Find results in...

Main issue of this game summarized.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kira summarized the issue with this game very well.  The game is in a tough spot it its current state and vision.  Unfortunately a "fix" is not easy at this point.      

Optimization is the worst he's ever seen. 60-70 FPS with really good comp with no one on screen and settings on low - if he increases settings, performance is unacceptable Large fights "

On some level, that people quit early in the process of the game is not altogether surprising to me. Not to sound arrogant but most people lack critical thinking capability and are mentally lazy. 20 y

He like 99.9% right.
its on a path but it alot further behind on that path that the devs seem to think it is maybe cause there patches ahead of us but i dont think much is different between the dev patch and what we got there 😛

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

game needs a lot more time in the oven, people going to get salmonella

Made me chuckle.

Beyond someone having little gaming experience or already dug in deep with their head in the sand, not sure how people overall aren't going to come away with the same view.

So much potential, but so much is needed before launch that goes beyond the minor updates we've seen. Hopeful the oven timer isn't close to going off.

CqYhTNu.jpg

Claims hes a hardcore players.... mentions ESO pvp.... /end video

I feel like any joe schmo with a camera and a few followers feels like they are entitled to be heard. But yet you fail to provide very little constructive feed back other than "its not fun". I bet this guy was one of the squeaky wheels that got New World to identity swap. Anyone can gripe about the game not being fun. But if you going to monetize a video about it atleast put a bit more effort into constructive feedback.

40 minutes ago, TheMap said:

Claims hes a hardcore players.... mentions ESO pvp.... /end video

I feel like any joe schmo with a camera and a few followers feels like they are entitled to be heard. But yet you fail to provide very little constructive feed back other than "its not fun". I bet this guy was one of the squeaky wheels that got New World to identity swap. Anyone can gripe about the game not being fun. But if you going to monetize a video about it atleast put a bit more effort into constructive feedback.

Does it matter if he writes stuff down or makes a video about it? I like that format more than reading 10 minutes through another comment of a person which I dont know the background of and what he experienced so far. 

The whiteknighting in this com became a big issue imo and I rather listen to a neutral guy who made alot of other experiences over the past years than sitting in this game for 2+ years now and tries to defend it against every negative claim. Ppl became blindfolded and he clearly isn't. His points are valid, no matter if he provides "constructive feedback" or not. Its simply to hard to explain whats going on with this game and what the flaws are for a game in the current state in 2020. Fun is the currency for players in games, so something being "not fun" is a good point if it comes to describing certain things of games.. and he does provides examples to round that up.. not sure if that "ESO NO HARDCORDE, NOOB"-thing really made you shut it down or if you did watch it till the end.

Joining a Guild/Community always improves the "fun" for most players, so thats not a selling point. I can play any game with friends and have fun but that doesnt mean those games are any good or fun by design.

And no, iam not his fanboy...I actually never heard about him before tbh ;)

3 hours ago, Makuza said:

Does it matter if he writes stuff down or makes a video about it? I like that format more than reading 10 minutes through another comment of a person which I dont know the background of and what he experienced so far. 

The whiteknighting in this com became a big issue imo and I rather listen to a neutral guy who made alot of other experiences over the past years than sitting in this game for 2+ years now and tries to defend it against every negative claim. Ppl became blindfolded and he clearly isn't. His points are valid, no matter if he provides "constructive feedback" or not. Its simply to hard to explain whats going on with this game and what the flaws are for a game in the current state in 2020. Fun is the currency for players in games, so something being "not fun" is a good point if it comes to describing certain things of games.. and he does provides examples to round that up.. not sure if that "ESO NO HARDCORDE, NOOB"-thing really made you shut it down or if you did watch it till the end.

Joining a Guild/Community always improves the "fun" for most players, so thats not a selling point. I can play any game with friends and have fun but that doesnt mean those games are any good or fun by design.

And no, iam not his fanboy...I actually never heard about him before tbh ;)

Im all for constructive criticism in the right places. Its a shame out of all the people that have put forth an effort to help guide this game from the beginning we get this as an accepted review. I have seen way better constructed posts that dissect what can be done to fix XYZ issues. Which yes, have been white knighted on these forums against by the same 5-10 guys over an over. Which is one of the reason why Jtodd said he wouldn't do another crowd funded game again.

Too many backseat junkyard devs that believe they know how to fix a game and make it fun. Truth be told, its best the devs follow their own vision and stop listening to everyone. But in the same sense... I feel like its probably too late to make any big changes. We are on the tracks of the train moving forward. These guys don't have the $$ backing like New World to realize that the vision was destroyed by listening to the player base. New World can push the game back another 8-10 months and close the doors on testing. Crowfall cannot.

