

At least I'm not the only one who thinks this. 

He's been playing for like a week and doesn't get it

All people who like to complain a lot have a need to support each other. It seems like there will soon be a new guild called "Elders of Complaints". They will lose a fight and will put up a fight on the forums instead complaining that after 5 minutes in the game somebody has cut their heads.