Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crowfall announces Beta is Coming August 11th!

2 hours ago, Tinnis said:

@Tyrant / @jtoddcoleman

as i imagine this will be a repeated question - and the article doesn't explicticly state:

Will free account sign up joining the queue into later beta groups cease on the 11th 'start'?

We are not going to close beta registration when Beta opens but it is possible we will close Beta at some point. We will strive to give notice ahead of that point. Thanks!

6 hours ago, Tinnis said:

@Tyrant / @jtoddcoleman

as i imagine this will be a repeated question - and the article doesn't explicticly state:

Will free account sign up joining the queue into later beta groups cease on the 11th 'start'?

We are not going to close beta registration when Beta opens but it is possible we will close Beta at some point. We will strive to give notice ahead of that point. Thanks!

31 minutes ago, KingsLetter said:

I still dont understand who gets access to the beta. Is it open to all backers or do we need to wait for invitation?

31 minutes ago, KingsLetter said:

I still dont understand who gets access to the beta. Is it open to all backers or do we need to wait for invitation?

you need to wait for an invitation. They will be allowing email sign ups from 2015 in 1st and around 1000 people at a time to test things out over days/weeks. Then adding in the next 1000 players etc until all is done and able to play the game. If you signed up in 2017 or 2018 don't expect to be playing until at least 1 or 2 month from august 11th as you are behind hundreds of thousands of other players. Likewise if you signed up TODAY don't expect to be playing probably for 6 months. On the plus side is that you get to play for free and by the time you do get into the beta it will be a lot more complete and polished 

Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA

15 minutes ago, YouTubejasonwivart said:

you need to wait for an invitation. They will be allowing email sign ups from 2015 in 1st and around 1000 people at a time to test things out over days/weeks. Then adding in the next 1000 players etc until all is done and able to play the game. If you signed up in 2017 or 2018 don't expect to be playing until at least 1 or 2 month from august 11th as you are behind hundreds of thousands of other players. Likewise if you signed up TODAY don't expect to be playing probably for 6 months. On the plus side is that you get to play for free and by the time you do get into the beta it will be a lot more complete and polished 

Right, I signed up/backed the game in 2015 week one when it went up KS, hopefully i can get in soon.

48 minutes ago, KingsLetter said:

If you ever have paid for Crowfall at any point, you can play it immediately. Invitations are for those who dont wanna pay for the game.

Tyrant: you were too tough, they gave up. (10/15/2020)

10 minutes ago, SAM_BUKA said:

If you ever have paid for Crowfall at any point, you can play it immediately. Invitations are for those who dont wanna pay for the game.

Even with Beta? >___>

5 hours ago, KingsLetter said:

Even with Beta? >___>

In Crowfall there is a difference between the test access level and the games stage of development.

• Game development stage is currently alpha and with the original posting above has now been announced to move over to beta with in the next few days.
  • Since about a year or so the lowest test access level to be able to download and use the TEST or LIVE client is beta-3.
  • The new invites will include the test-access-levels beta-4 and lower.

Beta-3 is the lowest level of any purchasable bundle that include the later game - so everybody who bought the game is already able to test it (also means this doesn't include the 5$ "Supporter-Bundle" from kickstarter, since it didn't include the game).

Test-access levels lower than beta-3 have been granted to anybody who registered an account on the website. Those "free-beta" testers will now be invited in batches, depending on their beta level (which refers to their date of registration).

Test access levels can be looked up in your account profile -> backer rewards. Looks like this:

CGXMFyz.jpg

The "best" test access level is the one eligible. (Pre-Alpha 1-2, Alpha 1-3, Beta 1-10+).

The new invites should be sent out via email ... to those who opted in to receive Crowfall news. The according setting can be found in
your Account profile. Looks like this:

vuIMtyA.jpg

If you should have access, due to your test-access level, you should be able to download the LIVE and/or TEST client on the download page. If you are sure you are entitled, but still can't download it, you may contact support@crowfall.com to help you. Make sure to include your account name, backer level and describe the issue short but thoroughly - it will make it faster and more easy for both sides.

Have fun, good luck
Kraahk

Dear Devs,

is there a possibility that we can see on which BETA-Invitation-Level we are? So we can tell our friends in higher Beta Groups: " Get ready now! They are at Group 13. Tonight you can grind the whole forest!"

A time schedule would be great.