Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Men and women who stand in circles


Recommended Posts

Hello everyone o/

I had an idea that would probably not be too difficult to implement but may profoundly shape the relationship between players and different territories.  Give guilds a %damage/%mitigation bonus related to the %control they have of a given zone.

Currently, when it works, we can see an approximation for control in each territory of the world map shown below.  Alliances actively vying for dominance would essentially split the damage and defensive buffs associated with their zones, while others with no current stake in it would get no such advantages.
  unknown.png
This would probably help to carve out real territory lines where alliances attempt to control as much of their zones as possible to ensure in zone gatherers are able to fend off harassment from others while in their respective "safe havens".
From the hunters standpoint, this would mean that while you know you are at a disadvantage from going to a specific territory, you know you are more likely to find enemies of the given alliance in that zone.   And also, you would have the option to pursue more meaningful takeovers of zones over time to deny enemies that safe haven.

There are plenty of pros and cons to this, and I have only just outlined it.  I am looking for opinions regarding benefits of this system and pitfalls as well as any advice on how problems with such a system could be addressed.

One of the biggest problems with circle standing for control of territories is just that it seems pointless aside from arbitrary conquest points that no longer accurately depict overall campaign scoring.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems a little too Uncle Bob to give the dominant force even more power for controlling a zone.

Controlling a zone is already pretty beneficial as is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ZYBAK said:

Seems a little too Uncle Bob to give the dominant force even more power for controlling a zone.

Controlling a zone is already pretty beneficial as is.

Yeah it also doesn't really make sense.  What about this circle with 3 guards hanging out makes me stronger?  

 

I think it's better that it provides intel.  You can see when people are killing your guards, maybe even have the guards announce when they see someone even if they don't get killed.  I feel like outposts as-is are like 90% of the way there already in terms of that kind of tertiary usefulness.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Hungry said:

Yeah it also doesn't really make sense.  What about this circle with 3 guards hanging out makes me stronger?  

 

I think it's better that it provides intel.  You can see when people are killing your guards, maybe even have the guards announce when they see someone even if they don't get killed.  I feel like outposts as-is are like 90% of the way there already in terms of that kind of tertiary usefulness.

Outpost guards could probably be changed to announce when they engage players, but they are still easily circumvented.  I wouldn't give outposts much share of the "territory control" 

Keeps and forts - actual strongholds should carry the brunt of control for a zone.

Edited by Oaths
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Oaths said:

Outpost guards could probably be changed to announce when they engage players, but they are still easily circumvented.  I wouldn't give outposts much share of the "territory control" 

Keeps and forts - actual strongholds should carry the brunt of control for a zone.

They could easily set a 100 or 200 meter radius around a tile (or even just set an alert when someone enters the parcel the outpost controls) and just have the announcement happen there.  Why are these guards standing on this big lookout tower if not to look out anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Hungry said:

They could easily set a 100 or 200 meter radius around a tile (or even just set an alert when someone enters the parcel the outpost controls) and just have the announcement happen there.  Why are these guards standing on this big lookout tower if not to look out anyway.

That way they can tell us when they die.    In all seriousness though, they could put an internal cd to prevent it from spamming.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nueby said:

DAOC had a mechanic that would notify the guild that owned the forts if there were enemies in the area. The forts and keeps also had roaming guards that would provide intel to the provided guild/faction I believe. 

Would love to see roaming guards outside the fort "patrolling" possibly unlocked based of what A buildings you have and the rank of the fort (tone down the individual guard power and unlock more guards in more places as the rank rises)

Link to post
Share on other sites

uncle bobs can respawn inside the zone. almost immediately

non uncle bobs in the minority and also on death need to fly over several zones.

 

conclusion:  non-uncle-bobs should bring fun to bigger forces and you are also suggest to bring em more damage? non uncle bobs uninstalling this game.

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: rangefall

Discord makkon#8550

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...