Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Don't Hate On The New Forum Members!

snowmizer

We were all once new to CrowFall...and had questions...so no need to be pricks to new players asking questions!

Yes, there are FAQ's, and yes, they should go read them, but the time it takes to type "read the FAQ's" followed by an insult, you probally could have actually helped him/her!

The more interest In the game....the more pledges...

The more pledges, the faster the game starts...

The faster the game starts, the faster my castles gold hoard grows ????

"Be nice...until the time comes, to not be nice" - Road House

dulpoa76627.png

From a different thread and aimed towards the "carebears are coming eeeep! approach to the boards" -  relevant:

Calm down folks - if you don't like a post just don't participate.  Those of us that are able to entertain an idea without agreeing with it will go through the boards and deal with the people who are in shell shock from the lack of healers and no raids. 

They're not going to change the game, you don't have to defend the game, the game and the devs are just fine, and all you'll do is scare away your prospective prey. 

You're like hunters running through the woods shouting at the deer to stop getting in the line of sight to your practice targets.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

I am new here.  But I did take the time to read and watch the videos and educate myself.

But then again, some people are feeling a time crunch (not anymore since all the reduced priced kickstarter packages are gone) and want answers straight away.

I can see it from both sides.

This thread is stupid. People will post what they want, where they want, and how they want regardless. But, custard peoples feelings if they can't handle a little adversity on the forums-theyll be the first ones to quit when their pixels disappear.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

indeed, if you have time to complain but you know all the answers then answer it or link it or you STFU :wub:

to imagine reduced price went to someone that had nothing better to do that day....

have a good whatever . B)

I think a lot of us have just been lurking.

I signed up day one, threw $225 at the game this morning, and made my first post shortly after.

I did the same thing! Signed up shortly after you could and basically waited for more information to be released to have some good discussions with. Swung by the Kickstarter today and pledged and am now immersing myself in the community.

One guy this morning literally took more time uploading his avatar than he did reading the site. We're going to get another 50 threads about dungeons before the KS campaign is over. People need to use the search tools.

Really only a few choices here:

-Link them the answers (they'll still argue with you)

-The mods use their powers for good and merge threads

-The devs answer them (not likely, they've already answered it)

-We flame them

-We ignore them

It sounds like #5 is the expected response. I'm not sure how telling most of us (coz in reality it's only 2 gaming communities doing the flaming) to go sit in a subforum dungeon is beneficial to us. We've sat in that dungeon for the last 45 days battling wizards, tr0lls, twitch demons, and a giant monkey.

Dude lands on the forum, registers an account, takes a dump on the game, and I'm supposed to go back to my cage?

Greatest post on Crowfall ever!

Too funny!

beleive it or not but some idiot reported me for it and i got a warning for the greatest post on Crowfall ever. i think I am going to post about it in the "bizzare facts about yourself" thread.

Edited by rajah

beleive it or not but some idiot reported me for it and i got a warning for the greatest post on Crowfall ever. i think I am going to post about it in the "bizzare facts about yourself" thread.

We need headlight to break out his old sig where the a Wiz 1010  person said that he was NOT going to argue his point (over PvE) with him but report him 

We need headlight to break out his old sig where the a Wiz 1010  person said that he was NOT going to argue his point (over PvE) with him but report him 

Ah. dang, what was that guy's name. I didn't think people used the report but anymore

(actually I did just to see what was done about personal attacks)

But i like being his sig. :‘(

Ah. dang, what was that guy's name. I didn't think people used the report but anymore

(actually I did just to see what was done about personal attacks)

His name was Jesse, have not seen him in forever.

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

I don't quite know how to say this without hurting anyone's feelings but the forums have been and will be changing.

So the good ol' "they better learn to like the hate here before they get it in game" approach might not have the staying power it once did.

I can appreciate and respect the love of hate that some players have but it does not change the fact that new posts will enrage you and take valuable time from your actual guildbuilding, pvp awesome skill improving and strategizing.

Unless you're just planning on remaining so bored that the only fun you have is in being enraged.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

I wonder if you are taking into consideration the "forumbane" aspect of the game?   From what I understand , that was part of it all.  Tully even alluded to it very early on.  The political aspects are fought out here, not in game.    Things might get better or they might get worse, depends on whose lens you are seeing through.

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"