Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
remec

Non-Consensual PvP - Yes Please!!!!

Non-Consensual PvP  

438 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a game with Non-Consensual PvP?

• Hell Yeah!!!!
    • No Way!!!!

I certainly hope this thread means no instanced battlegrounds/arenas/etc. 

My vote is for World-PvP only, with no safe vs. contested "zones" or hubs or whatever. At most have a tutorial section like "Noob Isle" from SB. 

Fu3oW5d.png I must consider my sins

I think open world PvP with no choice would be great for this game, especially if the economy is based on transporting materials to safe spots from the Poi. There could be a lot of pirating/raiding supply lines that would be fun. Add in stealth abilities and there could be a lot of cool things to do. I do think EvE online has the best way of balancing PvP and Newbies. You could create areas where attacking someone would be deadly for the attacker (soldiers, guards, "police"), then as you go further and further from a city or fort, patrols would be less and less and it would be more dangerous. I think there sould be consequences (since that's part of the game design from what I understand) for attacking noobs in a starting zone as an experienced character, but not as much in a small tavern in a remote area.  

Edited by Calvin809

. I think there sould be consequences (since that's part of the game design from what I understand) for attacking noobs in a starting zone as an experienced character, but not as much in a small tavern in a remote area.  

i dunno...

i want to be able to gank the cop while he's in the outhouse

call me kooky, i guess...

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Yes please.

Being able to be killed, or kill others at any time is just simply awesome. It is too bad most games don't offer this, as it scared off a lot of people. I would rather have a lower population, than no open world PvP.

The two aren't mutually exclusive, but the former requires some kind of restriction or regulation.  It seems like this game will lean toward more open world pvp with protection for new characters, but we'll see soon enough!

I'm sure they could probably put that in the game too. :)

i dunno...

i want to be able to gank the cop while he's in the outhouse

call me kooky, i guess...

The two aren't mutually exclusive, but the former requires some kind of restriction or regulation.  It seems like this game will lean toward more open world pvp with protection for new characters, but we'll see soon enough!

Yah, it seems as though there will be safer worlds for the players who don't like PvP as much, and open world PvP in different "danger tiers". I assume rarer materials, and better items would be found in the more dangerous areas, as incentive to go out.

EOWWuhQ.png 

I can't believe this thread is still going.

It's back. And we need to keep this thing alive. No safe zones, no duel accepting, no flags.....just anarchy and tears....

QgGGP67.gif

PvP should happen in instanced arenas. Other wise how would I get my crafting done?

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Maybe a specific server or setting toggled would enable this, but forcing this would probably scare away a good amount of people.

I thought part of the beauty of this game was supposed to be 'Don't like non-consensual PvP? Then don't play in a campaign with that rule.'

PvP rule-set worlds need to have rewards of similar caliber as PvE worlds, the difference being that PvE rule-sets concentrate on teamwork against an AI while PvP rule-sets concentrate on the conquest of other players.

Edited by Vell

I thought part of the beauty of this game was supposed to be 'Don't like non-consensual PvP? Then don't play in a campaign with that rule.'

PvP rule-set worlds need to have rewards of similar caliber as PvE worlds, the difference being that PvE rule-sets concentrate on teamwork against an AI while PvP rule-sets concentrate on the conquest of other players.

There are no PvE only worlds.

There are no Raids.

There are no Dungeons

This isn't WoW 2015.

Here let me help you with what this game is supposed to be:

7. But the game will still have instanced based PvE raids, right?

No, actually.  Crowfall is a game is about territorial conquest and a player-driven economy – not PvE raids.

8. Do you have boss monsters?

Sort of.  Not exactly. 

We have creatures that are incredibly deadly, but they don’t hang out at the end of a dungeon waiting for you to come kill them.  They also don’t drop rare magic items when defeated – because that would undercut the player-driven economy.

http://crowfall.com/#/faq/54ca4668bffce6644cb33809

Edited by gauis

How is this even a question? A game without non-consensual PvP is about the equivalent of a life without arms, legs, hearing and sight, in other words completely custard useless, boring and pointless. 16% of votes? Wtf is this hogwash.

