Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey all. Confessor Sanctifier!!!!


Backstabbz
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello I'm looking into making a Confessor Sanctifier...For some reason there isn't much on that sub class, if anyone has a decent build with disciplines and talents that would be awesome. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Backstabbz said:

Hello I'm looking into making a Confessor Sanctifier...For some reason there isn't much on that sub class, if anyone has a decent build with disciplines and talents that would be awesome. 

 

There are several sub-classes in game that don't feel impactful or have a meaningful roll in groups, or that can be replaced with a different subclass that does the same things better.

I would say IMHO Sanctifier Confessor is one of those. There probably isn't much info because not many people play it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Backstabbz said:

Dang that is unfortunate it looks like it could be fun. Would be cool to see some of the Confessor sub classes that people dont main come to life. 

 

People play the other Confessor subclasses. One has really great damage, the other has a really useful elemental armor break - since much of the DPS into large groups right now is elemental damage from Druids.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Sanctifier is viable but in some cases it could fall into the "Well I could bring something better". I think you can make an argument for it in some large scale situation and we actually have been running one off and on.

Technically sanctifiers have the highest potential damage output of all of the confessors due to the base damage buff from spitting distance buff. The problem with them is that they generally have to wear plate because they are short range with spitting distance and that they rely more on their gear and passive training to provide their AP/other damage stats.

They do provide decent front line distruption and can hit for decent damage considering they are wearing plate. The catch here is that the Knight does this as well and has a bit more versatility with their disciplines because the sanctifier also nerfs some discipline power range. Knight also comes with some cooldown reduction making them strong utility disc carriers.

I'd say give the class a try if you are super interested in it. I like playing them but I generally fill a different role for our guild so I don't play  that class often. The good news with white vessels is rerolling is pretty fast so if you aren't feeling it you can always swing to a new class pretty easily.

C4sIZDW.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Sanctifier is supposed to be then in close plate wearing mage class. The last skill on the tree gives 20% extra damage but reduces the base range of a confessor from 25 meters to just 8 meters. The problem with the class is it does not have enough ways to stay alive when in close like that. You will always be targeted because you can do more damage than many of the other in close classes. The fact is the higher damage melee classes are also not played very much in large group combat because they also don't have the suitability of the tanker classes.

Plate gives only about 1000 more armor than a leather wearer but you also lose 10% damage bonus that in on the leather. 1000 armor gives only 10% damage reduction. That is not enough to survive. They can put points into a resist all skill but that just means less points for offensive skills and still is not enough damage reduction. They get a skill to put healing on condemnation but the amount of healing is pitiful. I recommend that that skill in particular get a very big buff. I don't think it would unbalance while possibly giving a good boost to survival.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Pendan said:

The Sanctifier is supposed to be then in close plate wearing mage class. The last skill on the tree gives 20% extra damage but reduces the base range of a confessor from 25 meters to just 8 meters. The problem with the class is it does not have enough ways to stay alive when in close like that. You will always be targeted because you can do more damage than many of the other in close classes. The fact is the higher damage melee classes are also not played very much in large group combat because they also don't have the suitability of the tanker classes.

Plate gives only about 1000 more armor than a leather wearer but you also lose 10% damage bonus that in on the leather. 1000 armor gives only 10% damage reduction. That is not enough to survive. They can put points into a resist all skill but that just means less points for offensive skills and still is not enough damage reduction. They get a skill to put healing on condemnation but the amount of healing is pitiful. I recommend that that skill in particular get a very big buff. I don't think it would unbalance while possibly giving a good boost to survival.

I was always curious if you could do a Sanctifier build without taking the last talent in the tree. That gets you many of the benefits including plate and dodge reduction (with high elf + 2 dodge reduction majors, you can get this to like  3-4s recharge) without giving up range. You do lose out on a lot of damage though.

Edited by nihilsupernum
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Phylor.the.Jester said:

The Sanctifier is viable but in some cases it could fall into the "Well I could bring something better". I think you can make an argument for it in some large scale situation and we actually have been running one off and on.

