Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DarnHippy

Guild Bank Hold-up?

I am curious why this is taking so long.  Seems like most things are already in game to make this happen.

From the rumors around, sounds like there is an issue with people interacting with the bank that ACE is trying to figure out.  As in multiple people putting things in or taking things out at the same time.  This might produce multiples being created off the same item.  Though has it been internally tested to find out?

When multiple players interact with a building plot in a keep, one persons input is canceled.  Then person 2 has to start again placing the mats.

Multiple persons can interact with a corpse and put items in and take them out.  Just make a chest with that same interaction?  OR has this been tested and can be a way to Doop?

Some items (like the chests in the new forts) can not be interacted with unless you are part of that guild/faction.  

Is the problem figuring out to display a guild bank or making graphics for it?  Is it a problem with just sitting down and finally working on it?  I don't know, but would like too.

Pretty sure this happened in Shadowbane too. I remember some large guilds had found the bug during testing and didn't reveal to have an advantage... Hope they aren't testing this game too 😂

Sorry should have quoted.

7 minutes ago, DarnHippy said:

issue with people interacting with the bank that ACE is trying to figure out.  As in multiple people putting things in or taking things out at the same time.  This might produce multiples being created off the same item.  Though has it been internally tested to find out?

The problem is that databases are located in different datacenters for different players/campaigns, but they have to work as a uniform thing for the guild bank, no matter who accesses it and from where. It is quite a challenging task to get it right.

well we know they are working on it, and we know we will get a short term solution until the real guildbanks wil be available.

would be good to have that keepchest asap ;)

3 hours ago, ComradeAma said:

The problem is that databases are located in different datacenters for different players/campaigns, but they have to work as a uniform thing for the guild bank, no matter who accesses it and from where. It is quite a challenging task to get it right.

Campaign GB should be different then God's Reach GB due to the import/export limits.  Limit where one can access the GB, like in a keep or temple.

Just saying that it should be possible to make a GB with current tech already made.  Upgrade it later to be more user friendly.  Right now it's a pain at the end of a Campaign to collect all the stuff from guildies.  Easiest way now is to make some graves inside the keep and have guildies drop things off there and grab what they need.  Yes, they can be looted by ANYONE that can survive the guards.  By doing this it's is easier to conserve exports.  Not everyone is exporting 3 blue iron, instead they are putting the items in graves to stack them then export when there is a full stack.

I understand that making a complex guild bank will take time to implement, but . . .

22 minutes ago, DarnHippy said:

I understand that making a complex guild bank will take time to implement, but . . .

We are so close to release, so I doubt they will do poorly made dergs and do correct implementation the first try. We will see.

For me, the gyild bank was about accessability to shared storage so things could be dropped off and picked up without the need for both to be online at the same time which was the major logistical QOL change this game needs.

If that means there needs to be a timer before a deposit is made to ensure no abuse can be done. I had not envisaged that the gbank would be a way to fast transfer resources between campaigns/gr/infected as that could easily be abused and reduces a lit of risk in the game.