Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
LordofCake

5.125 TEST Feedback for 7/29/20

Current mechanics for claiming keeps puts too much emphasis on being the first to log in when a new campaign launches.

The Tree of Life Seed should only be able to be planted during an active siege window.

IhhQKY6.gif

1 minute ago, Jah said:

Current mechanics for claiming keeps puts too much emphasis on being the first to log in when a new campaign launches.

The Tree of Life Seed should only be able to be planted during an active siege window.

if 0 imorts it is a rush, with imports it is a matter of who is loggin in first, yes

1 minute ago, Surelia said:

if 0 imorts it is a rush, with imports it is a matter of who is loggin in first, yes

Both campaign types exist so the mechanics should work well for both.

The problem mostly relates to Import campaigns, but it is somewhat true with No-Import campaigns as well. Log in as soon as server is up, rush to farm gold, grab keep. It's still pretty sensitive to being the first to log in. It doesn't take that long to farm the gold, so first onto the server has a big advantage.

IhhQKY6.gif

2 minutes ago, Jah said:

Both campaign types exist so the mechanics should work well for both.

The problem mostly relates to Import campaigns, but it is somewhat true with No-Import campaigns as well. Log in as soon as server is up, rush to farm gold, grab keep. It's still pretty sensitive to being the first to log in. It doesn't take that long to farm the gold, so first onto the server has a big advantage.

yes, at least the probability for contest should be there.

Frost Armory : 

• No visual feedback to see if your allies have "Frost Armor" on or not.
  • Consumes -all- “Ice Storage” regardless of armors applied.
  • Nerfing the time between cracks on the armor from 2 seconds to 1.5, ok that was a huge nerf in itself - ON TOP OF THAT - changing the Cracks from 5 to 4 before the armor breaks

You will have around : 6 seconds UP time of the armor.  That is a reduction of 50% from the previous version. You kept the : 15 seconds on the "Frost Armor Time" which, when taking into consideration the very brief up time of the armor, you won't even be able to regenerate your Ice Storage and Mana to recast the armors.  

The Frostguard promotional class gives you : 2.5 seconds of armor!  That's it. 

Suggested changes : 

• When using "Frost Armory" it should only consumes an "Ice Storage" IF it actually applies a Frost Armor to an ally.

Having 5 Ice Stacks and using them all when running around alone is rather, annoying.  It means depending on the grp size I'm in I have to flip in and out "Frost Armor"

·         Revert to giving the Frostguard 5 cracks. 

·         Revert the crack timer to 1 and 2 seconds.

@thomasblair

Edited by Soulreaver

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

Health Bars/Target Bar

Why do I as a Damage deal/Tank, with no ability to heal my allies see their healthbars when "targeting".  In grp combat where you're as a melee in the middle of things it's really hard to keep focus on a target and see what debuffs they have on as my allies actually break my LoS with them.

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

39 minutes ago, Soulreaver said:

Health Bars/Target Bar

Why do I as a Damage deal/Tank, with no ability to heal my allies see their healthbars when "targeting".  In grp combat where you're as a melee in the middle of things it's really hard to keep focus on a target and see what debuffs they have on as my allies actually break my LoS with them.

Theres also .5 to 1 second delay after you target someone to see what buffs/debuffs they have.  It makes it challenging when playing classes like confessor that need to keep track of how many debuff stacks are on an opponent.

On 8/1/2020 at 6:50 AM, Soulreaver said:

Frost Armory : 

• No visual feedback to see if your allies have "Frost Armor" on or not.
  • Consumes -all- “Ice Storage” regardless of armors applied.
  • Nerfing the time between cracks on the armor from 2 seconds to 1.5, ok that was a huge nerf in itself - ON TOP OF THAT - changing the Cracks from 5 to 4 before the armor breaks

You will have around : 6 seconds UP time of the armor.  That is a reduction of 50% from the previous version. You kept the : 15 seconds on the "Frost Armor Time" which, when taking into consideration the very brief up time of the armor, you won't even be able to regenerate your Ice Storage and Mana to recast the armors.  

The Frostguard promotional class gives you : 2.5 seconds of armor!  That's it. 

Suggested changes : 

• When using "Frost Armory" it should only consumes an "Ice Storage" IF it actually applies a Frost Armor to an ally.

Having 5 Ice Stacks and using them all when running around alone is rather, annoying.  It means depending on the grp size I'm in I have to flip in and out "Frost Armor"

·         Revert to giving the Frostguard 5 cracks. 

·         Revert the crack timer to 1 and 2 seconds.

