Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LordofCake

5.115 LIVE Feedback for 6/30/20

please fix the patcher. getting old having to hit the wrench every single time. yes ive reinstalled teh game a couple of times in an effort to fix this. yes i run it as admin. never had this issue on the test client version of dregs.

Drop rate for green minors is terrible. Race specific drops for minors is terrible because there isnt every race mob camps every campaign . Either buff the green drop on minors considerably or let us upgrade from white again and just remove the vendor, or add it to crafting  .  Need more ways to get the green minors other than cheifs and kings which can be camped by uncle bob. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Darkstar412 said:

Drop rate for green minors is terrible. Race specific drops for minors is terrible because there isnt every race mob camps every campaign . Either buff the green drop on minors considerably or let us upgrade from white again and just remove the vendor, or add it to crafting  .  Need more ways to get the green minors other than cheifs and kings which can be camped by uncle bob. 

Green minors should replace the white minor drops in dregs.

White minor become pointless once u hit the dregs because your looking to upgrade vessels at that point.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Remove resurrection sickness. Why even give us a rez if you throw a debuff. If you manage to get a rez off mid combat you should be rewarded not penalized, as we are already taking the time out to cast the spell to begin with. Most healers don't even have it on their bar for this reason. Druids can because of the multibar of course, but others are limited and the circle for frostweaver rez is incredibly small in comparison. 

The events tab. No names should be given, if you are going to waste the harvesters/runners time by announcement of someone picking up a pig and that's it, not anytime the dumb pig gets stuck on some unknown terrain bug. Make the hunter watching the tab run even if it's not someone they want to kill or announce that maybe a guard spotted someone then the hunter can then become the hunted. It should work both ways. 

The entire fort and keep building system revolves around these caravans. The resource cost vs reward for fort is just plain dumb especially on 4 and 7 day campaign. Scale it to length of campaign or something. 

We asked for stats on gear, you added more grind here. I can see spending that many minerals on a philosopher's stone, but not armor that's going degrade quickly with heavy pvp even if worn as "Sunday clothes" 

Siege times. People from all over the world play this game at all hours of the day and night. Siege times need to be staggered to reflect that. I know this is alpha, I understand now it doesn't matter but beta and beyond if we get there it will. 

fps is still terrible, where are these performance upgrades that were promised? Eu siege was not fun for most of us poor peasants that cant afford these new super rigs¬†ūü§£

Can you please leave up infected? I had no idea it was coming down this time or the last and I left my vendor up and it used almost all of the gold in my coffers without selling a single thing nor did my vendor go into my inventory so I could place it in the campaign.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, rockboozehound said:

Can you please leave up infected? I had no idea it was coming down this time or the last and I left my vendor up and it used almost all of the gold in my coffers without selling a single thing nor did my vendor go into my inventory so I could place it in the campaign.

They really need to come up with a centralized location instead of vendors everywhere.  One searchable database/auction house instead. The vendors currently in God's reach that are all empty or just a waste of space and time. As if this game isn't enough of a time sync running to vendors in three temples to not find what you are looking for. 

Edited by Nueby

So my biggest critique of the game at this point in time is that you guys seem to have forgotten or are intentionally ignoring the solo player and small group dynamic. The lack of self heals in the game is something that needs to be addressed in my opinion. The classes that can self heal have almost 0 damage or have to sacrifice their heals in order to do damage and the classes that do damage have very few self heals or in combat heals. I used the skill burning hatred to try to combat this some but heal is almost non existent and not worth the risk of getting in a players face to grab the heal. Maybe just lose the orb all together and heal the player. It would make it far more useful. Reassess after that if the heal is still too weak. 

The game is coming along nicely. I just hope you show us solo/ small group guys some love. Zergs already have such an advantage with the ability to craft things that I will only be able to purchase when and if they are for sale for a price that isnt ridiculous.

Thanks

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nueby said:

They really need to come up with a centralized location instead of vendors everywhere.  One searchable database/auction house instead. The vendors currently in God's reach that are all empty or just a waste of space and time. As if this game isn't enough of a time sync running to vendors in three temples to not find what you are looking for. 