Technically sanctifiers have the highest potential damage output of all of the confessors due to the base damage buff from spitting distance buff. The problem with them is that they generally have to wear plate because they are short range with spitting distance and that they rely more on their gear and passive training to provide their AP/other damage stats.

They do provide decent front line distruption and can hit for decent damage considering they are wearing plate. The catch here is that the Knight does this as well and has a bit more versatility with their disciplines because the sanctifier also nerfs some discipline power range. Knight also comes with some cooldown reduction making them strong utility disc carriers.

I'd say give the class a try if you are super interested in it. I like playing them but I generally fill a different role for our guild so I don't play  that class often. The good news with white vessels is rerolling is pretty fast so if you aren't feeling it you can always swing to a new class pretty easily.

hey Phyl-- couple questions:

1) i read that sanctifier is only limited to 8m range IF they take whatever that trait is that allows them to wear plate ( something like that)

1a. if they dont take plate they retain their range, but remain tanky due to some 'shielding' mechanic they have- which is supposedly very good, and thus they stick to wearing leather.

2. off topic-- how then is arbiter?  good cc?  good killer?   survivavble?  needed in groups?  leveling and pvp?

 

thanks-

PS say hi to silk, grad and dubanka from Gwaehir=)  Ive now made my official im coming to play with my main guild

Edited by punahou
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, nihilsupernum said:

I was always curious if you could do a Sanctifier build without taking the last talent in the tree. That gets you many of the benefits including plate and dodge reduction (with high elf + 2 dodge reduction majors, you can get this to like  3-4s recharge) without giving up range. You do lose out on a lot of damage though.

This is how I play the Sanctifier without the last point and I believe is a popular choice for an unpopular promotion class. Besides the 20% damage loss from that point you also lose out on tornadoes moving really fast so they can't be dodged (The description of 75% reduced lifetime is confusing but it really only changes the speed they move out). Also should note that nethari are a popular confessor race in but with the very long regen time of the dodge change for beta those points in dodge reduction don't feel useful for that race.

Edit: Forgot to mention the 10% fire damage bonus as Phylor pointed out.

Edited by Pendan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What you are referring to is what we refer to as a Half Sanct. It works but it has a few big draw backs. The first is that you dont' get book mastery so you can't wear runic weapons. Not really a problem right now but can be down the road. The other is that you don't get the 10% fire damage bonus(and cap which you really don't hit). You do gain some of the durability of the Sanct from the shield but unless you are dying instantly, you lose a lot of damage compared to the fanatic or inquisitor.

Haven't messed with the Arbiter much in this patch but it is likely not very good. I can tell you that the damage it puts out will be lack luster compared to other options and the same for the healing it does.

C4sIZDW.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been soloing on my sanctifier for a while now.  The class needs a few tweaks that will hopefully be addressed in beta that should push it up a notch.  The biggest issues is the 8m range which each patch messes with. Some skills end up being more, some less, or some way more so thats always fun.  Hopefully they bump Hellfire Aura to 6m at least from 4m in the future so its in line with melee classes.   Condemnation is the go to skill here as part of your rotation yes the healing is poor in some aspects.  If you end up hitting multiple targets during the channel you can get a couple hundred hp each channel.  Single target its meh for heals.  The big thing is don't forget to use that ult to buy yourself time with your cooldowns.  Thats probably the biggest take away with the Sanctifier.  The other 2 use it as more of an escape but with the Sanct you want to juke with it and wait for your CD's to reset.

Major Choice - Runecaster , Force Mage, Troubadour are probably the top 3.  Can also go illusionist as another option

Minor Choices -  Mortal Sin, Matching Plate (whichever is the 100attk pwr),  Overwhelming odds are usually my standards but I do swap in some other ones time to time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gwaehir said:

what does troubador offer for a sanct?

 

20m Range Slow (yes stays at that range) ,  15% debuff damage resistance (you will use this over the others)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...