Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Yoink

Flawed Assembly

Recommended Posts

Flawed Assembly makes me not want to craft. It is the most infuriating thing in the game atm for me and I am not a main crafter. Flawed assembly 100% bricks what ever you were making. I suggest that you take away the part that prevents you from not getting to experiment and the quality downgrade.

I suggest you replace it with added difficulty. Did you get a flawed assembly? add 20-60 difficulty based on quality and call it a day.

It would still keep lower skilled crafters from going up in quality before they are ready.

It still stings when it happens but you no longer feel like rage quitting when it happens as the item is no longer bricked.

Flawed assembly when you have a 98% success chance can negate literally dozens of man hours of farming and prep.

unknown.png


aeei5jG.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a better idea would be to allow us to achieve 100% assembly chance. At 98%, it might not happen often, but one failure at the wrong time can be devastating. 

Imagine making a legendary runic weapon and getting an assembly failure on the final combine. Or a legendary vessel, full of legendary additives that you spent weeks or months obtaining.

It doesn't take that much Assembly to hit the success cap. My blacksmith on test has 63.87 assembly and 5 difficulty reduction from Helper Monkey. I can craft legendary armor components (metal scales, rings, etc.) at a 98% success rate. The final combine of the legendary armor piece is a 73.87% success rate.

Let us have a 100% success rate at 130 assembly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Arkade said:

I think a better idea would be to allow us to achieve 100% assembly chance. At 98%, it might not happen often, but one failure at the wrong time can be devastating. 

Imagine making a legendary runic weapon and getting an assembly failure on the final combine. Or a legendary vessel, full of legendary additives that you spent weeks or months obtaining.

It doesn't take that much Assembly to hit the success cap. My blacksmith on test has 63.87 assembly and 5 difficulty reduction from Helper Monkey. I can craft legendary armor components (metal scales, rings, etc.) at a 98% success rate. The final combine of the legendary armor piece is a 73.87% success rate.

Let us have a 100% success rate at 130 assembly.

This would be fine as well.


aeei5jG.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow its still a thing? i quit crafting because on getting too many flawed at 98%. That 2% really seems like 20% at times its not fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might settle for just a one step quality downgrade, while keeping the ability to experiment. The inability to experiment renders assembly failures useless.


IhhQKY6.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jah said:

I might settle for just a one step quality downgrade, while keeping the ability to experiment. The inability to experiment renders assembly failures useless.

This would render any components useless though because no one is going to risk that one blue component in the purple weapon they are making. I guess you could save them for a rainy day but then you have to hold onto more junk.


aeei5jG.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yoink said:

This would render any components useless though because no one is going to risk that one blue component in the purple weapon they are making. I guess you could save them for a rainy day but then you have to hold onto more junk.

A blue component is only useless if you get to the point that you never craft blue anymore.


IhhQKY6.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah that's what I meant by holding onto them. I just don't want a bank full of piecemeal flawed component trying to Frankenstein a new item together


aeei5jG.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, blazzen said:

Maybe you should be able to spend chaos embers to buy your way out of a flawed assembly. 

That's a good option too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree 100% that especially once we get to the point of working with Epic and Legendary the amount of time required to farm for instance minerals for a legendary philosopher stone then it flawing on final combine is just beyond dumb. If you have the skill to work with all the items up to the point of the final combine then rolling down might be acceptable, but even then WHY? 

Other crafting systems that we have played with such as SWG, DaoC, even ESO with its hilarious grind to get a master craft an entire item is not crap because of RNG. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flaws are intended to be a material sink, I feel. If that is the case, then I think Arkade's solution is best: Give us 100% Success chance if we're at or above the Assembly Difficulty


giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, coolster50 said:

Flaws are intended to be a material sink, I feel. If that is the case, then I think Arkade's solution is best: Give us 100% Success chance if we're at or above the Assembly Difficulty

Okay cool.  So calculate what the "material sink" objective was for flawed assembly and increase item costs by that amount.    I'm not even a game designer and i fixed the problem without RUINING EVERYONES FUN.

 

Edited by Arkdin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yianni said:

@thomasblair

i dont know blair math, but what are the chances of getting a flawed twice in a row with 98% success chance?

 

According to some random internet calculator, it's a 0.04% chance :D


giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yianni said:

@thomasblair

i dont know blair math, but what are the chances of getting a flawed twice in a row with 98% success chance?

 

It's actually a 50% chance: you might get it flawed again or you might not. So I'm not surprised at all 😃


I have never claimed any leadership positions in DIS. I express my own thoughts and opinions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...