Why not add a bazaar map in addition to gods reach/infected that just has a large area with alot of vendor slots in for people like 200+  vendor slots. They can remove it after inferstructure there for EK merchant cities.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

6 minutes ago, veeshan said:

Why not add a bazaar map in addition to gods reach/infected that just has a large area with alot of vendor slots in for people like 200+  vendor slots. They can remove it after inferstructure there for EK merchant cities.

That works too, but they need to circumvent one person buying all the slots. This has been a problem since they allowed the merchant bazaar in the old CW. Now limited spots in God's reach, the Zerg just zergs everything.  Each guild should have allotted slots available as the economy shouldn't be locked down by one player or guild. 

I just wanted to share, as someone who has been away from the game for a while, I was drawn back to explore the new player experience.I only played for about 10 minutes, but wanted to share initial feedback, as it actually led me quit.

1. I have a GTX 1080, and the game was running at around 35 fps at 3440x1440 (my native resolution). The game looked pretty terrible, and it looked like basically all settings were turned off. When I changed graphics settings to Very High, the game dropped to about 20fps, and was running at basically a slideshow when I left town. It looked like in particular all the flaming torches and perhaps the grass outside were destroying my framerate to where it was basically unplayable (this is where I quit).
  2. I appreciate the angular, simple UI, but felt the HUGE Press E for confirmation and other UI elements felt excessively chunky and unfinished.
  3. Putting myself in the mind of a new player, I feel like the original experience should be even more streamlined. Walking from the big earth dude to the trainer was a long walk, past a humongous amount of icons floating on my screen that had no meaning (I'm assuming those are vendors?). In my mind, ideally a new player experience should be very focused and self-contained and not expose the player to a huge amount more functionality or content before they're aware of what it is.
  4. I started the game with a few abilities and daggers in my inventory, but no element of the tutorial instructed me how to set those up or use them, I was just told to go kill wolves (and had to assume they were outside town), but was completely unequipped with no powers on my bar.
  5. In almost all games you can access the "Quit" functionality by hitting escape. When I hit escape, it brought up my inventory etc. I even went to the Settings icon (The gear), which again would be a normal place to find quit/logout, but couldn't find it, I had to notice the small icons in the lower left.

I've been intentionally largely staying away from testing Crowfall until the big picture game together, and I am very excited about what I feel is a much needed polished tutorial to introduce new players to the game, but definitely feel like some more work has to be done even on this initial part and the game performance overall until it can be considered a smooth onboarding experience.

Posted (edited)

Playing classes with range and melee tree can be a pain swapping trays sometimes in combat cause it cant swap while ur in mid animation so it always feels delayed or frustrting at times to swap, if possible can we get tray swaps cancel animation or action you were doing to instantly swap would make the game feel smoother imo.
This might just be a high ping problem i know in Australia i can be there mashing my swap tray key like 10 times before it swaps trays while getting meleed in the face while your trying to swap of ranged to melee :(

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

my 50 cents (list is much bigger but I remember only this) about strange solutions with economy

1) caravans. this way is to fast to get blue+ resources without any effort. I don't know how it will be with 2k ppl on the server but current semiafk morning routes are pretty much free.

result -> real gathering regular ore nodes are useless. no need to do lvling gathering except for some1 who will get foreman or something for gems/minerals.

2) rank on nodes in Dregs. r9-r10. not sure it is ok after wipe with current crow lvling. GR and infected are almost safe to farm and you can do it solo/duo. on Dregs you can't touch it with any profit with full inventory drop if get ganked. only mother nodes are usefull.

3) 6d Dregs duration. poorly made dergs on players imo. give us free unexported resources only for building if you wanna test buildings and sieges. or make campaingh longer if you want to players test it. else you will never test it coz hell NO I will repeat building keep again like a slave ūüėÉ for... nothing.

4) exports/imports/vault size. does it was modeled to force ppl to unlock more characters slots or buy more accounts for free slot spaces? half of my evening burned in the game called "inventory management". login this, logout here, remember which character have in inventory this... also there are way too much trash and

5) ancients. exploitable. dunno you fix it  or not. but respawn time sometimes are pretty much instant.

