Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
neutrinoide

Spinning Attack Must Go

Hi,I just saw some video footage where it shows the knight doing spinning attacks.

It makes no sens at all :unsure: .

I hope it is pre-alpha and it will be remove from the game.

Thank you and have a nice day

Edited by Neutrinoide

Lets also have real life stamina for warriors, the bigger the swords, the more time and more stamina it consumes.

And do not forget armor. Armor is very heavy, its not physically possible to keep running for an entire day in full plate gear. So ACE should implement a rest system for a knight.

Lets say 1 hour of walking, then a 20min rest where you have to sit on the ground to recoup your strenght?

Lets also have real life stamina for warriors, the bigger the swords, the more time and more stamina it consumes.

And do not forget armor. Armor is very heavy, its not physically possible to keep running for an entire day in full plate gear. So ACE should implement a rest system for a knight.

Lets say 1 hour of walking, then a 20min rest where you have to sit on the ground to recoup your strenght?

I think having the option to take it off would work but leave you vulnerable. Drop it or throw it on wagon \ mount?

I totally do not support this. The move looks cool. How about we remove centaurs? They don't make sense.

I agree.

Lets also remove the cartoony graphics, a world like that is not even remotely possible.

I know! Lts just remove all fantasy aspects of the game and create a real life Medieval action mmo with real life drinking/eating, toilet visits. And the fact that once you die, you are dead for good.

This must be what the OP is hinting at!

Even Dark Souls has spinning attacks (even worse than that one), which is a sort of realistic, pvp-heavy game with a lot of combat depth. You can just add a lot of drawbacks to spinning attacks to make them more balanced, like a slow start up, opening yourself up for attack before and after the attack.

I would agree not to have it become 'spin to win', though perhaps... what if they made all the attacks spinning attacks? Then it would be like the best dance simulator ever.

It's better than that shout knockback, I mean really, why wear armor and use a sword?, he might as well be a bard with pipes like that, he could beat you down verbally >.>

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

Sweeping attacks make sense. Even the spinning attack is ok (does look cool), but the 360knockback power from the spinning attack is ridiculous. So is the stoneborn's 360o stomp or shout attack.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

I don't like fake exaggerated heroic fantasy stuff either so I agree with the OP.

My preference is something more realistic.

Is it my main priority? No, the combat mechanics itself are.

Edited by timetraveler

Making sense is a besides, you can make realistic looking attacks that are both more functional and better looking. Players have more fun when the animations look fascinating rather than embarrassing...

Let's take that spin, and replace it with a shield shoulder rush that knocks back up to 2 targets in front of you and up to two targets behind those, like a big block in front of you. It feels better because it looks like your pushing your weight into the shield, it's useful because it can push back an organized group in front of you together, and it has tactical trade off because it requires you to direct the attack toward your opponent, giving them an opportunity to avoid it without fleeing...

Why settle when the solution isn't either a matter of cost or demand, just fix it Jesus :]

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

Even Dark Souls has spinning attacks (even worse than that one), which is a sort of realistic, pvp-heavy game with a lot of combat depth. You can just add a lot of drawbacks to spinning attacks to make them more balanced, like a slow start up, opening yourself up for attack before and after the attack.

I would agree not to have it become 'spin to win', though perhaps... what if they made all the attacks spinning attacks? Then it would be like the best dance simulator ever.

You haven't even read what the attack does. Do you think all spinning attacks are inherently overpowered?

While OP did sound a bit arrogant, I do have to agree that I'm not a fan of the way the spinning attack looks.  But that's just my two cents. I fully support this idea, however:

Making sense is a besides, you can make realistic looking attacks that are both more functional and better looking. Players have more fun when the animations look fascinating rather than embarrassing...

Let's take that spin, and replace it with a shield shoulder rush that knocks back up to 2 targets in front of you and up to two targets behind those, like a big block in front of you. It feels better because it looks like your pushing your weight into the shield, it's useful because it can push back an organized group in front of you together, and it has tactical trade off because it requires you to direct the attack toward your opponent, giving them an opportunity to avoid it without fleeing...

Why settle when the solution isn't either a matter of cost or demand, just fix it Jesus :]

Partial fix:

The spinning attack, let's just call it "Whirlwind" because that's shorter to type, deals a specific amount of damage, 100 HP.  That amount is dispersed between the amount of enemies hit.  Take into account the armor other players will be wearing, resistances, the fact that ranged types probably won't be standing inside the Circle of Spin, and it becomes just one part of a combat strategy, not some OP death-dealer.