Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Healing Cleric Meta in 6.510 (UPDATED 04/16/2021)

Updated the thread title to match the current patch, no significant changes needed.

As an FYI for folks I WILL update this guide when the 6.200 patch eventually gets to us and changes literally everything about the game (hopefully). I also have a few other guides in the works but I will hold off on posting them until the major changes come.

For class guides I'm currently working on:

• Full Myrmidon Guide
  • Stormcaller Guide
  • Confessor Guide
  • Champion Guide
  • Potentially a Radical Cleric guide

I'm also considering writing some guides on engaging with the Crowfall metagame. Stuff like how to run a guild, how to lead fights, how logistics work and things of that nature. Expect these things to show up at some point post 6.200 patch.

If you follow this thread and have ideas on any of the above topics, please consider writing your own guide and posting it to the forums. Droves of beta players are getting lost in this game and in their classes with no resources to lean on - we need to help each other out (even if ACE doesn't always help us).

Thanks for reading, following, and all of the feedback on discord ❤️

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey folks, I’ve gone ahead and updated my guide to reflect all of the changes to Cleric up to 6.510. The changes made to Cleric are pretty significant, and so I’ve restructured most of my guide to ref

Updated the thread title to match the current patch, no significant changes needed. As an FYI for folks I WILL update this guide when the 6.200 patch eventually gets to us and changes literally eve

Wow lots of good info here. that Galvia's pretty alright huh? 👌

21 hours ago, galvia said:

Updated the thread title to match the current patch, no significant changes needed.

As an FYI for folks I WILL update this guide when the 6.200 patch eventually gets to us and changes literally everything about the game (hopefully). I also have a few other guides in the works but I will hold off on posting them until the major changes come.

For class guides I'm currently working on:

• Full Myrmidon Guide
  • Stormcaller Guide
  • Confessor Guide
  • Champion Guide
  • Potentially a Radical Cleric guide

I'm also considering writing some guides on engaging with the Crowfall metagame. Stuff like how to run a guild, how to lead fights, how logistics work and things of that nature. Expect these things to show up at some point post 6.200 patch.

If you follow this thread and have ideas on any of the above topics, please consider writing your own guide and posting it to the forums. Droves of beta players are getting lost in this game and in their classes with no resources to lean on - we need to help each other out (even if ACE doesn't always help us).

Thanks for reading, following, and all of the feedback on discord ❤️

If 6.2 does significant fixes to Ranger and Druid my main specs I will be perfecting and maybe writing about will be.

• Warden Ranger
  • Brigand Ranger
  • Arch-Druid
  • Earthkeeper

Stormcaller would definitely have to become a lot more interesting than it is now, which might happen. Though with a working Gaia's Wail, it's not as bad as before. Hoping some really nice new disc, or disc changes pair up a lot more interestingly with caster classes.

On 9/18/2020 at 3:19 PM, Ble said:

So a full Myrm guide, and what about the rest, those are half guides? wtf, I want my money back please.

Yeah I'll cover every single spec on Myrm, but the others I'll focus on specific promos (obviously if those still exist in the new patch).

I'll refund your onlyfans sub but I'll let you keep your access because I like you, okay? I hope you can forgive me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • galvia changed the title to Crusader Cleric Meta in 6.200 (UPDATED 11/08/2020)

Hey folks! I've updated this guide for 6.200. I expect there will be some minor changes to some of these things prior to the patch hitting live but I think the dust has mostly settled.

The big changes in the guide are around DiscsRaces, and Talents. Otherwise how you actually play a Crusader hasn't really changed much. Stand in your circle, press your spells.

TLDR you can go Human and be pretty happy, there are lots of new discs, and I like two different builds but TBH just go full healer.

On 11/8/2020 at 8:51 AM, galvia said:

Hey folks! I've updated this guide for 6.200. I expect there will be some minor changes to some of these things prior to the patch hitting live but I think the dust has mostly settled.

The big changes in the guide are around DiscsRaces, and Talents. Otherwise how you actually play a Crusader hasn't really changed much. Stand in your circle, press your spells.

TLDR you can go Human and be pretty happy, there are lots of new discs, and I like two different builds but TBH just go full healer.