@thomasblair

If they were reading our suggestions or concerns the FW wouldn't of been nerfed to the ground

Must do crafting QOL changes:

Well, after playing yersterday for a while and trying to craft a mail body armor I gotta say the clicking is indeed waaay too much. Way too much. It is quite absurd truly.

First of all add the option to press 'y' to all steps of crafting where possible like we have when tips tootips appear. Assemble, Next, Make item, Take. As we dont use our left hand while crafting it would be easy and less uncomfortable to simple leave a finger in 'y' and skip steps with it. Since we cant just remove those useless steps might as well make it easier...

Another thing that would make crafters lives easier and remove the number of clicks is to auto refill the crafting ingredients if we have enough materials to crafter another copy. Just auto refill. The ideal solution would be to allow us to craft multiple items at once but this would sufffice. Together with the 'y' confirm option above the only steps players would need to click would be the experimentation from each item.

As a general QOL thing pls multiply items in free vendor to full stack. Dear god, why makes us click so many times everywhere? If you are letting us have them pls make it easy. 20 ore is nothing if you crafting any final item so instead of a single click I had to click 10 times for each ore I planed to use. So in my case I had to use 30 clicks when 3 would have done it.

*Not exclusive to crafting either. If it stack gives us the full amount. Not like it has any real downside. Food, gold, etc. Just give us full stacks. Make testing as easier as possible...

Last, jump in difficulty in crafting doesnt make sense. Why is the jump from 'no risk' to 'negligible' the biggest one in the whole thing? Even the 'insane' jump is smaller. Flip it around. 10, 15, 20, 30 or something. Not 30, 10, 10, 10, 20 or the likes. Maybe it is because I have zero training but the progression must make sense regardless...

Edited by BarriaKarl

1 hour ago, BarriaKarl said:

Must do crafting QOL changes:

Well, after playing yersterday for a while and trying to craft a mail body armor I gotta say the clicking is indeed waaay too much. Way too much. It is quite absurd truly.

First of all add the option to press 'y' to all steps of crafting where possible like we have when tips tootips appear. Assemble, Next, Make item, Take. As we dont use our left hand while crafting it would be easy and less uncorfortable to simple leave a finger in 'y' and skip steps with it. Since we cant just remove those useless steps might as well make it easier...

Another thing that would make crafters lives easier and remove the number of clicks is to auto refill the crafting ingredients if we have enough materials to crafter another copy. Just auto refill. The ideal solution would be to allow us to craft multiple items at once but this would sufffice. Together with the 'y' confirm option above the only steps players would need to click would be the experimentation from each item.

As a general QOL thing pls multiply items in free vendor to full stack. Dear god, why makes us click so many times everywhere? If you are letting us have them pls make it easy. 20 ore is nothing if you crafting any final item so instead of a single click I had to click 10 times for each ore I planed to use. So in my case I had to use 30 clicks when 3 would have done it.

*Not exclusive to crafting either. If it stack gives us the full amount. Not like it has any real downside. Food, gold, etc. Just give us full stacks. Make testing as easier as possible...

Last, jump in difficulty in crafting doesnt make sense. Why is the jump from 'no risk' to 'negligible' the biggest one in the whole thing? Even the 'insane' jump is smaller. Flip it around. 10, 15, 20, 30 or something. Not 30, 10, 10, 10, 20 or the likes. Maybe it is because I have zero training but the progression must make sense regardless...

I'm starting to feel like the designers have some time of financial interest in either mouse manufacturing or repetitive stress injury surgery.

The y menu change is a great idea and SEEMS like it would be relatively easy to implement since they have pop-ups with that functionality today.  Even just allowing us to disable confirmation boxes as a menu setting would be great as the extra CLICK TO CONFIRM that surrounds every aspect of crafting is really cumbersome.

I also vote that they remove useless crafting components that don't add anything to the actual item.  Things like carbon, coal, stitching sinew etc should just be eliminated and have their cost just added into the dust component.

Can we get an island that is full of Chiefs, Kings, Ancients and what not in GR? Those are the only mobs worth bothering trying builds at. Plus it seems to me the best way to test change involving those such as discs drop rates and what not.

It is a TEST server after so we gotta exploit all the wack stuff we can do on it.

Edited by BarriaKarl

47 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

Can we get an island that is full of Chiefs, Kings, Ancients and what not in GR? Those are the only mobs worth bothering trying builds at. Plus it seems to me the best way to test change involving those such as discs drop rates and what not.

It is a TEST server after so we gotta exploit all the wack stuff we can do on it.

