Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
remec

Non-Consensual PvP - Yes Please!!!!

Non-Consensual PvP  

438 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a game with Non-Consensual PvP?

• Hell Yeah!!!!
    • No Way!!!!

You're into non-consensual activities? Looks like your qualified to play quarterback for the Florida State Seminoles.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Maybe a specific server or setting toggled would enable this, but forcing this would probably scare away a good amount of people.

Lol this guy

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Maybe a specific server or setting toggled would enable this, but forcing this would probably scare away a good amount of people.

Aww.. that's cute. You can't build a better version of SB/UO/DF that also has voluntary pvp flags.

2eyfm20.jpg

No.  Nope, not for me if they do that.  PvE is what I'm looking for.  I don't PvP and no one's going to make me.  Plain and simple.  I won't buy this game if it's that, which the makers may or may not care about.  I don't really care if they care.  They're going to sell what they want to sell and I'm either going to buy it or not.  If it's nonconsensual PvP, I'm not.

Not quite carebear, but sort of cousin to,

meh, grumpy old lady...

Never underestimate grumpy old ladies.

The more you get PvPednthe more you'll like it.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Hmm.

I don't want a game where you can do everything and not have to encounter PvP.

I don't want a game where as soon as I log in, some body is killing me before my load screen is gone.

I think a great game could be made that could include both worlds and would only make the true griefers unhappy.  And people who want full world no safe zone pvp for the most part are not the greifers.  It's that small (very small) minority that just can't be happy unless they are making someone else miserable.  And if a game could be made that everyone enjoyed except them, that WOULD be a great game.

I would like to see more of a safe zone than just a newbie island.  I liked the concept that DF had with their racial cities being safe areas.  You could do a lot in the safe areas, but to truly enjoy the game, you had to leave town.  Because, there was no greater fun than engaging in a seige.

As long as the safe zones are contained, and are limited, I am ok with this.  Let people have a place to go to relax and socialize, sell their wares, do some crafting.

But, don't let it be where you can do most of the gathering and crafting in the safe areas.  For example, if there are craftign levels from 0 to 100 for example, maybe the crafting stations in the safe areas are capable of making up to level 30 to 50.  Anything else requires getting out of the fraidy hole.  And there should be no way to gather mats beyond the lowest level stuff in the safe zones.

I rememember the early early early days of DF, where we went out as a guild, with scouts out and about while a large group gathered stone, iron, and wood.  Good times that.  Finding a nice active guild that fits you is the key to getting the full enjoyment out of games like that.

If there are to be areas like this, I would like to see something a bit different myself.  I don't want to see the towers that early DF had, nor the zones that pvp just wasn't possible in as the later DF had.  Maybe something like the guards at the docks that Archeage does, but instead of stationary, have patrols that roam.  So that in a 'safe' city, some areas are safer than others.  Some areas are heavily patrolled and impossible to do PvP without getting attacked immediatly, to areas where occasionally you might be able to get away with it, to areas that hardly ever see a patrol.

If the game is done right, it shouldn't matter if there are safe zones or not implemented, as the majority of people would not stay in these starter zones long.  All the fun, all the good crafting, all the player housing, all the good loot, everything would be 'out there'.

And most of the pvp would be consensual, because the fighting would be for more than just the fun of fighting someone else, because there would be a bigger goal (aquiring rare mats, claiming land, or whatever).

Yes please. Even if you can't kill anyone, only opposing factions, as long as they can be killed anywhere and the world isn't sectioned off by faction. Oh and I need to be rewarded for killing random players (or enemies) some way. Full or partial looting would be prefered.

Yes please. Even if you can't kill anyone, only opposing factions, as long as they can be killed anywhere and the world isn't sectioned off by faction. Oh and I need to be rewarded for killing random players (or enemies) some way. Full or partial looting would be prefered.

Could not agree more. It's time to stop feeling so safe and cushy in an MMO.

QgGGP67.gif

No.  Nope, not for me if they do that.  PvE is what I'm looking for.  I don't PvP and no one's going to make me.  Plain and simple.  I won't buy this game if it's that, which the makers may or may not care about.  I don't really care if they care.  They're going to sell what they want to sell and I'm either going to buy it or not.  If it's nonconsensual PvP, I'm not.

Curious how you ended up on this forum...  Is Play2Crush confusing in any way, shape, or form?

rSHxVEY.gif

I've got a couple thoughts about this. I'm pretty sure the game is going to use factions, so there could be a few different types of PvP with restrictions.

1. Warzone PvP. When two factions go to war, the areas they control are divided by a warzone in which they can fight each other. As a faction wins battles, the warzone moves, leaving behind claimed territory and laying new areas under siege.

2. Duels. Within your faction's territory, or within the territory of a faction you're allied with, you can't just up and kill someone or there will be game-enforced (and possibly player-enforced) consequences. The only way to properly have a fight without ending up in jail or some other negative result is to challenge someone to a duel. This concept is pretty standard by now, but I think the added dimension of being able to kill another player regardless of the consequences would be an interesting twist.

3. Wilds. These are lawless territories owned by nobody, with no rules. Similar to warzones, anyone can fight anyone, and there are no game-enforced consequences for murder. These areas should provide stronger items to incentivise people into them, and could also be conquerable to expand a faction's territory.

I've got a couple thoughts about this. I'm pretty sure the game is going to use factions, so there could be a few different types of PvP with restrictions.

1. Warzone PvP. When two factions go to war, the areas they control are divided by a warzone in which they can fight each other. As a faction wins battles, the warzone moves, leaving behind claimed territory and laying new areas under siege.

2. Duels. Within your faction's territory, or within the territory of a faction you're allied with, you can't just up and kill someone or there will be game-enforced (and possibly player-enforced) consequences. The only way to properly have a fight without ending up in jail or some other negative result is to challenge someone to a duel. This concept is pretty standard by now, but I think the added dimension of being able to kill another player regardless of the consequences would be an interesting twist.

3. Wilds. These are lawless territories owned by nobody, with no rules. Similar to warzones, anyone can fight anyone, and there are no game-enforced consequences for murder. These areas should provide stronger items to incentivise people into them, and could also be conquerable to expand a faction's territory.

Factions? No please, usually in any rvr game i played i hated more the players of my faction that those called enemy and been not able to kill them made me quit those games. FFA forever

Se un uomo non è disposto a lottare per le proprie idee, o le sue idee non valgono nulla o non vale nulla lui. EZRA POUND

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER