Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
trugamer

Race Restricted Campaigns!

I have to agree that it sounds strange to have certain campaigns just lock out portions of the player base because of what race the chose at the start, but I'll reserve judgement until we get to know more about it.

I doubt many will be restricted like this, but I don't see the problem.  So there may be a campaign or two you can't do, there will be many, many others which you can do.

I like the idea that race/class (Archetype) matters like this.

sbu_lom_crowfall.png

In Soviet Russia Crowfall, deer hunts YOU!

I also would like to know more before I make a final judgement.

However i think the idea could be kind of cool.

By locking off certain races from a campaign, it forces people to rethink strategies.

It could also offset guilds or factions that are built entirely on just one or two races.

Imagine if all the flying races were removed? Or maybe all the supports or mages?

Only those who ask questions have all the answers. Thus only the foolish remain silent.

Race wars worked on Tallon Zek.. As a long time member of a single player race guild I would love nothing more than to have any game mechanic that allowed us to finally not be penalized for preferring to play as a single race rp/pvp guild that actually followed the lore rules. 

Hammers High !!  Master Brewer of the Dwarven Hold Mithril Warhammers

You can already set a world to not having any Magic, so I can see races being restricted in some campaigns.

That would be really interesting from an RP standpoint. Just mettle against mettle. 

This wouldn't exactly be interesting though, so long as the races are tied to classes.

A centaur only campaign, for example, while amusing at first, would get old quickly without the other archtypes to fill in the many gaps.