Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
LordofCake

5.125 TEST Feedback for 7/29/20

5.125 TEST Patch Notes and Known Issues

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to TEST Bug Reports

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

Frostguard & Archmage:

1. IMHO Frostguard still feels pretty good and pretty powerful in group fights. Now it feels like it's in the right place of ranged tank/buff/debuff class. The ability to cast Frost Armor for the whole group in the middle of the battle feels pretty strong which compensate the nerfed skills and damage. At the same time, Volatile Ice doesn't feel like a viable ability anymore though. The delay is too long while damage is too weak and the ability radius is too small. It basically can only hit targets who do not move. I'd suggest to increase the radius of this ability or increase it's damage or decrease the delay (taking into account that there is a longer delay to cast Ice Weave already).

2. Archmage in PVP fights feels much weaker. It does not have survivability, it does not have good CCs, it does not have 2 ultimates anymore, it does not have any escape like Confessors, for example, it does not have self-heal like Archers.

* Archmages damage is not that higher than the Frostguard's. It hits attack power cap a bit faster than FG but does not have those valuable abilities nor it has the ability to survive in the PVP.

* It is still good at farming mobs but feels very weak in any PVP encounter: 1 v 1, 5 v 5 (it already was not that good in PVP before nerf).

* I would suggest to increase AM's damage from Volatile Ice (since it does not trigger knockdown) and increase Volatile Ice radius.

* Also, I would increase range of Shutter Storm and increase its damage, as well. 

* Also, fixing the bug with Magic Spear skill when it does not actually add execute power will be helpful, as well (so just add the execute power to it). Right now, this ability doesn't worth taking it at all.

* Also, being able to quick cast with Ice Weave for a longer time period (the period when you can replicate the last casted Ice spell with 1 button) sounds like a right thing to do for AMs. Right now it resets too soon so you have to cast it again after almost each CC (stun, blind, knockdown). With increased value of CCs (which I fully support) and low survivability, AMs would not be able to do any decent amount of damage before they die (they are DD class at the end of the day). Thus, the value of having AMs in PVP setup is pretty close to 0 now.

P.S. The fact that AMs were OVERnerfed does not deny that I like how you've changed FGs: it is not OP anymore but still very strong in the group fight setup.

I have never claimed any leadership positions in DIS. I express my own thoughts and opinions.

Posted (edited)

Frost Armory : 

• No visual feedback to see if your allies have "Frost Armor" on or not.

• Consumes -all- “Ice Storage” regardless of armors applied.

Suggested changes : 

• When using "Frost Armory" can you please make it so it only consumes an "Ice Storage" IF it actually applies a Frost Armor to an ally.

Having 5 Ice Stacks and using them all when running around alone is rather, annoying.  It means depending on the grp size I'm in I have to flip in and out "Frost Armor"

Edited by Soulreaver

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

Posted (edited)

Frostweaver - Ice Storage.

One of the issues that have been annoying when playing the frostweaver - is building ice storage if you already had some ice. 

For example if you had 4 Ice storage and wanted a 5th, you have 2 ways to go about doing it.

• You needed to spend all 4 ice with "Ice weave" and then rebuild them with recasting "Ice weave" 5 times, clunky and will burn all your mana. 
  • You could cast a "Cooling/Frigid Ice" and then convert it into 2 "Stable Ice" using  1 cast of "Ice Weave" on top of the "Cooling/Frigid".  Not as clunky but will still burn your mana.

A lot of needless actions really.  Which ultimately also burned your mana down..

Suggested changes

"Ice Weave" does not use any "Ice Storage" when cast.

UNLESS 

Used with "Free weaving", then it will consume an "Ice Storage".

Frostweaver - Mana Issues ..

Ever since the change to the Frostweavers Ultimate (Cost enhanced to 1000, up from 500) the Frostweaver has suffered greatly due to the high cost of Ice.

Suggested changes

The cost on some of the abilities is too steep (Referring to Armory= 400 mana,  and all abilities costing an "Ice Storage" = 250 mana.)

Optimally modifying all cost of Ice would greaty help the Frostweaver manage their mana a lot better.  Reducing the cost of ice from 250 to 200, and of Armory from 400 to 300, would help a great deal to start with, this is done in the light of  the removed the Double Ultimate of the class. 

