Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Months Before You can Gather

To be able to use ONE type of advanced tool you have to do 21 pips of training.  So at regular speed will that be around 6 months?  So you can craft the tool in one month but have to wait for 5 more months before anyone can use it?  Please tell me where I'm mistaken or how they think this is sensible?

You can unlock the advanced tools in the "exploration basics" which will take about 2-3 weeks to unlock.

The exception is the "shovel" which will take longer to unlock, because it is in the "excavation"

To craft the tools you need a "runemaker" which everybody can be. You only have to equipt the Discipline. Without training you wont be able to make good tools.
Maybe just a bit better tools then the "intermediate" tools.

Edited by Dragotek

It isn't nearly that long to get trained up for them.  I've already completed 12 of those 21 pips since the wipe last week.  Advanced tool proficiency training should start to unlock sometime in the next week or so, depending on the cost of those pips along the way.

The tools themselves can be made on day one, if you are so inclined.  The recipes needed to craft them are attached to the major crafting runes.  All you need is to level up a bit and purchase one.

I personally don't think tools should be time-locked *at all*, but it's not quite so bad as you make it out to be above.

Praise the Founders.

They realy need to make it so Basic line can be maxed 100% in 2 weeks, 2nd tier line 2 months and last tier 6 months.

Basic line need to go realy fast tbh (Maybe tune back stats in combat basic a little since it be quicker) but harvesting and crafting need 2 be much faster.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

3 hours ago, Wayoun said:

To be able to use ONE type of advanced tool you have to do 21 pips of training.  So at regular speed will that be around 6 months?  So you can craft the tool in one month but have to wait for 5 more months before anyone can use it?  Please tell me where I'm mistaken or how they think this is sensible?

I think your math is way off.

231e101d88.jpg

2 hours ago, Hyriol said:

It isn't nearly that long to get trained up for them.  I've already completed 12 of those 21 pips since the wipe last week.  Advanced tool proficiency training should start to unlock sometime in the next week or so, depending on the cost of those pips along the way.

Great! 

For me it's look like "all or nothing". As a "hamster" i love to gather res by myself and then craft something. Basicly i have not enough time for war busines - so, i just need to wait 2-3 weeks untill i can start playing?

With a basic tool i can gather only common res, with no chance to gather something better then uncommon, am i right? And the only source of blue res now - is a fort caravaning. And this content avaliable only for groups, who can capture the fort =/   

But after 3 weeks of offline - booom, welcome to gathering. I think it is a kind of a bad game design =(

Edited by RedSRichy

Ё - sounds proud.

24 minutes ago, Groovin said:

I think your math is way off.

I was told that current training is x10 speed from what release will be.  Is that incorrect?

@Hyriol  Praise the Founders

Edited by Wayoun
15 minutes ago, Wayoun said:

I was told that current training is x10 speed from what release will be.  Is that incorrect?

@Hyriol

Current training is exactly how it will be at release.

It used to be 10x (3x actually i think, and 10x on test) faster for testing purposes.

It will take you less than 2 weeks to use an advanced tool that lines up with your main gathering

Edited by Groovin

231e101d88.jpg