Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am trying to accept the game they are developing, but this is not even in the same ballpark as the game I supported on Kickstarter.

So are you happy?

I am not.  Quest bugs for quests that should not have existed.  Money where we were promised player made, or none at all. 

No gear drops?  Eh, let's let random trash drops have stats you can't even put on crafted gear. 

I'll stop being coy, the game looks too cartoonish, which would be fine, I can accept almost any level of graphic IF the mechanics are good and smooth, but the game and pvp mechanics are turning up to be a re-wash of the same 'rock paper scissors' they promised wouldn't happen, the runes 're-imagining' just lead to form stronger 'metas' , and they are trying to imagine a way VIP doesn't become P2W, and the worlds design isn't what was to be either.

I won't even get into balance issues...and there's more, but really, I find it hard to even log in and spend points, which now seem secondary to equipping the right runes, because this isn't even a glimmer of the game we financially supported during Kickstarter.

Are you happy?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We tried the "players build everything even your starting gear" for years and it was a terrible experience for new players, and a terrible experience for server economies and low end PvP. We trie

Having a new player experience is important in such complex games. Being upset over that makes zero sense.

I am trying to accept the game they are developing, but this is not even in the same ballpark as the game I supported on Kickstarter. So are you happy? I am not.  Quest bugs for quests that

Just now, veeshan said:

on the quest topic, the only quests that exsist is basicly the tutorial quest so people learn how thing work. There like 20-30 mins of quests and thats it.

That's greater than no quests at all , as promised, yes?

1 minute ago, mivius said:

That's greater than no quests at all , as promised, yes?

no cause any new player had no clue what they were doing and left or spammed general chat with questions that player answering the same question 10 times a day.

The only quests that are in atm are essential for new player experience.

We can call them missions if u like then there would be no quests and only missions.

if you dont need the tutorial quest u can ignore them completly

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Just now, veeshan said:

no cause any new player had no clue what they were doing and left or spammed general chat with questions that player answering the same question 10 times a day.

The only quests that are in atm are essential for new player experience.

We can call them missions if u like then there would be no quests and only missions.

Except it's call the "Quest Journal', also indicative that it would be unlikely to be the last, as you don't add a whole tab just to do the intro line, but again, no quests, no missions, color it any way you want, some is greater than the none/zero we were promised.

It's 2020, if you jump into an MMO and can't orient yourself with the basics without someone holding your hand, maybe go learn to use a computer first? Don't know how to check a settings or control window? Don't know how to read? Don't care.

This was also sold to us as a non 'care bear' style game, we shouldn't need a basic instruction manual, it's not that complicated.

1 minute ago, mivius said:

Except it's call the "Quest Journal', also indicative that it would be unlikely to be the last, as you don't add a whole tab just to do the intro line, but again, no quests, no missions, color it any way you want, some is greater than the none/zero we were promised.

It's 2020, if you jump into an MMO and can't orient yourself with the basics without someone holding your hand, maybe go learn to use a computer first? Don't know how to check a settings or control window? Don't know how to read? Don't care.

This was also sold to us as a non 'care bear' style game, we shouldn't need a basic instruction manual, it's not that complicated.

Maybe the quest tab there to future proof themself to allow for player made quests. and where also are they gonna leave a quest in for new player experience quests

Veeshan Midst of UXA

3 minutes ago, GreenDeath said:

Having a new player experience is important in such complex games. Being upset over that makes zero sense.

HAHAH...wait, you were serious?  It was simple to start, and they've dumbed it down leading up and into beta.  I do not consider this complex, you and I are not the same.

2 minutes ago, veeshan said:

Maybe the quest tab there to future proof themself to allow for player made quests. and where also are they gonna leave a quest in for new player experience quests

Now we get into hypotheticals?  Look, empirical evidence: Do quests Exists? Yes.  Were were Promised NONE would exist? Yes.  Word broken, disappointment ensues, you can't argue around the facts.

2 minutes ago, mivius said:

HAHAH...wait, you were serious?  It was simple to start, and they've dumbed it down leading up and into beta.  I do not consider this complex, you and I are not the same.

Now we get into hypotheticals?  Look, empirical evidence: Do quests Exists? Yes.  Were were Promised NONE would exist? Yes.  Word broken, disappointment ensues, you can't argue around the facts.

Except it's call the "Quest Journal', also indicative that it would be unlikely to be the last

You started the Hypothetical assuming they would add more quest that isnt for the NPE

Veeshan Midst of UXA

1 minute ago, veeshan said:

Except it's call the "Quest Journal', also indicative that it would be unlikely to be the last

You started the Hypothetical assuming they would add more quest that isnt for the NPE

Correct, with conditional modifiers, but still referring to the base fact that what was said would not be in the game IS in fact in the game.  Your entire argument(s) hinge on "if's and maybe's" (hypotheticals per se), mine is still reliant on the facts at hand/empirical evidence.

See the difference? 

