Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Was Crowfall ready for Beta? Hmmmm....

DarnHippy

Things that should of happened before Beta imo

• Guilds in game not via website
  • Making classes/races feel fun to play not balanced but they need to be in a state where there enjoyable to play all specs
  • Crafting and harvesting need to be able to be actively progressed to the point they become useful to crafting greens equipment much like how combat you have an active element of leveling to 30 to gain power, crafting and harvesting needs that aswell to like 40/50 Assembly/Exp/Reaping people need to feel there in control with progression in some way to atleast a basic level
  • Map size needed to be bigger for the numbers were getting atm solo/duo friend player which alot of beta players are get stomped on every 10 minutes as a 5-10 man group run in checking for chief before rotating to next camp
  • Mounts probaly should of been in aswell

Veeshan Midst of UXA

43 minutes ago, Staff said:

i too would like 1 giant map, and an easier map to read 

If they were able to replace the circle with the map name to the the map itself with lines connecting the portals i think that be a whole lot better than currently is

Veeshan Midst of UXA

18 hours ago, veeshan said:
  • Crafting and harvesting need to be able to be actively progressed to the point they become useful to crafting greens equipment much like how combat you have an active element of leveling to 30 to gain power, crafting and harvesting needs that aswell to like 40/50 Assembly/Exp/Reaping people need to feel there in control with progression in some way to atleast a basic level

Imagine if combat passive training was tied to leveling, unlocking class powers, went at the same speed as crafting/harvesting passive progression, and actually impacted gameplay the same way.

"You have a flawed attack and miss your target!" At least you didn't have to click 50 times and waste hours of yours and others time in the process. 😄

There would be no complaining on the forums as no one would even be here anymore.

If harvesting and crafting are supposed to be full time roles then they need to function as such from day 1 for a new player. There is endless progression that can happen, but the initial buy in and fun factor needs to be much higher.

I`m more worried about 3-5 players guilds in CF. Well they are gone, because it is literally nothing to do inside a Dreg campaign for small scale PvP. You have guilds with 200+ members roaming the chieftain/king spots and rotate, because the map layout is that bad. I will tell you what is going to happen if Artcraft continue on this path - it will be less and less players bother with the game and just do something else with their sparetime. 

I don`t understand what they are thinking - no harvesters are active in the Dreg campaign, none. It is the same mistake as in old UO, most were farming in Trammel resources & gold, because no PvP zone and no risk. And u still get uncommon resources from Node lv 4 without exploration & harvesting focus runes in God`s Reach. 

Crowfall has a lot potential, but it is so horrible executed - a group of players above 20-30 players is no point unless it is an active siege going on, but since most guilds run groups much larger than that; you have no other activity in the Dreg map to keep players busy. Why harvest in the Dreg campaign when crafting take a year to get into and passive training is way too slow. It is tedious as hell - if I am going to pay subscription for this I am out pretty soon and busy in Ashes of Creation. 

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

I think it was ready for beta. Almost all the features are in the game and the game loop is pretty much functioning how it's going to at release. The only major feature we're really missing is guild banks.

Other than that most people are just wanting optimization and polish which are very much beta things.

Every MMO beta is "too soon" according to the community. The reality is you don't have infinite money to stay in development forever. 

14 minutes ago, Ble said:

I also hope Lebron is watching high school kids play basketball.

Well, Lebron was scouted when he was in highschool and skipped college career to go straight to pros, correct?

There probably were some pros in the NBA in 2002 that should have been watching Lebron for tips. lmao :D

8 minutes ago, DocHollidaze said:

Well, Lebron was scouted when he was in highschool and skipped college career to go straight to pros, correct?

There probably were some pros in the NBA in 2002 that should have been watching Lebron for tips. lmao :D

Please to not sarcast my sarcasm.

On 8/17/2020 at 1:34 PM, DocHollidaze said:

Funny, but probably true. I remember watching Lebron play in high school on local tv channel when I lived in Cleveland. He was so good back then.