Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
LordofCake

5.125 TEST Feedback for 7/23/20

5.125 TEST Patch Notes and Known Issues

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to TEST Bug Reports

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

1 minute ago, coolster50 said:

July 23, 2020

• Minotaur Ranger T-poses when in stealth
  • Can't loot outpost guards
  • Built a sentinel, but the sentinel didn't appear. The hippo just respawned and can't be interacted with
  • Can't tell the difference between Respawn Outposts and God Outposts from the map
  • All outpost tags say they're at A19Zigs9J.png
  • There's lag when opening the Details tab
  • Volatile Ice Weave does not hit it's target, it always misses even when used on top of the target
  • Ranger Gleeful Strike is called Controlled Intentions in the combat log, probably a holdover from when Controlled Intentions was it's own passive
  • The combat log does not report how much barrier Faerie Trap and Reactive Barrier gives anymore
  • Cleric Guard jumped to the roof after the Well of Eternity was ranked up gBHxGS2.png
  • Practice Dummy spawned on top of the Barracks at Rank 1 hC3RiiB.png
    • Reminder that you can't measure heals on full health Practice Dummies
  • Power Bar covers part of the chat window and Harvesting Pip UI
  • I feel like the Confirm button should be on the left, not the right
  • Fort chests infinitely spawn Timber
  • Recipes like Grind Minerals should not be able to flaw
  • Poor (gray) crafted weapons have 4 experimentation points per line, instead of the full 10 like all qualities
  • seems like 10/0 FX makes the meter go red. It goes red around 500 on LIVE
  • Mounts still don't have visuals :(
  • Can't right-click to equip weapons and armor
  • Blade Mold: Great Sword can't be used in the Imbue Mold recipe (other Blade Molds can be, even if they return Invalid combination)
  • EKs can't be spun up
  • Crafting Major Disciplines are not on the free Major Discipline Vendor
  • Beneficial Harvesting Chance: Plants doesn't do anything without Beneficial Harvesting Effects: Plants too
  • Performance feels much better than on Live :D
  • Both Medium Keeps and Small Keeps require the Seed of Life that costs 75,000 gold. Is there any reason why you wouldn't just go for the Medium Keep since it has more building plots?
  • The Held For and Capture Penalty UI on the top right often blank out
  • Does the latency slider in the top left do anything?
  • The wards in the Small Keep stop taking damage every few hits
  • It'd be nice if the large Forts had a Class C or Class B building plot, just if you wanted a thrall buff or harvesting buff without having to siege a Keep
  • Volatile Ice created by Shatterstorm with the Archmage passive is called Shatterstorm in the combat log. Since they both deal similar damage, it's hard to tell if Volatile Ice is doing the correct about of damage
  • Runic Weapon Recipes are not on the free vendors
  • First Aid Manual is not on the free vendors
  • There's invisible mounds on top of Keep walls
  • If you invite a player who is not in zone to your party, they still appear not in zone, even if they are

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

performance seems really nice for me, got 60fps in temple. 30-40 in the wild which is good for me! sieges are the main problem for me so we shall see (fingers crossed).

Nerf slayers please they are still silly as they have been for ages now, its the 5 pip stun which is the big problem on a range char which can also snare, make it rapier only for the  stun effect.

Gotta reinforce the feedback on the performance improvs. Great job, guys. My fps doubled and I am getting a smooth+60 on temple. And havent gotten below 30 even when there is some drops.

Had high hopes for the occlusion thing and it delivered.

Not a fan of the new Burning Hatred orb effect. I expected it to change but I thought we would keep with the theme. Burning cold anger. New effect still look like a placeholder just not as cool.

I'd like to once again propose a stylized wisp to it. Like these:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDhHliMjA4yzMh8T--xF6blue-wisp-illustration-png-clip-art.pngdevin-quigley-willo-the-wisp.jpg?1528344204

Gotta be blue 'cuz those burn hotter. I like the simplicity in them too...

Are you serious with this poorly made dergs lol:
3LSq0Si.png

This will not be abused at all or mocked. Maybe don't make adjacent references to slurs in your game.

