Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
remec

Non-Consensual PvP - Yes Please!!!!

Non-Consensual PvP  

438 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a game with Non-Consensual PvP?

• Hell Yeah!!!!
    • No Way!!!!

No.  Nope, not for me if they do that.  PvE is what I'm looking for.  I don't PvP and no one's going to make me.  Plain and simple.  I won't buy this game if it's that, which the makers may or may not care about.  I don't really care if they care.  They're going to sell what they want to sell and I'm either going to buy it or not.  If it's nonconsensual PvP, I'm not.

We need more of this.

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Playing a game that keeps its new players ganked again and again will cause those players to stop playing it before understanding what kinda game it was . In addition we also know that playing a consensual PvP based game is also boring even if it promises lots of different gifts or such goodies at the end of the PvP to the winner side . 

What I must underline is a real PvP game always makes you its addict like Shadowbane . If most of us still remember that game or having little chats about the game '' proves '' it .

I pledged $750 towards a PvP game.. from the same makers of Shadowbane?? I only assumed it was a free for all PvP game.. they used risk as an example.. if people want a game where their hands are going to be held they can always go play WoW..

Now that I think about it... isn't that what originally happened to Shadowbane? Unfortunately Ubi dropped Shadowbane in hopes of launching a WoW clone.. now that there are tons of WoW clones out there it's time to bring something back that we've all been missing.. PvP.

Edited by thenebrosity

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

I'm just going to say: Yes. Yes there should be non-consensual pvp.

There should be penalties for hitting allies.

There should be tactical gameplay.

Co-ordination of strikes with an ally should actually make an impact if the enemy doesn't see it coming.

Carebears can stay in base and craft.

I don't want to set up some kind of scheduled warfare with the enemy.

The worlds are scheduled warfare.

If carebears don't like it, they can live in the Eternal Worlds, where they have control of the rules.

I don't want to see carebears dictate the direction of a full PVP game!!

I'm just going to throw this out there but:

There ARE things Carebears can do in a full-pvp game like this without it getting in the way of the pvp aspect.
More than likely, we'll see most carebears playing in the tri-faction worlds. Faction borders are most likely to be set up and defended by pvp lovers. Behind faction borders is likely to be safer territory, with the safest being deep in to that factions territory. As in, near their first fortification before they expanded outward.

Carebears can pve to their hearts content in there, so long as they stay aware that players can and will invade a factions territory to hunt.

In fact, I can see a fair number of Carebears deciding to be dedicated crafters. There is resource gathering. There are pve enemies, though these will get stronger over time. Crafters and resource gatherers (including off pve enemies) will be a necessity for creating supplies that will ultimately lead to maintaining the war effort. Yes, you read that correctly. There is no fighting without crafting. We need better gear. You are the gatherers and creators of our gear. We're using that gear to protect you, to defend our borders, and to expand outward. Without you, or pvp-lovers willing to do what you would otherwise enjoy doing, there is no war. Our faction loses. But don't get big headed about it. Without us, the pvp-lovers, you also lose. We work as a team.

That being said, carebears do all need to realise what kind of game this is. It's being made for full, strategic pvp. Every world is war, and each side of that war is made up of players going against each other. Again, it's a PVP game. PVP is in the description. PVP is in all of the FAQs about each system. Elements of the game cater to the Carebears, but if the whole game did, this wouldn't be a full pvp game. The devs vision goes poof.

Getting ganked is always a possibility. Warbands will be a thing. Assassins are a thing. Scouts will be a thing. Scouts getting ganked will be a thing. People will have to increase their situational awareness. A scout who just runs around and isn't careful is simply going to die. A lot. Until they learn to take care, even while running around. People in a warband need to be aware that they could be outmaneuvered, outnumbered, and completely outgunned. This is a PVP game. The game is designed to be played this way. That isn't to say those running around (assassins, for example), don't have to be careful themselves. They do. They really, really do. If you know someone is hunting in your territory, you don't very well allow them to continue. They're messing with your supply lines and resource gathering grounds. You don't very well let the enemy screw with your resources. Roaming assassins will likely encounter territorial defense assassins, or any variety of archtype. A single roaming scout may actually not be alone, and be on comms. That roaming scout may be acting as a short range scout for a bigger group.

There are a massive amount of possible scenarios, and people do need to stop thinking of this as if it were just a simple PVP server for an otherwise PVE game.

To use an EVE Online example, within faction territory is high sec space. Faction borders are low-high sec to low sec space. The area just outside of the borders is null sec space. Everywhere outside of that is wormhole space.

High sec space still comes with it's dangers. People may gank your ship for its contents (and spend little to do so in order to not lose much to Concord, the policing system of EVE). Then their buddies come in to loot your corpse. You still have to be careful. You are never truly safe, but here you're at your safest... arguably.

In low sec space, you aren't going to be as easily defended. Heck, it's dangerous in there to a point.

In null sec space, you need to rely on communications or being very, very, VERY careful. But having communications via comms or text is a necessity to avoid nasty groups. People will keep an eye on enemy movements and report in, but you still have to be very careful.

