Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
galvia

Holding to lunge and tap to attack poll - how does it feel?

Holding to lunge and tap to attack poll - do you like how it controls?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like hold to lunge and tap to attack on Longswords and Daggers?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent

Posted (edited)

With the addition of the lunge attack system to Crowfall, I was interested in getting a bit more data around how folks are liking it. Personally I haven't met someone who likes this control system, but I think almost unanimously people like the ability itself.

I think personally weapon abilities should have a modifier keybind you can set, but I say let the poll decide. What do you think?

Edited by galvia

Posted (edited)

The core Problem was too much/Strong aoe for meeles to go in (frostweaver death zones).So the solution is to make them Canon Balls to go in even faster and increase the amount of aoe targets who can be Hit? Would have prefered to See some cc changes to give meeles more Tools to stay on target instead of this asia style flying Ninjas stuff. 

Edited by Mogres

@Mogres I mostly want to keep this thread to discussing the control scheme, not the ability itself. I agree that there are different ways of solving the problems that this tool helps with, but I'm mostly interested in discussing controls.

Even spammy clicking games like Diablo don't require this kind of annoying tapping or have different control schemes than the tap to attack, hold to lunge system of this game. Fights in this game last minutes - like I have participated in 10+ minutes of constant fighting regularly. This control system really puts some wear and tear on the player for that kind of length - it's annoying.

I find the controls for it awkward. I'm not sure which replacement would be the best. I'd be tempted to have it grant a slottable lunge power that you can put on your tray, but I imagine someone will object to having to use bar space for it.

IhhQKY6.gif

Personally I like the idea of the power.  Having it executed after holding it down for 1s or so however, not so sure.

You could potentially balance this by having the same "left click hold" but make it have to charge for 3s or something like.