Posted (edited)

The new minors got me hyped. I just love coming up with builds and now I am really curious about the new possibilities. Seems like talk about some new additions to the game getting overshadowed is true...

Edited by BarriaKarl

3 hours ago, BarriaKarl said:

The new minors got me hyped. I just love coming up with builds and now I am really curious about the new possibilities. Seems like talk about some new additions to the game getting overshadowed is true...

New Minors?

Posted (edited)
  • Players with new vessels no longer need 2 soggy apples placed in their inventory when they begin if you're also gonna give 'em 10 decent apples.
  • This example window should probably go with the next quest dialogue:
    78R3IUq.jpg

8ABIhIv.jpg

• I like the new look of the cancel/confirm dialogue boxes, but can we get the "confirm" option assigned to a key? We have both an interact keybind and a secondary interact keybind, a "quick yes" keybind, a space bar, an enter key... one of them? All of them?

• For interactive world elements (scroll pedestals, etc.) it might help newbies if the prompt was "Hold to Use" instead of "Use."

• Considering more than a few of the crows that come speak to her may themselves be elven, this "knife ears" pejorative seems... excessive. 😅 
    Cqt3H2K.jpg

K5F9UhB.png

K3p7Tnl.png

• The NPC that sends you to Master Fiamma doesn't mention that you'll be expected to fight through the Urgu village between the keep parcel and the refinery, though Fiamma does at least deign to warn you. Also, why are we sent to Master Fiamma? After the motherload quest I had dozens of copper ore, and the refined materials I got Fiamma was just more copper ore. The quest might be necessary to teach newbies about refineries but the result of that quest might confuse someone who thinks they didn't get whatever they were sent there to get according to the quest giver.

• Don't you think you might conflate the two distinct professions of Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting to newbies with this dialogue and the accompanying quest where she has you make a ring with a blacksmith crafting table?
    c99f2vI.jpg

LF5Jz6y.jpg

kbxGdX6.jpg

• The quest marker on my compass says the objective is 0m away... but this room is empty. Turns out the table is above me. Seems the compass or the icons on it need a height/z-axis indication.
    o0usuOK.jpg

• There seems to have been another boost to performance for many people. I've seen quite a few mentions of it across various Discord servers. Kudos.
Edited by moneda

Hi, I'm moneda.

You can turn in multiple pigs to the keep and overflow your inventory to 2 - 3x the capacity, which is a frustrating and weird interaction the first time you're playing the game.

The new part of the NPE touched interesting topics.

Only some parts felt odd:

The motherlode part didnt actually require a group. My suggestion would be to animate the 'miners' we have to start hitting away at it when the player reach that step. At least that way we can fake group play.

It also seems the game has problem detecting more specific inputs in quests. When interacting with the war table the NPC tells me to sacrifice a item to lvl the castle but the quest itself is simply 'interact with the table'. Meaning it is possible to simply keep the resources if you want. Not a deal breaker but it might be nice to reword the NPC speech to reflect that option.

OR a way to inforce it might be to check for interaction with table and add a inventory check on return. Maybe the quest could be reworked into a 'sacrifice this item to the keep and talk with me after' thing. Mark the table in the map. And make the quest two hidden into one. If the player didnt interact with the table yet show a dialogue that tells them where to go, if they interacted but still have the item tell them to sacrifice it.

Kinda troublesome but it seems like a useful template to try out. Might be needed to more complex quests objectives.

There was another quest I wanted to talk about but I forgot. It was, IIRC, the same issue of the player being able to cheat the objective because the game couldnt check complex tasks... Well, I will get it in the part 3 playthrough...

It might be nice to display the promotion 'roles' when asking for confirmation at selecting one. That is IMHO the most easy way to tell the player what they offer so it would be a interesting information to get there.

Gift of the forest promotes you to the Melee-Ranged Defender Warden Promotion class

Purchasing this talent will prevent purchasing the following talents:

Military Training promotes you to the Ranged Damage Dealer Archer Promotion Class

Into the Shadows promotes you to the Melee Damage Dealer Brigand Promotion Class

And while at it the talent part of the NPE was pretty lacking. A warning that you cant respec would be helpful. Better be upfront about it so the players cant get mad at the game because of their choices.