Member of The BlackHand Order

How is this even a question? A game without non-consensual PvP is about the equivalent of a life without arms, legs, hearing and sight, in other words completely ****ing useless, boring and pointless. 16% of votes? Wtf is this bull****.

Well look at this way.

The Poll was started almost exactly a month ago when we had Zero, Zip, Zilch, Nada, Nein information on what type of PvP the Devs were going for. Also at that time there was a relatively good sized and very vocal PvE crowd from a game called Wizard 101. That crowd were the ones that make up the majority of 16% you see in that poll and they tried to wage holy war on the PvP side (Mostly former Shadowbane players) by troll posting, getting a response and then reporting the poster of the response to get them banned. Now you don't see that many of them posting anymore. Now we just get a few PvEr's that stumble in here, don't read the stickies, the Faq's or anything else and make new threads and posts going over the same ground now for the 7th or is the 8th time now, get flamed and told to read the Faq's

Edited by gauis

Well look at this way.

The Poll was started almost exactly a month ago when we had Zero, Zip, Zilch, Nada, Nein information on what type of PvP the Devs were going for. Also at that time there was a relatively good sized and very vocal PvE crowd from a game called Wizard 101. That crowd were the ones that make up the majority of 16% you see in that poll and they tried to wage holy war on the PvP side (Mostly former Shadowbane players) by troll posting, getting a response and then reporting the poster of the response to get them banned. Now you don't see that many of them posting anymore. Now we just get a few PvEr's that stumble in here, don't read the stickies, the Faq's or anything else and make new threads and posts going over the same ground now for the 7th or is the 8th time now, get flamed and told to read the Faq's

Thanks mate, that was informative and a bit reassuring, I didn't know about this Wizard 101 crowd. Seems PvE carebears are always on crusades to ruin every game there is.

Member of The BlackHand Order

Thanks mate, that was informative and a bit reassuring, I didn't know about this Wizard 101 crowd. Seems PvE carebears are always on crusades to ruin every game there is.

Well it started like this:

There is this man named J. Todd Coleman that made a game called Shadowbane back in 2003 and the vision for that game was truly different. 98% of the content of that game was player made, controlled and fought over. There was no hard coded factions, it was all player done and outside of a starting area and a few safehold areas used by newbies and for trade you could be killed everywhere by other players. As time passed he left Shadowbane and later found himself employed by King Isle to make games for them, which he did: Wizard 101 and Pirate 101. These were games that are friendly to all including 10 year olds and what little PvP there was in them was turn based card battles.

Now time pass and J. Todd Coleman gets together with some others and decided to make a new game and when it was announced he had two built in fan bases that were 180 diametrically opposed and when they got here they clashed. The first group came from a place were the PvP extended onto the boards and the other came from a very tightly controlled environment...well you can guess how it went from there.

Well it started like this:

There is this man named J. Todd Coleman that made a game called Shadowbane back in 2003 and the vision for that game was truly different. 98% of the content of that game was player made, controlled and fought over. There was no hard coded factions, it was all player done and outside of a starting area and a few safehold areas used by newbies and for trade you could be killed everywhere by other players. As time passed he left Shadowbane and later found himself employed by King Isle to make games for them, which he did: Wizard 101 and Pirate 101. These were games that are friendly to all including 10 year olds and what little PvP there was in them was turn based card battles.

Now time pass and J. Todd Coleman gets together with some others and decided to make a new game and when it was announced he had two built in fan bases that were 180 diametrically opposed and when they got here they clashed. The first group came from a place were the PvP extended onto the boards and the other came from a very tightly controlled environment...well you can guess how it went from there.

I like this story. Can you start with "Once upon a time..." and end it with " the carebears cried and cried...but in the end they all died."

Edited by remec

QgGGP67.gif

As time passed he left Shadowbane and later found himself employed by King Isle to make games for them, which he did: Wizard 101 and Pirate 101.

Maybe nitpicking, but I keep seeing this disjunction - distancing Todd from KI. He was a co-founder. Wizard101 was, in large part, his vision. I feel like when a lot of the momentum of the community is their belief in the leadership, this is a pretty important bit of context.

I don't really care what you draw from it, or how you feel about any particular game. I just think you do yourself a favor by understanding the relationships present.