Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

remove the number of blocked targets (5) for attack spells

Hello,

I would think that it is vital for the future of the games to unlock the number of targets that can be touched by the same spell.
or the simple reason that by blocking the number of target hit the only important data that players will have left is the number.
whatever the way you play, whatever your ability to be good or even excellent all this will be pointless if your opponent is 
more numerous than you because the mass will mean that many of your enemies will not be affected by your fate and therefore 
you will lose for sure!
I would like Crowfall to be a game or little say to each other if we organize a group of good players who can compete with these 
enemies even if they are twice as numerous. today from my gaming experience the games are limited to: well the enemies are more
 numerous we lost ...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonjour,

Je serais d'avis qu'il est vital pour l'avenir du jeux de débloquer le nombre de cible touchable par un même sort. pour la simple raison qu'en bloquant le nombre de cible touché la seul donnée importante qu'il va rester au joueurs c'est le nombre. quelque soit la manière dont vous jouez, quelque soit votre capacité à être bon voir même excellent tout cela ne servira a rien si votre adversaire est plus nombreux que vous car la masse fera que beaucoup de vos ennemi ne seront pas touché par vos sort et donc vous perdrez a coup sur!

je souhaiterais que Crowfall soit un jeux ou peu se dire si on s organise bien un groupe de bon joueur peu rivaliser avec ces ennemis même si ils sont deux fois plus nombreux. aujourd'hui de mon expérience de jeux le jeux se limite a: bah  les ennemis sont plus nombreux on a perdus ...

totally agree with that. 

it could be a good solution against zerg  and a tools against the uncle bob scenario because if small organized squad can kill bigger group it will be harder for a zerg to control all the maps and make the game boring. 

The reason of having this is not trasforming each group combat in an area spell/heal spamming.

The number of five has been set after years of this community playtesting.

I'm quite certain this mechanic is going to stay for a long time.

Zergs are going to be "countered" with other strategies.

Edited by RikForFun

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano

I still think the game should try to reward groups of 10v10 or 15v15 instead of the 30v30 or 50v50 people seem to dream about.

AOE could be a way to do that. But it most likely Zergs would run AOE classes and try to destroy other Zergs with it. In the end the game might just become even more mindless.

2 hours ago, RikForFun said:

The reason of having this is not trasforming each group combat in an area spell/heal spamming.

The number of five has been set after years of this community playtesting.

I'm quite certain this mechanic is going to stay for a long time.

Zergs are going to be "countered" with other strategies.

How do you counter zergs with strategies not involving AOE's or skills that scale with the number of opponents ?

I will try to use simple language so I hope this translates for you.

Unlocking AoE caps does not not prevent a numbers advantage as the group with larger numbers will simply be capable of even more damage than before.

Your ball of aoe casters against their bigger ball of aoe casters means you lose even faster since they are also now applying all of their damage to you and all of their heals to themselves, the same as you are.

Having more people is always better than having less people. The number of people an AOE can hit does not change this.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

8 hours ago, Kilucru said:

How do you counter zergs with strategies not involving AOE's or skills that scale with the number of opponents ?

Spam more effects to create lag😈. friendly fire could help, although not sure how much.

2 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

Your ball of aoe casters against their bigger ball of aoe casters means you lose even faster since they are also now applying all of their damage to you and all of their heals to themselves, the same as you are.

Only if both groups are in a ball. If the smaller group was spread out and TTK was a bit faster the results would be drastically different. 

On 8/22/2020 at 1:39 AM, mystafyi said:

Please think of the lag. Perhaps just raising the limit a little bit would be a first step.

In your opinion, what generates the lag ? small group 10-15 or zerg 50+ ? 

So yes i think of the lag, really ! and is for this reason  that we should not encourage the "zerg game".

13 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

Unlocking AoE caps does not not prevent a numbers advantage as the group with larger numbers will simply be capable of even more damage than before.

Having more people is always better than having less people. The number of people an AOE can hit does not change this.

Hum... However in other games, unlocking AoE caps works! and its fun, very fun because it requires skill and brain... 😉

It's much easier for a small group to target a big compact zerg than the reverse.

On 8/22/2020 at 9:39 AM, mystafyi said:

Please think of the lag. Perhaps just raising the limit a little bit would be a first step.

