Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When will ACE nerf slayers?

1 hour ago, APE said:

Sin ult working would of been helpful, but still it isn't going to work balancing around 1v1. Every class needs to have strengths and weaknesses. Some swing way too far one way or another.

Totally agree. Which is why I believe class design as a whole needs some work, not whack a mole nerf/buff individual things without factoring in everything.

5 sec? I don't know but you can't cherry pick 1:1 compare classes/promos/powers. Assassins ideally should put out more burst then a slayer/duelist IMO. I believe both classes need a pass as duelist is very one dimensional where changing pepperbox or their firing rate/LMB damage would impact them quite a lot. If they don't have PB, what do they have? Assassin at least has access to different toxins and other powers that potentially can do something in a fight. In theory Sin's promos have more potential then Duelist. They just aren't great currently individually or as a package.

Assassin had its time where it was a lot more viable, guessing you missed that period. Unfortunately we have to wait for them to get around to tweaking things and in the meantime some choices are simply going to be at a disadvantage in particular matchups, team comps, or entirely. Vanguard Scouts giving you any trouble lately?

Nerfing Slayer isn't going to make Assassin or any class better. It's just going to make Slayer worse. Lets not have a race to who can reach the bottom first. Look at Frostweaver.

I didn't mean to make this about Assassin. I whine about that enough elsewhere on the forums :)

My point was that most CC in the game is on decently long cooldowns (like, 10-30s) and Slayer is not playing by the same rules. It would be different if there was some counterplay to it like a delayed activation with enough time to move out of the blast cone, or if dodge provided some iframes, or if it was just a slow instead of a hard stun.

I just think if you watch that video and think "yeah, it's okay that slayer can do that" it just implies that other classes/specs should be buffed significantly. Like, Frostguard being able to do its knockdown volatile spam like it could before. No one liked that .. and yet, that's basically what slayer has now.

Edited by nihilsupernum
39 minutes ago, nihilsupernum said:

I didn't mean to make this about Assassin. I whine about that enough elsewhere on the forums :)

My point was that most CC in the game is on decently long cooldowns (like, 10-30s) and Slayer is not playing by the same rules. It would be different if there was some counterplay to it like a delayed activation with enough time to move out of the blast cone, or if dodge provided some iframes, or if it was just a slow instead of a hard stun.

I just think if you watch that video and think "yeah, it's okay that slayer can do that" it just implies that other classes/specs should be buffed significantly. Like, Frostguard being able to do its knockdown volatile spam like it could before. No one liked that .. and yet, that's basically what slayer has now.

I don't like the CC/retaliate dynamic in this game. The last update improved it but it still needs work. That's why I suggested some sort of per player cooldown or improved immunity if they are getting CC repeatedly by the same target in a short time frame. I'd like to see Duelist/Slayer be more then pepperbox one tricks, but I'm not making the game. Same goes for Assassins, I don't want them popping out of stealth and stunlocking people to death either.

I'd be fine with stuns and knockdowns being removed completely from the game and replaced with suppress, blind, roots, etc.

People don't like long duration CC so instead ACE made a spammy CC/retaliate system. Both lead to players losing control of their player for X amount of time, be it 5 sec stun or 1+1+1 or whatever. Soft CC leave a lot more room for players to react without relying on retaliate.

Another options for Pepperbox is give it a combo. Could have Stun, Suppress, Blind, whatever with different cooldowns. Actually makes sense if you are getting peppered with bullets that they would do any of those.

The combo system is very under used for many classes and powers. I'd rather tone down certain OP powers and give classes more utility from combos. Ex: Aurora Emitter. Too many powers are brain dead hit as soon as off cool down. There should be more strategy and choice involved.

Edited by APE

Nerfing Slayer would be an oversight. It's one of the best designed, and most well thought out classes in the game. What we need are buffs to other classes, not a nerf to the most complete feeling classes in the game.

That said, It's good after a wipe because they can get closer to caps faster, but other classes will catch up with passive trees and gear.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, PAINDOTCOM said:

pepperpoorly made dergs is fine F4f2M3k.png lol they need a buff

What is the context to the number?

To me it looks like they need a buff. Look at this low number!

mpFe09M.png

Hopefully the upcoming character building 2.0 will help.

1 hour ago, APE said:

What is the context to the number?

To me it looks like they need a buff. Look at this low number!

mpFe09M.png

Hopefully the upcoming character building 2.0 will help.

idk why it changed peppershot, maybe i misspelled  it, personally idc if it get nerfed or not but if it doesnt then other classes need some serious buff cause no other class is putting out damage like that. thats a pepperbox crit against a pit fighter thats full crushing resist armor, right after that is a 3200 dynamite as well. I remember when champions were hitting that hard with vicious stomp and everyone cried and it was nerfed to the ground within days lol. I do hope 6.2 brings some serious changes cause the few classes that just outshine most others is getting boring, I would like more diversity and not seeing everyone playing the same crap.

2 hours ago, PAINDOTCOM said:

idk why it changed peppershot, maybe i misspelled  it, personally idc if it get nerfed or not but if it doesnt then other classes need some serious buff cause no other class is putting out damage like that. thats a pepperbox crit against a pit fighter thats full crushing resist armor, right after that is a 3200 dynamite as well. I remember when champions were hitting that hard with vicious stomp and everyone cried and it was nerfed to the ground within days lol. I do hope 6.2 brings some serious changes cause the few classes that just outshine most others is getting boring, I would like more diversity and not seeing everyone playing the same crap.

It sounds like they are almost redoing the entire character building process so anything happening currently is totally irrelevant.

As is, Slayers could have some funky blairmath bugs going on. Wouldn't be the first time that they or other classes did too much damage despite what on paper they should be putting out. Crush Pen from Shield Breaker could be doing double Pen. Who knows unless you figure out how that damage is being done.

There is only so many stats someone can get, especially on Live be it offense or defense. What is "full crush resist" look like? 100%?

Regardless, I'd much rather see others improved then one brought down to poor performance level. 

As I questioned context, that same Pit Fighter might very well heal that 2.5k back rather quickly, jump on over to the rodent and proceed to whittle them down. One random number means nothing. Or a Titan could pull the Slayer to them and the Pit and Slayer melt them. Or insert any scenario. 

On 8/30/2020 at 4:24 PM, nihilsupernum said:

It's not the double jump. It's everything. Look at this poorly made dergs. Just look at it!

Ranged aoe stun every 3 seconds!

More damage than a melee dps but at range!

This is the most bothersome thing about their kit IMO. Pepperbox is on such a short CD and they can get pips fast enough to stun you every couple seconds. Weapon finesse further reduces the cooldown.

They also are the only class to dodge with their ult AND get a dodge back AND CC with their ult.

No other class gets the same utility out of their ult.