Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guild's came together to mass a force strong enough to compete with what is considered the alpha guild of this DREGS. Just to drop siege equipment and start. Then we lost over 50% of our force to instant D/C. What ends up happening then is the people logging back in get kicked from hostile zone. To get ported back to a "friendly" zone which means the force is split and that part of the siege is lost. Really would like a mechanic to not let that happen. We have videos if they are needed. We 100% expected lag/delay a lot of slide showing with the force that was amassed, but for us to get kicked out of the game and then ported is a horrible mechanic. 

Thanks,

Sirk

Posted (edited)

Yeah, the issue with people disconnecting is not good. Probably ACE should look into this issue because this spoils the whole idea of the game.

Anyways, there were a lot of good fights tonight, guys. Thanks everyone!

Edited by SAM_BUKA

I have never claimed any leadership positions in DIS. I express my own thoughts and opinions.

1 hour ago, veeshan said:

if you log back in within 5 minutes of being kicked or logging off in hostile zone u shouldnt get booted back to safe zone.

Yes, needs to be a grace period (10m or whatever) where you login back where you were at when disconnected. 

Good stress test though! We pk'd the server :P

tiPrpwh.png

18 minutes ago, yianni said:

There used to be a grace period i'm not sure what happened to it 

I would imagine it was changed to help move player load when server starts disconnecting when overloaded.

2 hours ago, Sirktivo said:

Guild's came together to mass a force strong enough to compete with what is considered the alpha guild of this DREGS. Just to drop siege equipment and start. Then we lost over 50% of our force to instant D/C. What ends up happening then is the people logging back in get kicked from hostile zone. To get ported back to a "friendly" zone which means the force is split and that part of the siege is lost. Really would like a mechanic to not let that happen. We have videos if they are needed. We 100% expected lag/delay a lot of slide showing with the force that was amassed, but for us to get kicked out of the game and then ported is a horrible mechanic. 

Thanks,

Sirk

Agreed.  There needs to be a grace period considering the Internet happens sometimes.  Sucks to see good plans go to waste and awesome, game-defining moments get stolen due to oversights like this.

Yes, I think tonight's fight would have been one of the best Alpha fights. When we were all running in it was an awesome site. Unfortunately, we were all robbed of Valhalla or a glorious win. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Sirktivo said:

Yes, I think tonight's fight would have been one of the best Alpha fights. When we were all running in it was an awesome site. Unfortunately, we were all robbed of Valhalla or a glorious win. 

Not all of us were but that disconnect really hurt.

Also nerf frost guard and frost armor. I was able to run up to the wall, stay for a few minutes, and run back to trebs while taking multiple ballista shots. By multiple I mean 5 plus too.

A bonus though our guild used siege engineer in an actual siege tonight.

Lastly if anyone has video of the start I’d love to see it, we had a few recording but they had issues. Thanks goes out to LoD for the planning, and UxA, KGV, Trans, Minax, Wolf Haven and any others that showed up to bring the fight to Dis’s door step. We had new people that had never taken part in a legitimate siege that were in awe at what they saw last night.  Also thanks to Dis it was a hard fought battle as always even with the server issues.

Edited by Dakoth

I really liked seeing you all gathered up on that hill, was trying to count and figure out who all was there.  Was a really cool thing to see and nice work getting it organized and set up!  I am very sorry you guys Dced and things got messed up.  Was really hoping for that breach fight.  I just think it is great to see the guild's working with and against each other, exactly how the game is meant to be played!

-The Legion shall forever be reborn

qliewl5.png

Posted (edited)

A couple streamers were DCd seemed they were on potato PC's though.   Also see 5-7 between WH and UxA running back to temple portal, likely similar numbers at the other two temples.

DIS had 31 in comms, with 1 person solo trebbing another keep

Edited by mcfizzlestag

uXa had all of us DC.

There needs to be a 5-15 min grace period. OR let us be able to bind somewhere else, a keep or a fort, a claimed respawn outpost. The current way it is done, the defender gets the best advantage to a server crash.

Also there needs to be some sort of siege declaration against a fort/keep other than BAM everything is open for whom ever to start attacking the fort/keep. It needs to be like shadowbane, someone drops a rock, the defenders get to set the time that WORKS BEST FOR THE DEFENDERS, and the attackers need to place a stone and pay for it. Not this manbie pambie crap of everything going off at a time that benefits the west coasters the best.

"tell the world that it is the will of the gods that my Rome be head of all the world."

1 hour ago, mcfizzlestag said:

A couple streamers were DCd seemed they were on potato PC's though.   Also see 5-7 between WH and UxA running back to temple portal, likely similar numbers at the other two temples.

Winterblades showed up and eventually attacked UxA’s keep. Old habits die hard.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, weaponsx said:

There needs to be a 5-15 min grace period. OR let us be able to bind somewhere else, a keep or a fort, a claimed respawn outpost. The current way it is done, the defender gets the best advantage to a server crash.

12 hours ago, miraluna said:

Yes, needs to be a grace period (10m or whatever) where you login back where you were at when disconnected. 

I was thinking of the same thing at first but after a nights rest. Why even kick a player to a "safer zone." Chances are if the server crashes the player is going to try to get back into game instantly. Sure there will be times the player is tired of trying to get in the game and will just stop, if that's the case maybe push it out to an hour after D/C the player gets kicked back or after siege is completely over. But if the player logs out on their own accord they should log back in in that same position. Let the player decide and either pay for it or be able to log out in a position they deem critical. Now with the dark side of people exploiting a system not saying that was done during the siege but lets say my ALT P is on CD and i want an instant port back to temple, whats stopping the player from a quick auto log to get it? Some will say morals should stop the player from doing it but lets face it there needs to be some sort of mechanic that should.

Edited by Sirktivo

4 hours ago, mcfizzlestag said:

They definitely need to consider switching off VSync.

I have never claimed any leadership positions in DIS. I express my own thoughts and opinions.