Yeah, it would be great to stack & farm up to 5 kings at a time...

(being sarcastic here)

Edited by SAM_BUKA

I have never claimed any leadership positions in DIS. I express my own thoughts and opinions.

8 minutes ago, SAM_BUKA said:

Yeah, it would be great to stack & farm up to 5 kings at a time...

(being sarcastic here)

Test Server? If you are farming anything you will be mindblown when you find the chests at the temple...

31 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

Test Server? If you are farming anything you will be mindblown when you find the chests at the temple...

well i want to know how many chiefs/kings do i need to kill to have 20 ppl and 7 crafters with minors. how long will it take 20 guilds competing for those. so would be good for a feedback on droprates. otherwise... as that seems to be baked in when the map is created... it might be another awful expirience when this patch hits live.

It appears that the Templar ability to go to holy damage functions by changing to holy damage before damage calculation. This means I lose my slashing bonus, and I end up doing less damage. Although it still serves a limited purpose against very high resist characters (like countering runecaster), it really limits the effectiveness, because most of the time it makes me do less damage.

I would suggest having the holy damage tag trigger after damage calc. I would suggest the same type of calculation anywhere there is holy damage (i.e. radical searing light) because although holy is unmitigated it also has no way to build for bonus.

Edited by McTan

Mic MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com

19 minutes ago, McTan said:

It appears that the Templar ability to go to holy damage functions by changing to holy damage before damage calculation. This means I lose my slashing bonus, and I end up doing less damage. Although it still serves a limited purpose against very high resist characters (like countering runecaster), it really limits the effectiveness, because most of the time it makes me do less damage.

I would suggest having the holy damage tag trigger after damage calc. I would suggest the same type of calculation anywhere there is holy damage (i.e. radical searing light) because although holy is unmitigated it also has no way to build for bonus.

Banner of thunder (or something like that) from standard bearer acts the same way with his conversion to eletric damage. Worse yet, it is a group buff which makes everyone in the group do less overall damage.

Anyone knows any other powers that change attack types? Might want to have them look at them all...

On 7/29/2020 at 11:21 PM, moneda said:

I really think new players need to be able to reset talent points with a starter/white quality vessel. Like... a button that consumes an exponentially increasing amount of Ethereal Dust, that you can only use in the temple... like 2 or 3 times.

Want to agree w/ & emphasize this: the general move recently seems to have been to make white quality vessels work like traditional MMO characters and then you step into the "real" vessel system when you are invested in the game enough to upgrade.  That's a good, smart philosophy and it needs to be applied everywhere.

Campaign:

• The Building Materials provided by Caravans and Forts have been modified.
    The majority of Building Materials generated by Caravan runs and Forts are now "generic" material types of Ingot, Timber, or Stone, which can not be refined at a refinery.
    White quality non-generic resources can only spawn in chests where there is a siege active for the Fort.
    Uncommon or better non-generic resources can spawn at any time with a low probability.
    These changes are intended to make caravans primarily generate Building Materials used for constructing Buildings or keeps while still being an alternate source of resources without flooding the economy.
  • Increased the spawn rate of high ranking monster NPCs.

from the latest patch notes. yes, caravans was really disbalanced in terms of easy and uncontrolled resource incoming. actually I found for myself those main caravans issues:

problem 1: way too much caravan spawns
problem 2: very fast caravan CD
problem 3: very close routes to endpoint (ex: 200-300m from the fort with caravanserai)
problem 4: risk vs reward mean there was no risk but huge reward
problem 5: not enough server population so resources incoming are out of control
problem 6: huge RNG issues
problem 7: there is no reason to kill a player with caravan who run it to the fort. caravanners usually lose nothing (mostly coz problem 1 to 6)

anyway, caravans provided us alot of pvp action. now what? you converted caravans to only-building-resources which mean boring pve. you leaves no choice but to drive these useless caravans with no profit for a building a keep/fort....
unless you have a grandiose hidden plan here, else I do not understand why you killing nice ideas and trade it for more boring grind.

what can be a right fix for a caravans? there are alot of, pm me if you need some ideas. and yes, I know about generating resource via forts. unless you give possibility to steal it (or fix guards), it can give us another option to pvp - raids on forts (else it looks like another afk generation resource source like a current caravans was)

another huge problem is a bosses drop here. armor bonuses still looks better than crafted (compared to test). remove epic drop armor with such huge stats/bonuses. instead add more quality sacrifice items
Edited by makkon

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: rangefall

Discord makkon#8550