Obviously everyone is entitled to their own opinion but to say this game is not even in the ballpark of what they promised in the kick starter is a bit extreme. To expect every concept to be implemented exactly like they described 5 years ago is pretty unrealistic. They have not only kept to broad aspects of the game they promised but have added numerous features and mechanics that were not. All the while allowing backers to test and contribute feedback throughout the development. ACE has been upfront and open about any design changes they made through the consistent monthly update videos. I am not saying this game is perfect because obviously it is not. It is just now entering BETA and still has a long ways to go. Hell, I have been a Ruby Patron since 2016 and have not been able to play because I work overseas and have a crappy internet connection. Its nice to finally be able to play the BETA even if I still get constantly DC'ed. I am happy with backing this game because I trust ACE will continue to improve it and make it into something uniquely great.

Edited by yieldblue

Am I happy with the game?

Yeah. That doesn't mean I don't believe that ACE has miles to go before this thing is to be released, but I'm having a blast playing it. 

Does crafting need work? Absolutely. Should you be able to craft everything on day 1? Or 10? or 30? No. 

I have to be honest, I abhor PvE. I do it for gold, or to level guildies, but if you put great gear behind a quest or a dungeon, I'm gone man. I played Shadowbane for years, specifically because I didn't have to worry a lick about gear or quests or' hogwash.' I am here to farm souls. I have a day job, and if I it feels like a second job to gear up a toon, then I'm gone. Gear is great, but it all will end up breaking in the end, so who gives a 'poorly made dergs.' 

I don't know how often you play, but I've only been in CF since April, and the improvements to the game have been significant. You're in a game that moved from Alpha to Closed Beta literally yesterday, and upset that its not a fully hashed out game. 

Provide constructive feedback, report bugs, participate in the Q&As and more importantly, temper your expectations for a closed beta. I was in the WoW closed beta and believe me, it had some major issues, even with the hundreds of millions of dollars backing them. I'm not saying this is the next WoW, but WoW fixed their issues and I think some of the issues you have can be addressed well before release. 

Play murder hobo for a while, its a blast out here. 

Edited by EvilGhandi

I truly don't mean any harm, but I fully mean the disrespect. 

32 minutes ago, Jah said:

It's a tutorial that shows players the basics of how to play. You are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Sure, IF that was my only issue, it was just the one he latched onto, here, let's review some of the issues (not a complete list):

Told no quests = quests exist.

Told no PVE leveling/grinding = Exists AND FORCED to do to change to pvp server - *Special note here, while I keep seeing  "you can get there in 1 - 3 hours", that has not been my experience, grouping has been literally counter-productive, so while this may be true if you are organized, the day to day for someone who isn't, is a vastly different experience.

Told 100% player run economy = Gold drops, not player made, MUST use vendors for things like disciplines in most cases to start

Told No PVE loot drop = PVE loot is generally better than beginner crafting gear AND has stats that you can't put on crafted gear, *there are more issues here, I'm tired of talking about it at this point

....so I'll stop with those four.  I feel those fundamentally alter the premise on which we backed the game, and the game only follows 2 of the original promises, and one of them I contend is only going to be half honored, at best: It's an MMO, It contains PVP (I would say the promise would be that it's PVP centric, but I can make a cohesive argument it is not.)

Let's talk about things like combinignpoints 2 & 4 from above and farming Kings/Chiefs?  Or that like those , and motherloads, they have tried to create an artificial air of 'teamwork',when in reality they have only gated what they feel is 'more valuable' to benefit guilds over individuals, because the only other trick they used to get that kind of "feeling" (because the game lacks any REAL reason to cooperate otherwise, different argument though) is the 'rock paper scissors' aspect I have also previously mentioned.

1 hour ago, yieldblue said:

Obviously everyone is entitled to their own opinion but to say this game is not even in the ballpark of what they promised in the kick starter is a bit extreme.

Given what they promised and their broken word(s)? I think I'm going far too easy on them, but you know, forum rules and all.

1 hour ago, GreenDeath said:

The difference is you are trying to gatekeep the game and ignore what most everyone said was needed. A starter experience. You are using bias and personal stuff rather than fact and evidence.

See that (K) thing under my name?  Why don't you go read, and watch videos, I am simply holding the development team to their word, which has been repeatedly shown to be dubious at best.

To me, the changes they have made are tantamount to abandoning the principles of the game were literally 'sold' on. 

@mivius You're acting like they have completely gone away from what they have promised. Which they have not. They have kept and improved upon the core and have compromised on only a few. Besides, these changes were not made in a vacuum. They were based on internal testing, player feedback and only meant to improve the game play loop. Obviously, you are stuck on a few concepts (which I consider minor) and you're worried about the current game balance and combat (which is still being flushed out). Sorry, to hear you feel cheated but I do not share your opinion.

Edited by yieldblue

Simple solutions - don't like it, maybe it's not the game for you. The new player experience has been abysmal all through alpha. This is a very complex game and having 0 explanation after logging in for the first time would drive people away.

This is BETA. It just started, they are adding stuff to the game still. I'm not sure what you expected but clearly you are off-base. Things will change a lot between now and release - I hope you weren't expecting a release-ready game while you were installing the beta, because that would just be silly.