Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

THE ACE Q&A AUGUST LIVESTREAM - AUG 6th 11AM CDT/6PM CEST

The ACE Q&A Livestream returns Thursday August 6 at 11AM CDT/6PM CEST.  J. Todd Coleman (Creative Director) and Thomas Blair (Design Director) will update players on the status of Crowfall playtesting and answer questions from the stream!

Tune in to be one of the first to know what’s next for Crowfall! Twitch.tv/CrowfallGame

Please go outside and get in the sun. 

Edit: Question, Any chance of putting resources towards a dev tracker and a wiki?

Question, What is the progress with unity upgrade and what are you expecting performance wise with that upgrade?

Edited by mystafyi

Can you guys please show us how dmg and healing is calculated in this game? Like, just show us the formula. No matter what I do my predictions are always slightly wrong. Not like there is any reason for that not to be common knowledge.

There is no reason for posts such as these to be popping up:

Templar basic attack description conflicts with the reality like A LOT. For example, it says that it hits for 162 + 162% weapon damage but in the reality it only hits for 64 damage (normal) and 82 damage (critical).

Is it working correctly? Who knows! Help us help you, man.

Edited by BarriaKarl
10 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

Can you guys please show us how dmg and healing is calculated in this game? Like, just show us the formula. No matter what I do my predictions are always slightly wrong. Not like there is any reason for that not to be common knowledge.

Ive tried aswell across several classes after seeing this and there no consistancy it seems, even with the same equations on level 1 characters with nothing but start equipment to minimise the variables doing the same equation i would get numbers all over the place some under what it should some dead on if i ignore certain bonuses and so on soo the result wernt consistant so i feel something off in the calculations but without knowing the exact equations there only speculations.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

1 hour ago, BarriaKarl said:

This would be nice. I'm sure some players and devs like us to figure it out ourselves but with this system I'm not even going to bother.

What would really help are tooltips that update and provide actual performance, not just default meaningless numbers. No clue how difficult that is but seems fairly standard in gaming these days.

Equip a piece of armor, raise a stat a few points, and adding a discipline, should show tooltips reflecting what they will actually should do, not spending time with a calculator and spreadsheet trying to map it out and find the secret formula. 

If this happened then we could hopefully easily see if something wasn't working and actually test and build characters coming from a place of information.

Since Factories have been put on the post launch, is Salvaging still going to be a launch feature or is this also sent to the post launch queue?

An update on guild bank functionality would be great.

Has the new crafting UI been finalised and could possibly be shown?

With the change to how a full re-roll works, is this your intention to reduce the economic impact of Chaos Embers and put gold firmly back at the top as the universal trading resource?

Can you give any insight if anything is being thought about helping Guilds with rewards for campaigns and such like in other games like conqurors blade where all rewards are given to all players in the guild weekly (in Crowfall terms i would assume at the end of the campaign), to help retain players in guilds and potentially in game. Any kind of additional motivation the game can have to help guilds i am sure would be appreciated :)

Hope everyone is well and thank you for all your hard work as always.

Would be great to hear and see about "what still is to be done until beta"

imo part of the todos would be:

• Class-Promotions - most of them are off-meta/useless, what are your plans to make players take others than actual meta choices?
  • minor-discs - most of them are off-meta/useless, what are your plans to make players take others than actual meta choices?
  • weapons & armors - seems like there is no depth to it. just flat dmg/mitigation. will there be sth. where in the end choices really matter (leather good vs elemental, mail allround, plate good vs physical)?

A lot of game systems remind me of a pen&paper rulebook, now that most of macrowork seems to be done I would appreciate to see the microwork on those. 

Are you still looking for a short closed beta or may plans change there?

We might be at the transition from testing to playing, but not sure if there is already enough depth to make it longterm engaging. For that we would need more active players and for that we need beta, but not a short one imo.

Questions for Q&A:

1. Guild banks

I seriously don't want to be annoying but the GUILD BANK issue is really making our lives hard in Crowfall. So I'd like to hear an update on how the progress is going with guild banks. Plus, having a lootable guild bank in keeps will add enthusiasm to guilds to test sieges as often as they can (a risk/reward thing, right?!) 😈    It feels like having that big prize / loss in mind, sieges would become even more exciting 🤩

2. Communication and players' feedback: what works well (give us some understanding)

Testing: what testers are doing right (what really helps developers) and what actions actually slow down the development process? What are the most efficient and correct ways of delivering information and suggestions to ACE? Right now many of us don't have clear understanding of how and where to deliver our feedback. Thus, everyone is doing it in their own ways: some leave feedback and suggestions on the forum, some send direct messages to devs, some have direct communication (chat/voice) with devs.

Overall, having all these communication channels is a great thing, I don't even know any other game where devs are so open minded and responsive to the community. At the same time, it is also good to have some type of structure here too. At least, I would like ACE to share information with broad audience which channels of communication and feedback are the most efficient to both side? And what type of feedback from players helps the most in game development? We all want Crowfall to develop as quickly as it can be so having the information what works well and what doesn't work well will be helpful. Communication is the key to success.

3. Balance / rework to classes and races: Frostweavers, Assassins, Humans 
Frostweavers: I understand that FWs were nerfed right now because they were significantly overpowered and they really broke the balance. That's why ACE devoted some time to it to nerf FWs. At the same time, earlier JTodd said that the balance for different races and classes will happen some time between BETA & Release (correct me if I'm wrong). I would like you (ACE or JTodd personally) to close this "Gestalt" and tell the community when will the balance / rework to Frostweavers race and others will take place (Assassins & Humans too). Otherwise, people will keep debating, begging and wasting their time writing numerous posts on forum about how bad Frostguards, Icecallers, Archmages and Assassins have become...