The Fixed cost of Ice also means mana cost can't be modified with things like "Weapon Finess" or other power modifying abilities.  Something which is quite frustrating since the class isn't a "Pip" user, and thus doesn't get Cooldown reduction.... In general being a hybrid of mana+pips (ice) you should readress this issue somehow.

Change the mana regenerating of "Free Weave" from 50 to 75.

Potentially remove mana cost from all mana users LMB

@jtoddcoleman

@thomasblair

Edited by Soulreaver

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

Roads are kinda useless. Who are we expecting to use them? Random people trying to get across the map as quickly as possible? Or maybe caravan runners trying to quickly move their pigs to a caravansary or the refinery? Either way, they don't perform that function. Roads rarely, if ever, connect one side of the map to another. It's always quicker to run off-road than to try to follow it. Another thing is that roads grant Trailblazer to those who are on it, however, 99.98% of players who run by a road are mounted. Trailblazer means jack to mounts. If roads aren't there for mounted players, which is all fine and dandy, then that must mean they're for caravan runners. But wait, there are no roads going from the mountain to a keep or refinery, which means you're not going to use the roads. Now it's fine if sometimes the random map generator doesn't make a road from the canyon to a keep off on an isolated peninsula far out of the way of everything, but that's the case a majority of the time. No one uses roads to go anywhere, because they oftentimes lead nowhere.

I see 2 solutions to remedy this: 1 is to change the map generator algorithm so that PoIs on the map (like forts, keeps, outposts, mountains, runegates, etc.) are better connected by roads. The other is to give roads some other speed buff that stacks on top of Trailblazer/master and mounts, so that players are more incentivized to use roads to get from point A to point B

Just my $0.02 on interactive roads since they've been introduced.

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

With the availability epic building resources from forts, even with the reduction of the amount of refined resources, the avialability of them reduces the effectivness and general need for harvesters other than for exotic materials and legendary quality.

I felt blue was the sweet spot where the quality is where a spammable version for crafter wares over wartribe was viable. But with this addition the new standard will be epic and not leaving much in the terms for good, dedicated harvesters to be the best at.

Alot of harvesters were already feeling unloved with the amount of blue that could easily be attained and extending this to epic will very much kill off any want to harvest until late game where they will feel more useful again.

Please limit the quality from building resources to blue at best to let the games harvesters feel like they are able to contribute in their unique way with the large amount of risk that they already have to endure.

Just now, coolster50 said:

July 30, 2020

• The Spirit Crow bugs out if you hit a wall or something while flying away
  • World Bank is alphabetized. Easier to look for items now, just need to get used to not having the most recent items at the bottom of the list
  • On some of the bigger races (Minotaur, for example) there is a dead zone where all your melee attacks will miss the target because you're too close
  • Loot windows are a lot bigger now. Not sure if bug.
  • Can we get some type of mail system? Just some way to send other players messages and items without them having to be online
  • Runic Frostcasters did not appear on the Codex of Mystical Power (most logical place for them to be, IMO). Are they not craftable, or are they on a different recipe book?  TdpilRx.png
    • Reminder that Runic Books are not on the free vendors :D
    • Also, is it intended that Runic Books are a super rare drop from regular Thralls, or should they be dropping a bit more frequently than once every third blue moon?
  • In-game text looks pixelated and sometimes the "l (L)" character doesn't appear (at least on 1366x768 resolution, medium graphics) 29cPIC8.png
  • It'd be neat if wartribes had unique weapon skins and the bosses had Appearance Compendiums they could drop
  • Items positioned on top of lootable drawers float after the drawer has been looted (because the drawer disappears when looted)
    • Scavenging Bookshelves in campaigns shouldn't drop white disciplines, imho
  • The Secutor Knight talent Board and Board is redundant with the capstone passive Shieldmanship                                                          j7JVj9A.pngAOn8yHz.png
  • Captains, chiefs, and kings spawn now, but I've not seen many Alphas, Elders, or Ancients (outside Alpha Bears and Elder Muskhogs). We'd want Alpha, Elder, and Ancient versions of all the animal mobs spawning so we can farm Necromancy additives
  • Outpost guards are no longer lootable
  • Aracoix Assassins don't always immediately unstealth when they attack you. This leads to taking damage from invisible foes for several seconds
  • The target HUD has a ~1s delay before it shows buffs and debuffs on a target.
  • Selfish buffs (like Uniform/Matching Armor, Sturdiness, Glamour, etc.) should not show up on the group UI
  • Frostweaver Crystal Lance takes target at the beginning of the cast, rather than at the end. Piercing Lance works correctly.
  • Minor Discipline Finish Him! does not increase the damage of Crystal Lance or Piercing Lance. I suspect it only works on the Templar power Execute, and not all execute powers
  • Wood-Elf and High-Elf axes have the same model and Wood-Elf Axes are always Heavy Axes
  • Elken still like to think they're Minotaurs on character selection I8QojQ2.png
  • In all the Dregs we've had, I haven't seen any crafter-related Divine Favor cards. I've seen "Build the most Class C Buildings" and "Sacrifice Stone to Kane", but no "Highest average crafting score per member" or something
  • Beneficial Harvest Effects is not in the skill trees
  • An X appears on vessels, even though you can't click it (or would want to)  qLAORMq.png
  • Wartribe Coins still don't have icons RzoukmD.png
    • Also, say no to diminishing returns on sacrifice items!
  • Underhill Clerics can see stealth!
  • Carrot Juice still cannot be crafted (though the recipe flavor text does specifically mention apples. RIP Carrot Juice?)
  • I don't like how Smoldering Hatred, Blade Master Blood Price, and Naiad Fountain of Life all use the Druid Orb VFX.
  • The boundary of Templar Divine Light and Cleric Holy Symbol should be more pronounced.