In wormhole space, you need to have an eye in the back of your head. You need to keep constant watch of your surroundings via scanning. Cloakers are assumed to be near every jump point, and you need to know how to deal with that. It's nerve racking and intense, but is also very exciting at times.

That is how Crowfall do, and why they can't just cater to carebears. But also why they can't just cater entirely to us pvp people.

Lets be honest... a lot of pvp people don't really care for much more than the fighting. So we do need carebears. But they need to realise that they also very much need us, the pvpers. Without us, they die unless they're willing to get used to full scale pvp.

Edited by Tyroki

There is nothing more immersive than Non-Consensual PVP. I use to be totally against it, but after seeing it in action, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm fine with NC PVP, so long I'm not insta killed while loading. If there's some sort of invulnerability while you load or you load in a "safe zone" then ok. What tends to happen with NC PVP is that it often stops prevents people from getting together and playing, just like DayZ/Rust, where anyone you come across, no matter what they or you have, WILL KoS you.

Lets be honest... a lot of pvp people don't really care for much more than the fighting. So we do need carebears. But they need to realise that they also very much need us, the pvpers. Without us, they die unless they're willing to get used to full scale pvp.

Pretty much what Tyroki said. This will be a fun game for both dedicated pvp'rs and those in-between.

Edited by bleakraven

I don't understand why people are even considering this game or posting on this forum against non-consensual pvp.. the example given to explain this game was Risk... everyone needs to understand that Crowfall will be the MMO equivalent of a Starcraft II or Age of Empires.. sure you can farm resources and poorly made socks but the game is about conquest and pvp. If you plan on playing this game plan on getting killed when ever you are outside of a safezone or in your home base.

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

Back in the day I played a game called Conquer Online.  It is free pk from level 10 to 120.

I Miss that rush of fleeing someone 30 levels over you because they might gank you, that weariness between two players who meet out on the field.  Is he going to attack me?  Should I attack first?

I miss the drama of killing someone over spawn encroachment only to fuel a blood war between two guilds.

I miss having a list of players who have wronged you and when you become powerful hunting them down, killing them, and then saying "That's for ganking me when I was level 20."

I miss the camaraderie of leveling in groups for safety in numbers.   I miss the friendships you forge in the trenches.  I miss having a game where YOUR REPUTATION MATTERS.

I am sick and tired of carebear zones where players who grief me can hide in relative safety.  I am tired of games where an entire guild of asshats cannot be knocked down a peg by a coalition of guilds working together.

I want drama.  I want death and destruction.

And if players want a carebear zone, they can go hide in their safe little no-pvp eternal kingdom.  The real game will be out there in the campaigns where danger and death lurk just outside of your FoV.

Back in the day I played a game called Conquer Online.  It is free pk from level 10 to 120.

I Miss that rush of fleeing someone 30 levels over you because they might gank you, that weariness between two players who meet out on the field.  Is he going to attack me?  Should I attack first?

I miss the drama of killing someone over spawn encroachment only to fuel a blood war between two guilds.

I miss having a list of players who have wronged you and when you become powerful hunting them down, killing them, and then saying "That's for ganking me when I was level 20."

I miss the camaraderie of leveling in groups for safety in numbers.   I miss the friendships you forge in the trenches.  I miss having a game where YOUR REPUTATION MATTERS.

I am sick and tired of carebear zones where players who grief me can hide in relative safety.  I am tired of games where an entire guild of asshats cannot be knocked down a peg by a coalition of guilds working together.

And if players want a carebear zone, they can go hide in their safe little no-pvp eternal kingdom.  The real game will be out there in the campaigns where danger and death lurk just outside of your FoV.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

OQa1xvz.png?1

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

EVE has been around since 2003. I'd say it has been a very successful game. Crowfall is not going to be a space based MMO, and EVE isn't a really good comparison. I'm talking about a sword and board mmo like we are all used to.

This a suggestion thread. Many of us want to see an MMO with PvP put first. This thread is about what we want. I believe that it is possible to make a successful MMO with PvP as it's focus. I wouldn't be here if i didn't think it was possible.

BAKA

Sword or Board, Space ships in space, are nothing more than visual abstractions of the underlying game mechanics.  Those mechanics as currently being discussed are quite similar.  I think given that the worlds reset regularly and that the rules and victory conditions on different worlds can and will be different that there is plenty of design space to actually be able to make PVP Grievers and Care-bears happy in the same game while not being on the same world.  Especially since everyone will get their own Player Housing World and have control over the PvP and Economic settings there.

Crowfall Division Captain (The Older Gamers) <TOG> - http://www.theoldergamers.com/

Personal Website - http://www.mmo-report.com

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Did the 2 of you watch the Kickstarter video?  There are going to be many different worlds with different rules and victory conditions to choose from.  It will be interesting to see metrics about which servers garner more players.

Crowfall Division Captain (The Older Gamers) <TOG> - http://www.theoldergamers.com/

Personal Website - http://www.mmo-report.com