P.S. My suggestion to balance/buff Human race: add an extra slot for Major discipline as a Human specific bonus. Simple as that. It will make them viable and interesting to play again (it will allow numerous builds and variations to humans). Moreover, lore-wise, humans were always average to low stats race with more flexibility. Adding an extra Major disc slot will be in the line with this historic understanding of human race.

4. The most obvious but, at the same, time the most anticipated question is: how's the progress with fixing Crash issues going and when to expect Patch 5.125 on LIVE?

5. How is the siege weapon damage calculated? Does your AP, weapon damage, crit chance and other combat related stats influence the final damage that siege weapons do?

Edited by SAM_BUKA

Tyrant: you were too tough, they gave up. (10/15/2020)

49 minutes ago, SAM_BUKA said:

Questions for Q&A:

1. Guild banks

I seriously don't want to be annoying but the GUILD BANK issue is really making our lives hard in Crowfall. So I'd like to hear an update on how the progress is going with guild banks. Plus, having a lootable guild bank in keeps will add enthusiasm to guilds to test sieges as often as they can (a risk/reward thing, right?!) 😈    It feels like having that big prize / loss in mind, sieges would become even more exciting 🤩

Well, there will be no lootpinata if the defending guild is active and not overconfindent...
Before Siegewindow... clear keepchest, distribute to accounts, drop in worldbank... after Siegewindow get all stuff out of worldbanks, put it back to keepbank.

It should be already enough pleasure to maybe steal some already done buildings, deny points from belltower, and of course the capturepointloss if you manage to takeover the (mini-)keep. It is about getting/loosing control of that "safespot" that has many values. imo no other prize needed.

2 hours ago, Surelia said:

Well, there will be no lootpinata if the defending guild is active and not overconfindent...
Before Siegewindow... clear keepchest, distribute to accounts, drop in worldbank... after Siegewindow get all stuff out of worldbanks, put it back to keepbank.

It should be already enough pleasure to maybe steal some already done buildings, deny points from belltower, and of course the capturepointloss if you manage to takeover the (mini-)keep. It is about getting/loosing control of that "safespot" that has many values. imo no other prize needed.

Like all barbarians, I like to grab peoples' stuff and make it mine. I also will not be upset if that happen to me as I'm aware of consequence 💣😎

If some players and guilds like PVE stuff more and love to spend hours and hours managing their banks and moving stuff back and forth - good for them. As a PVP-focused player I like raids, sieges, Throne Wars and brawls... I will leave people who like to poopsock do their thing. At the end of the day, everyone does whatever they like to do. That's the beauty of an open-world MMO game.
😜
hulk-smash-dont.jpg

Edited by SAM_BUKA

Tyrant: you were too tough, they gave up. (10/15/2020)

5 hours ago, BarriaKarl said:

I completely disagree. Do not show behind the curtain. Some of us have figured out the damage calc, and it took time and effort. If you think a power is bugged or the description is wrong, then send it in as a bug.

Just now, McTan said:

I completely disagree. Do not show behind the curtain. Some of us have figured out the damage calc, and it took time and effort. If you think a power is bugged or the description is wrong, then send it in as a bug.

Really? And you all hogged it? Pft, c'mon guys that is just sad... You guys take this way too seriously...

Should we all have kept the crafting combination hidden too? I mean, gotta have all the edge against others, am I right? Maybe bring down malekai? How dare it make possible for people to get information easily!

Ah, who cares. Devs call. Wanna keep it hidden do so. Or maybe make it easy for people to test. Tough choice really...

9 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

Really? And you all hogged it? Pft, c'mon guys that is just sad... You guys take this way too seriously...

Should we all have kept the crafting combination hidden too? I mean, gotta have all the edge against others, am I right? Maybe bring down malekai? How dare it make possible for people to get information easily!

Ah, who cares. Devs call. Wanna keep it hidden do so. Or maybe make it easy for people to test. Tough choice really...

It took me 2 hours. I did it last week, while only Test servers were up. It has helped me conceptualize my group builds. Good luck out there!

Edited by McTan
Just now, McTan said:

It took me 2 hours. Good luck out there!

Nah, gotta better stuff to do. Y'all gotta realize that for most people it doesnt matter. I am not gonna waste my time. If this game doesnt wanna help me help it suceed it might as well flop.

1 minute ago, BarriaKarl said:

Nah, gotta better stuff to do. Y'all gotta realize that for most people it doesnt matter. I am not gonna waste my time. If this game doesnt wanna help me help it suceed it might as well flop.

Perfectly reasonable perspective. Mine is that the game is designed around competition, and learning how it works is part of gaining an edge. 

Just now, McTan said:

Perfectly reasonable perspective. Mine is that the game is designed around competition, and learning how it works is part of gaining an edge. 

Sure, pretty sure that exclusive knowledge of yours will pay off. Seems to hold tremendous weight...

Then people ask why we cant have nice stuff. People are perfectly willing to hoard the most useless knowledge that would help everyone as a whole for minimal advantage...

4 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

Sure, pretty sure that exclusive knowledge of yours will pay off. Seems to hold tremendous weight...

Then people ask why we cant have nice stuff. People are perfectly willing to hoard the most useless knowledge that would help everyone as a whole for minimal advantage...

I guess I would know what weight it holds competitively better than you do. If the Devs want to release it, they should. That they haven't indicates they agree more with me than you. It does provide an advantage, and that advantage should be earned not given, even if it complicates how precise your feedback is. If, indeed, that Templar LMB acts the way it does, you've given the feedback.

Anyway, I've said my piece. Your perspective is useful for the health of the game, but so is mine.