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Posted (edited)

I understand it is "impossible" and ofc not priority but I would like to see possibility to get access to resolve bar in GUI.
all separated resolve stats should be visible to see how it filled ultil CC immunity triggered.

stun                  |=====   |

knockdown   |===        |

supress           |======|

or as number% which are even more usefull. if resolve is still shared for CC, then you can show only one bar.

this way you can show it like:

hard CC:     |=====   |

attack CC: |===        |

or

resolve filled: 50%

Edited by makkon

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: rangefall

Discord makkon#8550

things that would be nice to have...
+ability to craft multiple items
+more quests!
+more space between aggressive mobs (so you don't get ganged up on so easily)
+a minimap!

7 hours ago, coolster50 said:

Roads are kinda useless. ...give roads some other speed buff that stacks on top of Trailblazer/master and mounts, so that players are more incentivized to use roads to get from point A to point B

A buff to mounted movespeed on those parcels would do the trick nicely - and I second that the roads ought to connect Points of Interest more completely.

:^)

What ever happened to the red ribbons on the templars great swords? I always liked them added a little flair to the sword. Would be cool to have a variety of ribbons on the different racial skins on Great Swords . They seem to be missing something to make them pop . As is nethari great sword is the only one i like. 

Tried crafting different swords to see the skins and got about 12 in and my wrist was killing me. How is crafting fun when its so many back and forth between benches and clicks. Its bad for my wrist health. 

I'd really appreciate if pressing the key to a power tray we are already in brought us back to the previous tray we had active. As is I have to press two keys to swap trays when a single button would do the job.

A marker to show we have items to import in the Vault would be helpful. Like the exclamation mark on purchases. I keep forgetting to export my items only to have to log out from a campaign when I notice something missing...

Posted (edited)

I'd imagine next NPE part will touch on sieging and as such tree of life but I think it would be nice to talk about the tree of life in the factions keep beforehand. I mean, I just noticed we have acess to a buff in there that restores our health and food and I had no idea. Was it not for me searching for dummies to test I wouldnt have known about it for weeks more... It seems something newbies should know about as soon as possible when starting the game.

The amount of food I must have wasted...

Edited by BarriaKarl

23 hours ago, Pirate.Captain said:

things that would be nice to have...
+ability to craft multiple items
+more quests!
+more space between aggressive mobs (so you don't get ganged up on so easily)
+a minimap!

They are working on a way to allow us to craft multiples, since factories won't make it in before launch.

They are working on part 3 of the NPE, which will include more quests, but that will be it. The quest system is just a glorified tutorial.

I don't agree on more space between mobs. There needs to be a higher mob density to accommodate a larger population of players. 

Don't expect to get a minimap.