Doesnt help that it seems they got investors pushing for release this year so they cant even make any big changes which i feel will be a downfall for them if they release this year since they dont have time to fix the vital issues well maybe they pull something out there ass and manage to fix everything.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

1. Optimization is the worst he's ever seen.
  2. 60-70 FPS with really good comp with no one on screen and settings on low - if he increases settings, performance is unacceptable
  3. Large fights "watching the game on a powerpoint"
  4. Game is so bare bones as far as what it offers, he struggles to call it an alpha.  Nowhere near ready.
  5. He is the exact demographic for this game and he does not enjoy the game at all.
  6. Combat: "better than it was in 2019, but is it good?  No, it's not good."
  7. "I'd perfer a 2d game with point and click on people instead of this"
  8. "all the problems are still there and theyve been there the whole time"
  9. "the core of the game is so fundamentally busted, I cannot see the end of the game"
  10. "there's design in the game that doesnt make sense"
  11. "not being able to move ui in 2020, unacceptable"
  12. game does not communicate emphasis and irreversibility of some choices.
  13. 15 abilities but only 10 hotbar slots doesnt feel good
  14. the game world is so dead and disfunctional
  15. Nothing to do, hardly any creatures - (he doesnt know about what to do and I guess it was not communciated to him all the great things crowfall has to do....wait)
  16. no point in trying out end game - not fun/slide show/gamers who like this niche will not survive to that point
  17. he doesnt understand how they think people are going to play this [game]
  18. the many lacking things of this game was acceptable as an alpha - but as a beta, its incomplete
  19. Game does not meet minimum beta standards
  20. "people are going to get salmonella from this mfer because its so undercooked"

So you can be critical of this guy for "not showcasing the endgame" but I think his experience is telling.  The game did not successfully transition him into the end game.  I think we can all agree that the end game (Sieges/high crafting/guildplay/politics) are the best thing about this game.  This game will live/die on how well the end game is implemented.

If you cannot get people to that point, it doesnt matter.

The things he's saying are all the things everyone has been saying.  Ignore/white knight around it if you want.  

8 minutes ago, Ble said:
  1. Optimization is the worst he's ever seen.
  2. 60-70 FPS with really good comp with no one on screen and settings on low - if he increases settings, performance is unacceptable
  3. Large fights "watching the game on a powerpoint"
  4. Game is so bare bones as far as what it offers, he struggles to call it an alpha.  Nowhere near ready.
  5. He is the exact demographic for this game and he does not enjoy the game at all.
  6. Combat: "better than it was in 2019, but is it good?  No, it's not good."
  7. "I'd perfer a 2d game with point and click on people instead of this"
  8. "all the problems are still there and theyve been there the whole time"
  9. "the core of the game is so fundamentally busted, I cannot see the end of the game"
  10. "there's design in the game that doesnt make sense"
  11. "not being able to move ui in 2020, unacceptable"
  12. game does not communicate emphasis and irreversibility of some choices.
  13. 15 abilities but only 10 hotbar slots doesnt feel good
  14. the game world is so dead and disfunctional
  15. Nothing to do, hardly any creatures - (he doesnt know about what to do and I guess it was not communciated to him all the great things crowfall has to do....wait)
  16. no point in trying out end game - not fun/slide show/gamers who like this niche will not survive to that point
  17. he doesnt understand how they think people are going to play this [game]
  18. the many lacking things of this game was acceptable as an alpha - but as a beta, its incomplete
  19. Game does not meet minimum beta standards
  20. "people are going to get salmonella from this mfer because its so undercooked"

These are features not problems

3 minutes ago, Ble said:

So you can be critical of this guy for "not showcasing the endgame" but I think his experience is telling.  The game did not successfully transition him into the end game.  I think we can all agree that the end game (Sieges/high crafting/guildplay/politics) are the best thing about this game.  This game will live/die on how well the end game is implemented.

If you cannot get people to that point, it doesnt matter.

The things he's saying are all the things everyone has been saying.  Ignore/white knight around it if you want.  

Most people quit before endgame, because it is not fun. Besides that endgame (big fights, sieges etc.) are busted because of bad FPS.

Edited by Kreigon

One Ring to Rule them all, One Ring to Find them, One Ring to bring them all an in the darkness and bind them.

