Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
remec

Non-Consensual PvP - Yes Please!!!!

Non-Consensual PvP  

438 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a game with Non-Consensual PvP?

• Hell Yeah!!!!
    • No Way!!!!

Factions? No please, usually in any rvr game i played i hated more the players of my faction that those called enemy and been not able to kill them made me quit those games. FFA forever

I think Archeage got it somewhat right when it comes to same faction. If you are in a disputed zone, you could bloodlust and kill your own faction. 

QgGGP67.gif

I think Archeage got it somewhat right when it comes to same faction. If you are in a disputed zone, you could bloodlust and kill your own faction. 

yes in AA you can attack your own faction so why we need a faction? Just let the players made their own factions (guilds) and let the pvp be FFA (imo)

Se un uomo non è disposto a lottare per le proprie idee, o le sue idee non valgono nulla o non vale nulla lui. EZRA POUND

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

Put bluntly, open PvP everywhere would make the game unplayable. Unless everyone is always on equal footing (so no levels, no loot, etc. but more like an FPS with loadouts). I think most of us have been online long enough to realize that there's going to be at least some high-powered characters spawn-camping newbies if everything's a free-for-all. I seriously doubt the devs are going to intentionally create a situation in which trolling is basically inevitable.

My suggestion created a reason for safe zones to exist. I also included open-PvP areas in the form of warzones and wilds, the latter of which I assume would make up most of the world. You could kill faction members outside of your faction-controlled area: the game wouldn't do anything about it, but other players might. I think that's a good balance.

No.  Nope, not for me if they do that.  PvE is what I'm looking for.  I don't PvP and no one's going to make me.  Plain and simple.  I won't buy this game if it's that, which the makers may or may not care about.  I don't really care if they care.  They're going to sell what they want to sell and I'm either going to buy it or not.  If it's nonconsensual PvP, I'm not.

I'm looking for a game where I can use your head as a housing decoration.    Compromises happen.

I'm looking for a game where I can use your head as a housing decoration.    Compromises happen.

will you have mah cyberbabies?

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Factions? No please, usually in any rvr game i played i hated more the players of my faction that those called enemy and been not able to kill them made me quit those games. FFA forever

Nods, I am not a big fan of factions either. Half of the time you end up having people on your own faction acting like jerks because they know there isn't any consequences for their actions.

Maybe a specific server or setting toggled would enable this, but forcing this would probably scare away a good amount of people.

They've already said this game isn't for everyone. So, those people should learn to live with it if they want to play a game where risk happens. Read the entry to the game, they talk about RISK. If there is a carebear only server, where is the risk?

Yes to non-consensual!

I certainly hope this game has non-consensual PvP!!!! That's the best kind!!!!

No where for the care bears to run, except back to WoW.

Non-consensual?  Yes.  When it makes sense in the game world.

Nowhere to run?  No.

Carebears are a vital part of a healthy game ecosystem and their extermination can lead to the collapse of the entire in-game world... not to mention the company making the game.  Even CCP is learning this lesson- the hard way.

Oh... And I've never played WoW and don't intend to start.

As much fun as this can be for some people, ganking drives the majority of players away. All it really does is inflate some people's epeens, which is fine, i guess. Some people like that sort of things, but I would say most people don't.

Ganking suggests some sort of level disparity. Ganking lowbies is not what i am asking for.

If I don't like the way you look, I can Kill you.

If I don't like the guild tag you're wearing, I can kill you.

If i don't like the way you are tanking a dungeon, I can kill you.

If you refuse to role-play with me, i can kill you.

Simple enough.

Most games fail when they try and make everybody happy.

Edited by remec

QgGGP67.gif

Ganking suggests some sort of level disparity. Ganking lowbies is not what i am asking for.

If I don't like the way you look, I can Kill you.

If I don't like the guild tag you're wearing, I can kill you.

If i don't like the way you are tanking a dungeon, I can kill you.

If you refuse to role-play with me, i can kill you.

Simple enough.

Most games fail when they try and make everybody happy.

this one groks in fullness...

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

No.  Nope, not for me if they do that.  PvE is what I'm looking for.  I don't PvP and no one's going to make me.  Plain and simple.  I won't buy this game if it's that, which the makers may or may not care about.  I don't really care if they care.  They're going to sell what they want to sell and I'm either going to buy it or not.  If it's nonconsensual PvP, I'm not.

Wtf do you play for? I'm just...wtf?

I am liking the idea of safe zones that have penalties for idling. Have a newbie safezone with no penalties but various other safezones scattered around. An interesting penalty would be some sort of resource drain or perhaps even have the safezones be "locked" until you pay some kind of in game toll to access/remain in them. Heck in a game about risk the safezones should have some risks too.

I am liking the idea of safe zones that have penalties for idling. Have a newbie safezone with no penalties but various other safezones scattered around. An interesting penalty would be some sort of resource drain or perhaps even have the safezones be "locked" until you pay some kind of in game toll to access/remain in them. Heck in a game about risk the safezones should have some risks too.

The risk of dying to boredom and having your corpse picked dry by your faction or others in the safe zone. lol 

QgGGP67.gif