Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
soulein

Promotion Classes

That was one thing that was nice about GW2:

As an Elementalist (for example... any caster would do), wielding daggers, I didn't just "hit with dagger... hit with dagger... hit with dagger... CAST SPELL!... hit with dagger... hit with dagger." My character simply fought with magic via the dagger. Fire magic? I'll channel the dagger slash into claws of flame. Lightning? I'll channel lightning into the dagger to make it a LIGHTNING WHIP!

It was pretty great, in a way. You weren't just some shmuck with a dagger who also happens to use elemental magic. You were an Elementalist with a dagger.

Of course, there was a lot of imperfection to GW2's weapon system. But, the point is, it was nice for class A to use the same weapon in a different way than class B. Made the classes that much more thematic by integrating their fighting styles into things, instead of just "All people with an Axe use it like this." Like "Axe" is an interesting fighting style.

This post brought to you by...
Lephys. Because everything's better with a smile facepalm.

Frostweaver is positioned as a DPS class rather than support, and even support classes don't have much healing. So I think this is unlikely.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

well, it is in beta Jihan, so I think what they want is ideas, not "this is how it is, so it's not going to happen". it's just an idea, maybe they could change frostweaver to a hybrid class with the heals being the players choice. I do see your point though.

yeah I feel like they won't have much to do with water, concentrating on ice-based magic. Purely based on the setting. Unless they move from more water based attacks in the earlier seasons to harsher ice attacks the closer it is to winter.

I represent The Guardians! 

LIBERTAS ARA AMPLUS

Camraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

well, it is in beta Jihan, so I think what they want is ideas, not "this is how it is, so it's not going to happen". it's just an idea, maybe they could change frostweaver to a hybrid class with the heals being the players choice. I do see your point though.

It's actually in pre alpha mate and they have stated many times there not looking for combat healin

Hey just Shout Bremmen and he will, Rise and Destroy the people you wish decimated :o

I would like to see a advanced class of a duel wielding swords with storm control but instead of using the swords for stabbing you use them for close combat casting "ofc you strike with them" but the main goal is to touch your opponents casting spells.

Another dream is what I'm dubbing "Frost Scion" now this is a full on caster but she sings her spells out which makes her a very different type of caster from the norm singing her spells into the world forming from her words taking shape making her free from weapons but slightly more stationary.

Hey just Shout Bremmen and he will, Rise and Destroy the people you wish decimated :o