Lag might be reduced tbh with non capped aoe dmg, fight would be spread out more instead of 2 giant blobs since they want to avoid all being aoed down, The numbers in the fight would reduce quicker as well again taking people out of the fight which will also reduce lag. you probaly see more flanks and antiflanks which end up making 2 smaller battle field instead of one huge one again spreasing out the animations and affects.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

23 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

This is a big crock right here saying it will only help larger groups .  Keep healing capped at 5 if they can even do this but something tells me all AOEs are set as a flag for a certain number and cant be separated from healing & dps aoes.     Larger groups wont be doing more damage than they currently do except in large scale pvp & who cares at that point.     It would actually bring up 5 man group efficiency up and possibly allow for a 5 man to hurt a 10 or 15+.  Currently the small group will get rolled no matter what because the number advantage alone allows the AOEs to hit multiple people where the smaller groups AOEs will only hit the same people a certain percentage of the time.  Plus its beta we can always revert the changes & now is the time balance and mess with combat. 

From what I understand -- just about all spells in the game are hard coded to 5. While, they may update it in the future -- it sounds like it'd require quite the code overhaul.

22 minutes ago, MrErad said:

Larger groups wont be doing more damage than they currently do except in large scale pvp & who cares at that point.     It would actually bring up 5 man group efficiency up and possibly allow for a 5 man to hurt a 10 or 15+. 

How would they not be doing more damage? If you have 10-15 players dropping an AoE on say...a group of 5 -- it is almost a guaranteed insta-kill for anyone hit. Their killing potential also scales better as gear/skill progress.

Yes, the group of 5 may be able to hurt the 15+ group, but it still depends upon the dynamic of the encounter. It also greatly assumes that the group of 5 gets their AoEs off first. And again, as gear/skill progress the damage output of all 5 members of that group dropping an AoE may not actually kill anyone within the better geared 15+/larger group (higher hp/resistances). While, the larger group will still insta-kill anyone their coordinated 10+ AoEs hit (sheer numbers negates hp/resistances)

It also gives rise to the AoE meta -- as they quickly become the most sought after/desired class/discipline -- if for no other reason than to be a counter to the oppositions AoE.

However, having said that I'm not entirely opposed to a few extremely long cooldown uncapped AoE's, but it has to be a path taken on with extreme caution. AoEs in almost any game are exceedingly powerful, and if they're usable every 10-30 seconds...that hurts.

Spells hit 5 players randomly. So the bigger the group, the more random the aoe dmg is going to hit. Meaning the damage will be spread out among more players. If no cap, there will be a 100% hit rate as long as they are in the area of the spell.

Its about having a punchers chance. Having a smaller group be able coordinate a hit that will effect a bigger foe. If some semblance of "skill" can be added to the game to counter mindless zerging, it should definitely be explored.

Edited by Audin

Friendly fire pleaseeee ACE... That and removing the 5 target limit from AOE would do wonders against zergs. Heals should stay limited however. 

Friendly fire being the far more important and impactful feature against zergs obviously. 

Edited by Zushakon

Officer of The BlackHand Order

2 hours ago, Simonic said:

From what I understand -- just about all spells in the game are hard coded to 5. While, they may update it in the future -- it sounds like it'd require quite the code overhaul.

How would they not be doing more damage? If you have 10-15 players dropping an AoE on say...a group of 5 -- it is almost a guaranteed insta-kill for anyone hit. Their killing potential also scales better as gear/skill progress.

Yes, the group of 5 may be able to hurt the 15+ group, but it still depends upon the dynamic of the encounter. It also greatly assumes that the group of 5 gets their AoEs off first. And again, as gear/skill progress the damage output of all 5 members of that group dropping an AoE may not actually kill anyone within the better geared 15+/larger group (higher hp/resistances). While, the larger group will still insta-kill anyone their coordinated 10+ AoEs hit (sheer numbers negates hp/resistances)

It also gives rise to the AoE meta -- as they quickly become the most sought after/desired class/discipline -- if for no other reason than to be a counter to the oppositions AoE.

However, having said that I'm not entirely opposed to a few extremely long cooldown uncapped AoE's, but it has to be a path taken on with extreme caution. AoEs in almost any game are exceedingly powerful, and if they're usable every 10-30 seconds...that hurts.

because the 10-15 already is doing the max damage to the 5.  How are they going to do more if AOE's become uncapped to a 5 man group?  The 5 man will be able to push out more damage though.  Those coordinated aoes already happen verse the 5 so nothing will change on their end.  So lets use the ults as an example if the 15 rushes the 5 and all hit their aoes its still 5.  Uncapped Aoes they  its still 5 so explain to me how they do more vs 5.