Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
empiree

5 years later - a complete tech / engine mess!

Recommended Posts

First of all, if you want to joint this discussion - stay objectiv - no hate, no flame, no fanboy love. Just stay to the fact´s. Thanks!

I know Crowfall come a long way, and it was a bumpy away so far.

But thats the way things work in
development - the team is small and the project and goals are big. So good things need time

and i understand that optimization for a big scale mmorpg project is pretty tricky.



But after all these years - the "alpha" (yes is 2020 and 2018 should be first "soft lunch") is still unplayable, the fps mess and optimization

is really the worst i have ever seen in this state of development.

i first thought i was my old rig, pretty good back then but it still was DDR3 Rig with a i7 and 980TI, 32GB of 2400Mhz DDR3 Ram.
For the love of crowfall i upgrade my RIG - AMD Ryzen 3600X, B550, 32GB 3200MHz and a RX 5700XT 8GB.... i got a slight boost but still

the Game is unplayabel. What´s going on? Crowfall always did a step forwad and 2 steps back - technical. When can we get a stable 60fps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, empiree said:

For the love of crowfall i upgrade my RIG - AMD Ryzen 3600X, B550, 32GB 3200MHz and a RX 5700XT 8GB.... i got a slight boost but still
the Game is unplayabel.

A bit more performant machine than yours. I would not call it unplayable. And it is getting better every patch.

 

xvmk7tF.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are your Settings so far? I have everything on medium - getting 30-40fps in 1080p.


My 3600X is running at 4700MHz stable and my RX 5700XT Nitro+ with 2050MHz. Every game runs like butter...
Also my RX 5700XT is only at 60% usage most of the time, it seems like the game dont get the full power of my
GPU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, empiree said:

What are your Settings so far? I have everything on medium - getting 30-40fps in 1080p.


My 3600X is running at 4700MHz stable and my RX 5700XT Nitro+ with 2050MHz. Every game runs like butter...
Also my RX 5700XT is only at 60% usage most of the time, it seems like the game dont get the full power of my
GPU.

That video is 1080p on High Settings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How fast is your RAM running? I upgraded from 16gb to 32gb and didn't see a huge boost, but when I changed the speed from 2133mhz to 3600mhz, I saw a significant increase in FPS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

believe it or not, an old (5 years) i7-6700 and ryzen 3600 has about comparable gaming performance. While for anything other then gaming its a great upgrade, it can actually perform worse in many games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2020 at 4:11 PM, Arkade said:

How fast is your RAM running? I upgraded from 16gb to 32gb and didn't see a huge boost, but when I changed the speed from 2133mhz to 3600mhz, I saw a significant increase in FPS.

as i wrote in my starter - 32GB 3200MHz

 

@mystafyi  iam coming from an i7 - 7700k and a GTX1070 - and everything ist going like 20-30fps up for me. just crowfall sucks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2020 at 11:23 AM, empiree said:

  iam coming from an i7 - 7700k and a GTX1070 - and everything ist going like 20-30fps up for me. just crowfall sucks

Its pretty rough FPS playing with max settings in a populated area. I know I simply cannot play the game on low graphics settings or below 30FPS at any time with my rig. It has gotten better over time and I am really hoping unity version upgrade will help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...