6) kings/chiefs loot is very random and does not worth compared to lootboxes which over 20 on the map with almost no CD. you can get purpule or very decent blue solo without any action even inside the GR. good luck on doing economy and forcing to craft something on the server start with such mechanics. this is out of control atm.

remove lootboxes or make it only low tier green max. getting 22str blue weapon out of it in safe zone is something wrong while getting from the chief epic with no stats on it.

7) embargo and win condition? is it works? winning gives nothing.

8 )  infinite god's buffs. fix it. persistent even betweens EU and NA Dregs if you get it bugged.

9) green+ minors. droprate is terrible. while we can farm pretty much any major souls in one evening, minors are almost impossible. this mean I won't equip green+ vessel.

10) make books are stackable if they have full durability

11) vendors and silence shutdowning GR maps. losing vendor with alot on em without any info is not something ppl can like I think.

overall market system is something strange right now.

12) events. this future is nice... for active pvp. but it is also abusable in terms of bots. ppl will take a PC, bought 3 account and put multiwindow inside 3 most active zones and... parce events and put it to the web site. whole clan can get notice on where are enemies or king respawn.

I can write a bot to do this, why can't others?

13) ontop of p12 flat CD on the key mobs (captains, chiefs, kings, etc) is something terrible. especially flat place they respawn.

Edited by makkon

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: rangefall

Discord makkon#8550

talking about time gates and grind:

First off, the players were complaining about the time gate: passive training, and that it takes too long for crafters to become viable. ACE reworked the Majors, which  helps reducing the time gate somewhat. That helped, but now we have other time gates generated within the last couple patches.

Exploration discs: the drop rate has been reduced, it takes more effort/time/grind to get these now. But it feels okay. They do drop from time to time. Still the grind increased.

Next step on useful crafting is getting crafting gear/vessel/minors. Minors became the new bottleneck. First off we got a dreg without any wartribe bosses at all. Now we get a dreg with mainly enbarri bosses, who can be farmed within infected. Besides that we got a very small map with only a few different wartribe bosses. The droprate is discusting. I¬īve been killing a lot of chiefs now and got ~5-8 green minors and only 3 are useful. This has become a huge grind. And i killed these without any competition! As soon as we get more player and more serious guilds, they will just put a lock down on the 2-4 wartribe camps with bosses and no one else will be able to touch these. The terrible droprate plus only few possibilities to get them plus upcoming competition combined will make it impossible for casual or even hardcore small guilds to craft useful high quality vessel! The difference between guilds, who are strong enoguh (i mean numbers) to control wartribe bosses and therefore get useful vessel and the rest will be enormous. No one will be able to challenge a fight from there on against these, doesn¬īt matter what kind of gamer god you are.

You told us, that Crowfall will not become another grindy game. It should have been possible to get into competitive gear/equipment etc.. within a reasonable time. Its a different story for the top notch gear, I totally understand that it should take a lot of effort to get these last %. At the moment there are a couple steps within the progress of the game, which can only be obtained by grinding and being part of a dominant party. Even then...100 people farming for 2-5 being equipped?

Suggestions:

Maybe bring back the uprgade from white disciplin on foreward. There are a couple gold sinks within the game now, so decisions have to be made anyways. Maybe only for crafting disciplins at least?

Or remove white discipline drops from the loottable in dregs and make it green and better (I have literally killed 3 chiefs in a row now and have become 0 green minors...). Elite should drop them too, so smaller guilds have a chance to obtain quality minors.

At the moment the better crafting majors become obsolete, because we cant use them to their full potentiall without minors. So we would have had the time for proper passive training anyways, if we take on the grind for coloured minors -.-

Sometimes it feels, the view of ACE is kinda narrowed/focussed down on some goals, which needs to be tested (understandable), but the complexity of the game (harvesting + crafting + pvp + winning conditions) doesn¬īt allow this. As a player i am experiencing the game in many ways, not only during siege time. And if only ~20% of my game time is getting attention the rest might become a¬†pain in the ass and i loose the motivation/fun. Maybe take your time between dregs, and put in some things for everyone (at least each wartribe a camp e.g.) even though you only want to test sieges.

kind regards

one of your game loving testers. (and yes the game is awesome and has become better and better, so I am confident you guys will make good decisions)