Does the BotG activatable racial no longer give you 5% healing mod?  It used to give you 5% for stage 1 plus 1800 point barrier (3 min duration) then an additional (stacking) 5% for stage 2 (30 sec duration) with another 1800 point barrier.  Those combined with Makin' Me Angry, high CON, block etc were the crux of a tanky cleric.  Your BOTG only states barriers.  The stage 1 uptime of 5% healing mod is what really helped you overcome the fact that you were a relatively unintelligent race.

unknown.png

Edited by Ble
22 minutes ago, Ble said:

Does the BotG activatable racial no longer give you 5% healing mod?  It used to give you 5% for stage 1 plus 1800 point barrier (3 min duration) then an additional (stacking) 5% for stage 2 (30 sec duration) with another 1800 point barrier.

It does still, 2 minute duration. When I wrote that section initially (it is mostly unedited) HG was not a great race so I was lazy with it. I've gone ahead and updated this - thank you!

23 minutes ago, Ble said:

The stage 1 uptime of 5% healing mod is what really helped you overcome the fact that you were a relatively unintelligent race.

This is still the situation, but they are far better now with better crafters available in the game to make up for some of the missing stats. Good race!

Hi @galvia , I appreciate you updating this for 6.2. Does the recent change of Transcendent Warrior's Divine Aura Personal Healing Modifier from 20% to 10% influence your thinking of TW as the staple disc?

Love this guide. I enjoy the cleric a lot and as an old SB player wanted to recreate the Prelate class a bit. Radical sort of scratched the itch, but after building both a Radical and an Arbiter w/God's Reach, I'm firmly in the Arbiter camp now. It seems do do the Radical's job better than the Radical without sacrificing healing potential. Basic attacks do silly damage with Ult, Arbitration and Spirit Whip throwing into a cluster of folks. You said you were maybe working on a guide for the Radical and wondered what you thought.

This has been my favorite build so far:

Half Giant. Major discs: Rune Caster and Scrapper. Minor discs: God's Reach, Spirit Whip and Sparring. All points into Int. Save a talent point by not picking a domain.

Haven't gotten past a white vessel or anything to know performance beyond that. Comparing it with the Radical Half Giant I made, I'd go Arbiter for team fights any day.

Play to crush, carebears.

12 hours ago, Thon said:

Hi @galvia , I appreciate you updating this for 6.2. Does the recent change of Transcendent Warrior's Divine Aura Personal Healing Modifier from 20% to 10% influence your thinking of TW as the staple disc?

Hey Thon!

It definitely takes it down a well deserved peg. So far on LIVE it still provides 20% so I'm not going to update this yet, but when it does get updated I think it just becomes a quality option if you heal groups that take a lot of constant damage (like Melee groups). I don't know if there is a staple disc anymore if that nerf takes effect - though I will still recommend it as it works just about all the time.

6 minutes ago, Thon said:

Thanks. When you're building a crusader on Transcendent Warrior, are you dropping Holy Aura from your talent tree or using each situationally?

I pick depending on what is in the group - it's flexible.

• galvia changed the title to Healing Cleric Meta in 6.510 (UPDATED 04/16/2021)
Posted (edited)

OK I've been pinged on discord and on streams enough, I've updated the guide to 6.510.

It's basically a full re-write with much of the content changed to accommodate Arbiters. I may have messed some stuff up with the copy and paste from my doc, let me know if you see any weird errors.

TL;DR Cleric is still dank, the builds are similar, go heal people.

As always, feedback is welcome in the thread or through discord.

Edited by galvia
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the guide.  All of the class forums could use more people like you contributing.  I do have a question about God’s Reach to equip throwing hammer.  It does such negligible damage and costs a minor discipline slot.  Is it only good for leveling?  Throwing out an occasional 100 dmg doesn't seem to be worth it since you're most always in group and focussed on healing.  What might be a good replacement? 

18 hours ago, DirkFormica said:

It does such negligible damage and costs a minor discipline slot.  Is it only good for leveling?  Throwing out an occasional 100 dmg doesn't seem to be worth it since you're most always in group and focussed on healing.  What might be a good replacement? 

So Gods Reach offers +Support Power on > white versions of the disc, which is the second reason why you take the minor (it's one of the best raw healing minors).

The biggest reason you take the disc is to gain two action bars. This allows you to flex between block and roll depending on the situation, allows you to slot rez and other useful utility spells into your melee tray without eating a useful bar slot for 10 minutes after you use it, and it extends your threat range. 100 damage hammers are not a huge deal, but extra damage matters, especially when you are waiting on healing CDs to come back up.  Being able to do something from a safe distance is useful in fights.

Most newer clerics don't gain much value out of two bars just due to inexperience, but the best clerics out there are far harder kill because they know when they should be rolling out, and they know when they should be blocking major damage abilities.