22 minutes ago, Kreigon said:

Most people quit before endgame, because it is not fun. Besides that endgame (big fights, sieges etc.) are busted because of bad FPS.

Mostly I agree.  There is end game experiences to be had that are not completely ruined by FPS and even the super big fights that are nearly ruined by FPS are not so unfun that you'd rather not experience them.   But, the fact that people quit before end game due to unfun, not knowing what to do, not knowing where to go and poor optimization is definitely the issue here.

10 minutes ago, Ble said:

Mostly I agree.  There is end game experiences to be had that are not completely ruined by FPS and even the super big fights that are nearly ruined by FPS are not so unfun that you'd rather not experience them.   But, the fact that people quit before end game due to unfun, not knowing what to do, not knowing where to go and poor optimization is definitely the issue here.

i mean the game shots itself in the foot by making communication and grouping unnecessary hard, because they don't provide friendlists or guildlists ingame. So you have to turn to the homepage or 3rd party programms for communication/grouping, which is really really offputting. why do a beta without friendlist and guildlist feature?? I just do not understand the thoughts behind those decisions...... 

One Ring to Rule them all, One Ring to Find them, One Ring to bring them all an in the darkness and bind them.

On some level, that people quit early in the process of the game is not altogether surprising to me. Not to sound arrogant but most people lack critical thinking capability and are mentally lazy. 20 years ago, the type of people playing games would poke around in the interface and figure stuff out. Now? Many folks just constant blurt out questions in general chat or discord for things that could be figure out in 20 seconds of exploring the game interface.

Now, I work in web dev so I don't believe that is an excuse for poor interface design. Nor do I think games should be confusing out of laziness by developers. The NPE is a needed right step forward.

But games like CF, or other sandboxy games, there is only so much handholding that can be done. I mean, ACE could add a 2 minute video at character creation, or borrow one a player made, that basically explains step by step what people can do in terms of progression. They probably should. And yet most people will probably not watch it.

This game will never have mass appeal, and yet streamers like this guy target mass appeal - because they want to be internet famous and have lots of followers.

I play games like Europa Universalis to wind down, and amazingly a game like that has streamers and YouTubers. The number their followers in the hundreds - but the content is spot on for the people who are their audience.

Trust me, there will be plenty more unconstructive post videos after this one, and some of that is because yes, CF is half-baked. But it's also going to be because the internet loves to poorly made dergs on everything, because it gets views, and because streaming is ultimately a narcissistic activity that thrives on accumulating views.

No point in arguing, we all want this game to succeed and be good. And to be honest I felt like it was never ready to hit beta either. 

My biggest agreements:

1) I get this is not a AAA game that is suppose to bring in millions of players, that's fine with me.  But that makes the optimization even worse in my eyes.  150 players in one zone and we got problems? Not Good.

- And I get that ACE is working on it and I appreciate it. I am patient and will be testing as much as they keep trying to make it better.

2) The game world, I think its incredibly boring. I get we want the random parcels and maps. But I never feel like the maps flow well, or seem memorable.  And all maps feel and look the same as you run through them. 
               - I have always pushed the idea of different Biomes. Make the different maps or zones feel different. Give them more structure and flow. Like if we go through a gate we have to past outposts, keeps, danger to get to the Big Keep that inhabits this zone.

3) As a person who gives 0 cares towards gathering and crafting (not that I don't to help guild but still...) If I am not pvping, im bored. There needs to be something more to do other then make a duelist so you can solo run in infected just to be entertained off campaign.

- If ace wants to host some dueling tournaments in EK or add some small skirmish pvp battlegrounds, that would be awesome.  Maybe add some hard fought epic ass quest line to get some resources for our guild crafters. Drop some random world bosses that players have to unite and kill before it destroys something..  stuff that would make people go OH SH!T this is happening guys..log on and help!

4) If the big climax, end game are the sieges, they need to not destroy peoples experience with parcel caps...zone locks...and 10fps or lower. 

- There needs to be just better optimization for this to really be fun for everyone.  I do like the increase in Sieges per night, and adding EU to the servers to increase population and the random world pvp.

5) I also agree, make the UI customizable and for me to please be able to pull it up as I am auto running...lol I hate that I have to stop just to look at my gear or something. 

Lets all HELP ACE and each other make this game what we want!

Edited by Khalanos
Just now, Khalanos said:

5) I also agree, make the UI customizable and for me to please be able to pull it up as I am auto running...lol I hate that I have to stop just to look at my gear or something.

There is a setting on the options that allow you to open inventory and run at the same time.